Bowling Green, KY
Western Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Kentucky University

James

First of all, I would tell myself to get off my bum and get to work on scholarships! The financial strain of college was more than I could ever imagine, and something that still haunts me to this day. In addition, I would tell myself to work on my organizational skills. College is quite demanding when it comes to being prepared, and I was simply not ready. I would need to learn how to manage my time, and quit procrastinating , as well. Life in college is fast-paced and there is no time for distractions when there is work to be done. Focusing on the task at hand would allow me to truly maximize the value of my time. All of this advice is precious, and I would hope that my stubborn past self would come to realize this.

The best part about Western Kentucky is the atmosphere. Everyone is very friendly and supportive of each other. There's always something happening, and everything is very clean. The campus is well designed, and facilities are always changing to accommodate the growing number of students. University activities are always fun, and it's great to participate in them and meet new people.

I wish I had known the value of asking for help. Whether it's financial aid or simply advising, there are many people around campus who were willing to help me, and I didn't take advantage of that. I'm now squeezing every penny to make ends meet, and it is completely my fault. I wish that I had been more willing to accept the help of the advising staff; their knowledge and assistance is priceless.

Noelle

My is school is home to me, with amazing people, great classes, and a wonderful campus.

Western Kentucky University is highly known for its Journalism program. Their program is one of the top in the nation. The program is known for its outstanding work and also the Mountain Workshops. Several students from this program have recieved many awards and recognition. Western's campus is also know for its beauty. Although it is a large campus it is a very clean campus with statues, gardens and beautiful buildings.

When I was in my senior year of high school I took everything so easy and in some ways I slacked off. I let my grades slip and GPA drop. I also did not take things such as the ACT very serious. I became a person that only wanted to sit at home instead of going out to games. I knew that I would be leaving my family soon and I dreaded it. When I arrived at school I had severe homesickness my first month of school that began to make me physically sick. If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school I would tell myself to enjoy the time I still had in high school before it's over. I would also tell myself to be serious! Not to slack off and think that everything is going to always be handed to me. I have learned that even thought it might be rough it is all worth. I would prove to myself that collge will be wonderful and that I will do great, as long as I keep up the hard work.

Lori

The first piece of advice I would give myself as a senior would be to start on scholarship applications as soon as possible. I waited until it seemed like all the deadlines to everything had already passed, making me feel trapped. Choosing a college is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. Take time to explore. Definitely schedule college visits to as many places as you think you might want to apply. You might not know what you want now, but you should feel confident that you're making the right choice about the college you're going to attend when your college search is over. Once you find out what you want to do, don't give up. Don't back down from an opportunity to follow your dreams because you think you can't afford it. If your really want it, find a way, because you can. Above everything else, get involved in the campus community and enjoy the experience. College is more than going to class. It's also about making a lasting social network and finding yourself; don't forget that and you'll be gold.

I wish I had known what other schools had to offer compared to Western. Keep your eyes open and don't limit your options for any reasons.

Someone who is serious about attending college, and has a pretty good idea of what they want to do after graduating should attend WKU. It's a very goal oriented school so knowing what you want is important. You should also be active and outgoing, because unless you know people at Western already, it can sometimes be hard to meet people, because it's a regional college.

Shayna

If I were to go back to highschool as a senior, I would definitely have tried harder in school. I would have gone the extra miles and been more enthusiastic about learning. It's a shame to think I wasted those years when I could have been making myself academically intelligent.

Most of the teachers I've had are the greatest. It's a unfortunate draw to get a teacher who isn't really into the students. I've never had a bad run in wth another student and they all seem to be good kids. It's not a bad school for a little town. We have great school spirit even though our football team is terrible and our science and journalism programs are the best!!!! :) :)

Construction is extremely common at WKU. The institution has a knack to make itself bigger an better than before and that has pros and cons. Tip: Parking is awful all the time, especially for communting students. So go to class early.

Abby

Along with their extrordinary broadcasting and photojournalism programs, Western Kentucky University is also known for its school pride. Students, teachers, and staff are so involved in WKU sports, clubs, intermurals, and arts. You see red towels, a major WKU symbol, flying everywhere. Each student is given one at orientation, and most students hang them up in their dorms and bring them to all the games etc. My high school was very proud, and not much seemed to change when I ventured into WKU.

