Bowling Green, KY
Western Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Kentucky University

Karen

This school is basically a suit case school(everyone goes home on the weekends), if you don't party its hard to make friends, and they cater to LBGT and international students more than anyone else.

That they're are wild party going young men and women. I for one have not been to a single party but i feel like i'm the small minority that hasn't.

Gen Eds are more rigorous than my upper level classes and i'm a freshman.

Tyra

The mascot is pretty weird, it is built on a hill, everyone is overly friendly, and we have a steak and shake.

Everyone's advice to you right now means nothing. None of it describes what it is really like. Study like you normally do, make friends like you usually do, and just stay focused. It isn't extra hard and teachers care way more than everyone is making it seem. Though there may be times when you feel like giving up during high school, thinking "if this is hard what is next," don't stress. Stress makes it worse. Just work on time management and organization and you'll be fine. Just do you as you always have, but actually do your work this time! Also, never forget. Your main goal will always be to be happy, don't let anything get in your way of that.

How friendly it is, the low price, and how some of the teachers actually work with you.

Natalie

Western Kentucky University, where the spirit makes the master.

Western Kentucky University, where the spirit makes the master.

Don't waste your time wishing away your senior year. Enjoy the memories you are making with friends you've known for a lifetime, the new friendships you're going to come across this year, and the time you have at home. College is awesome and it's wonderfully scary being on your own and being independent, but you're going to miss the home-cooked meals and seeing your friends every day, and driving the backroads in your little small town. Apply for good schools and be ambitious, but make sure you choose the college that feels like home. Don't settle and work hard for the future you've always dreamed of.

Does your school have a Big Red? No, and that's what is best about my school. Big Red is an embodiment of Western Kentucky University and it's students, and is wonderful at pulling the students and faculty together as one body.

Tyler

I am very young. I graduated from high school in just three years and completed Community College with two Associate Degrees in just one year. Now I am just 18 and am transferring to Western Kentucky University as a Junior and plan to graduate in December 2016. So being a high school senior was just last year for me. My advice would be to work on my time management and organization/prioritization skills. I have Asperger's Syndrome and while the classes are not difficult for me, I sometimes don't do well because I struggle in these areas. I need to find a method or system that will help me so that I can be successful in all areas of my life. Thank you very much for considering me for this scholarship.

I think anyone who lives in the state of Kentucky looking for a public school should consider WKU. It is smaller than the University of Kentucky and University of Louisville, yet offers just as much. Bowling Green is a very nice city and not nearly as crowded as Louisville or Lexington so getting around is a lot easier. The campus is also very nice with a good sense of "Community" rather than "City".

This is hard for me to answer because I am transferring to WKU this year after obtaining two Associate Degrees from the Communiy College System. Right now I do not have any frustrations with the school. The application process and class scheduling has gone very smoothly. So far, the most frustrating thing is that it is in a different time zone from my home (I live in Eastern Kentucky)!

Noelle

Apply for TONS of scholarships, be prepared to not recive adequete finacial aid, and study your rear-end off.

Anyone who has trouble fitting in.

Small town feel, you always see someone you know around campus.

Small town feel, you always see someone you know around campus.

My classmates are driven, passionate, helpful, spirited.

My advice to my high school self would be to come into college with an open mind, dont assume anything is going to be a certain way because college is full of surprises. Be open to trying new things and meeting new people, dont get hung up on the people you know from high school.

Laura

Life in college, socially and independently, is the life. You will attend a heavy and stressful load of classes Monday through Thursday all to find yourself stumbling through a fraternity house for the next three nights. You'll have a ton of fun those nights and then wake up the next morning with the most unimagineable hangovers, then do it all over again without hesitation. This leads me to say, learn to take care of yourself. Your hygene will go down the drain, and your financial status will be dirt poor. So first, take showers. That could even help cure those weekly hangovers. Second, save lots of money during your summers; your parents will not be around to help out. And last, don't let partying get the best of you. Your GPA should be 4 points higher than your blood alcohol content.

The worst thing about WKU is the dreaded hill. The academics are up to par and the people are great. The absolute worst thing, and you can ask anybody, is the mile walk up the hill to Cherry Hall or Gordon Wilson Hall. Those are the two plaes that dance majors spend all of their time!

Morgan

Looking back on my high school career, and seeing the many different challenges and speed bumps that I had overcame in my own way, there are many things I would change. High school seems like fun and games to many people. I, myself didn't take it as seriously as I should have. Now, understanding and seeing how difficult things may be, I would have taken it a lot more seriously, and studied as much as possible. It never really seems true when people tell you over and over how important it is to get an education, but now undergoing the life as a college student I understand the difficulties such as paying for college, buying gas, keeping my grades up to a certain GPA, I would definitely face high school with a total different attitude.

Nikki

Western is a friendly university filled with caring professors and students who want to be there.

I would tell myself to actually put in time on scholarships and I would have wanted to take some other college level classes so I wouldnt have to take them this year and I could start my major classes early. Also I would have told myself that my best friend was going to walk away and I shouldnt have relied on her. Most important though, I would have put myself in a healthier routine so that when the time came, I would have a routine set so that trying to eat better in college wouldnt be so hard.

I think that western has a really good way of getting students aquainted with the clubs and communities on campus. It reallys fro students like me who are kind of scared to leave home.

Zachary

It is away from home and has a beautiful campus.

It is away from home and has a beautiful campus.

I would say to take more time to study and get acquainted with school and the work load and spend less time with friends and socializing.

I don't feel like I learn here-that the professors are teaching to a test and not to their students' needs.

Western Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.