Bowling Green, KY
Western Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Kentucky University

Additional Loan Options

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

My choice of attending Western Kentucky University was mostly made by my wish to study abroad. Western has an amazing program and I am already attending colleges across the globe. I love it. Other schools had study abroad programs but no where near as extensive as WKU.

Pressure is large part of college, maybe even more so than in high school. From peer pressure to stress from school work, it can be overwhelming at times but stay strong. Its worth the struggle. You will be tempted by people who you believe to be friends but your strong enough to resist the bad things, you know what they are. However keep in mind these may be the funnest years of your life, so have fun. Meet new friends, try new things but keep a steady head on your shoulders. The world may seem unfair at times but keep in mind that it's not meant too. The world doesn't owe you anything, it was here first. You have to earn what you wish to get. Grades, Green(money), and Girls won't flock to you. You have to go out and get it. So go big or go home, Live your life to the max. Good Luck!!

The pressure to be in a fraternity. If you are unable to get into one, you can often feel ostrasized by others. Fraternities and Sororities are everywhere and extremely alcohol dependent and I dont reallt wish to be part of that kind of group.

dorothy

I would tell Dorothy " congratulations on you upcoming graduation." I would also let her know that achieving her high school diploma is going to be a big accomplishment. And that is just the beginning of her journey. I would let her know she can be anything she wants to be in life. Doctors, nurses, and lawyers are just a few career choices she has to choose from. I will encourage her to start narrowing down her school choices for college early, and to began applying for scholarships and student loans right away. College should be at the top of your priority list of things to accomplish in life. I would also tell her to not allow people or things to distract her from her goals. "Dorothy, I wish you many blessings and much success in your future."

Audrey

Western Kentucky University has a beautiful campus, in both its architechure and its landscape, as well as am administration that makes great efforts to help its students succeed at their highest level.

You know how coaches often say you perform like you practice? Well, consider high school as practice and college as the performance. No one who puts forth Second String effort in practice will suddenly become the star player at the game, no matter how much they’d like to. I believe the same can be said for school. If you want to make straight A’s in college, study and make them now in high school. If you want to start an organization that makes a difference in college, start one now; because chances are you will not miraculously become the person you want to be over that one long summer break between Senior and Freshman year. In college, there are endless opportunities to learn, new things to experience, and unique people to meet; and there’s no harm in looking forward to all of this, but don’t let looking forward to the future fool you out of doing things now. So, to myself as a high school Senior, I would say don’t be the player who fumbles the ball, be everything you want now so that you’ll be the star player in college from the start.

If I could go back in time to my high school self, I would say that you can’t go back in time, and to live knowing that. Every day you spend in school and every weekend you spend wishing you didn’t have to go back on Monday morning are days that you won’t get again. I mean, sure college is great, and there’s not harm in looking forward to it. There is harm, though, in living in the future.

Lindsey

Unfortunatley, I had to drop out of highschool against my own choosing. So if I could go back to the time when I would have been a high school senior, I would tell myself to save as much money as I can for college! College is extremly fun (and of course educational.) but very expensive. I have to work full time to support myself as well as the costs of books and tuition. With doing that I miss out on a lot of things that I would love to do on campus, that also could open new doors when I graduate. On the more humorous side of things, I would also let my highschool self know that you need to pick your roommate carefully, make sure your roommate has short hair so you don't step in it everytime you shower!

Madison

As a high school senior, I was extrememly nervous that I would pick the wrong college and go somewhere that I truly hated. As I searched for colleges and went on tours, none of the colleges really felt right until I went to Western Kentucky University. The campus was beautiful and it's distance from home was great. It just felt right. I then visited other schools such as University of Kentucky, but none felt as good of a fit as WKU. Later in the year I struggled with whether or not Western would have the right kinds of majors and minors I was looking for and second guessed my choice. Choosing WKU has so far been the best decision I have made and I can't see myself anywhere else. If I could go back, I would tell myself to just go with what feels right and don't stress out so much!

While this question seems basic, I find it very difficult to answer. I have only lived on campus for a few weeks now, but I have yet to find something that I truly hate about this school. I guess for me personally, the worst thing about going here is being a freshman. Being at the bottom of the food chain again isn't the best, but it is in no means horrible. Many uppserclassmen have been very accepting of us so I really don't have any complaints!

Personally, the most frustrating thing to me about Western Kentucky University so far has been having classes at the very bottom of the hill and then all the way at the top. While I love the workout, when it gets cold I'm going to wish I had classes closer together!

Chevianne

I would tell myself not to be so worried about what people though.

I would tell myself not to be so worried about what people though.

The teachers are very nice and are willing to help.

someone that is focused and want to be apart of a community.

Leslie

My school is best known for being able to attend college and get through it without many distractions.

I brag to my friends about my professors because there really is a lot that I tend to like.

Courtni

Definitely apply yourself to your high school studies. It is very important to have a high GPA in order to take full advantage of every opportunity offered at any college.

This is my first year and I have not had the opportunity to make any assessments yet.

Amber

I think Master Plan is something that is very unique to WKU's campus. It is a week long oreintation where Freshman move on campus the week prior to starting. It ia a great time to meet new friends and get aquainted to campus before everyone else moves into the dorms. Another things is the Academic Advising and Retention Center which proides a myriad of academic services to any student for free. Services includes counseling, test prep, tutoring, study hours, computer labs and much much more! Currently, it is a program other universities are looking to imitate.

College is everything people say about it and so much more! I have loved every minute of my college experience. When you first arrive, go out of your way to make friends especially ones that may bring a little diversity to your life! But be careful to also surround yourself with people who will encourage you in your personal views. I went to college, and made lots of friend who believed things I didn't and things I did believe. I love that I have made so many friends with different backgrounds, cultures orientations, and beliefs, but as a Christian, I wanted to also make sure to surround myself with people who would help me through my time in college. I found great friends who I had tons of fun with, but they never once asked me to drink, party, do drugs, etc. Outside of that, work hard. Some classes are really easy and some are super hard. But push through it, and never be afraid to use acedemic resources. And, make sure that you major in something you love, not just something that your parents want or something that will make you lots of money. I love my major!

The friends I have made during my time at WKU. I have made the best friends who I will keep for life. They have been by my side through my college career. They have encouraged and lifted me up. I wouldn't have made it through school without them. And, they say the same about me! Another great thing about campus is its natural beauty. The campus is spectacularly beautiful which makes studying outside an great experience! And, luckily the campus provides lots of green space for students to play sports, read books, hang out or study outside!

Western Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.