Because I had to complete a large service project senior year, I hardly focused on college selection. I would tell myself to spend less time trying to get an "A" and more time figuring out which college fit me best. I heard about a full scholarship offered by WKU that I knew I could get with my ACT score and GPA, so I visited once and decided to go there. After spending a semester there, I realized it's not the place for me. I am still giving WKU another shot spring semester, but I would prefer to attend the University of Louisville. In order for this to happen however, I need another scholarship, though. I wish I had looked into my options more as a senior. Now I am stuck trying to find a way to finance college at UofL because I was too worried about grades when college mattered most.

I wish someone had told me the importance of reaching out of your comfort zone. I didn't know many people at WKU, so I hardly ever ventured out of my dorm room. As a result of this, I mae few friends and didn't fully experience my first semester of college. I didn't attend as many school events as I would have liked, either, so I didn't understand how much school pride exists on campus.

Delila

If I could return to my senior year in high school, I would have a few things to say. Number one thing would be more importance on my education. I would be better prepared for college. Second thing would be to list to my parents more. Most seniors think parents are trying to control their lives. I now know they were trying to guide me. Plus, save money while working. You need it during for college...............................................................................................................................................Thank You Delila P.

Jordan

If I were given the opportunity to go back in time and offer some insight into what the next two years of my life would hold regarding the college life would be quite an extraordinary advantage that I would definitely like seize. The first thing that I would tell myself is that it is critical to manage my time wisely. I would tell myself to stay home and study rather than going out with friends. I would tell myself to finish all of the projects that I am given early in the semester so that I can use the last part of the semester to just study the material harder without having distractions and deadlines to hold me back. I would also tell myself to not miss any classes or lectures because it does in fact affect your memory of the material. I would also preach to my past-self the importance of listening and good note taking as well as reading the entire assigned chapters in my textbook. The last things that I would tell myself would be to choose roommates and friends wisely, and quite possibly the most important advice would be to maintain your values despite scrutiny.

I consider the emphasis that my school has on mathematics and sciences to be the best characteristic about it. As a soon to be secondary mathematics teacher, I appreciate what the school has done, financially to help out the department. I also consider the distinguished professors to be another of the greatest qualities about my school. Western Kentucky University is fortunate to have acquired such brilliant minds to help enlighten it's students.

Upon coming to this school, I wish that I had been better prepared to study hard and be more disciplined as a student. As an incoming freshmen, I was often lured into skipping my homework to go out with friends or some other activity. As I matured, it became clear to me that I had to devote more time to studying in order to maintain good grades and more importantly learn information that will be useful to m in my career.

Victoria

Western Kentucky University is highly known for there jounalism and broadcasting program. That is not all they are known for though, they have a highly respected agriculture program along with many other programs.

I would tell my high school senior self, to not get stressed out. While it is a new school and new group of people it is the same schedule as before, go to class, come back, and do homework. I would also say do not get in with the wrong people, keep your focus on school and not on partying and having fun, while you can have in college don't become a partier and stray from the goal. Go into college with an open mind, don't go in saying you are going to hate it and that this is the worse idea you have had. Even if you are scared and nervous at first you will shake that off and enjoy it. College is meant to be a learning experience, so learn from it!

Western Kentucky University is a highly respected school but it is also known as a party school, I feel that, that is a very annoying part of my school. While I am studying I here people running down the halls yelling and screaming being very intoxicated.

taniqua

my classmates are determine to reach there goals.

my classmates are determine to reach there goals.

I am back in time as a high school senior. The most important thing to tell myself is to make sure i take the act test again so that i won't have to be in foundation classes. Another thing that i would also tell myself is that when picking out colleges to make sure that i am going somewhere where all my friends are going. i would tell myseif to do scholarships so that i will not have to take out all these loans, when yoou know you cant get finical aid. remember that if you work hard and stay focused in high school then you can go to college and focus even harder. I will also tell myself to keep my grades up so that i can get kees money and scholarships because college is not cheap at all. After everything that i have told myself i have to remember that at college you can have fun after you have done all your work. Work first play later.

the kind of person that should not attend this college is a person who does not want to work hard, and just wants to party.

Joseph

I would advise myself to do a lot more research about the university I want to attend and taking the necessary steps, such as investigating financial aids avenues and deciding on the appropriate major. It took me going to two different schools before realizing that I belonged at Western Kentucky University. As a senior, I assumed that everthing would work itself out and I procrastinated on taking the the necessary steps in order to prepare for college. I now the see the importance of planning ahead and I am now taking the necessary steps in finding a career after college or possibly attending graduate school. Therefore, the best advice I could give myself as a high-school senior would be to find yourself and don't assume that there is ample to time to decide your future.

Western Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.