Bowling Green, KY
Western Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Kentucky University

Anthony

Whats unique about my school, is the emphasis put into the career management center. My school guarentees its students an internship. Through the career management center, students are able to find employers all over the country.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to take college more seriously. I would make myself write out a list of goals and achievments that I want to accomplish while in college. I would plan out my major as well as my minor and made sure I knew what I was getting myself into. I would also tell myself to apply to more grants and scholarships. But most importantly, I would tell myself to come up with a study plan and stick to it.

The best thing about my school is it's diverse environment. This school allows you to meet and interact with other students from all over the world. Its fun to learn more about other cultures other than your own.

Aly

As a high schooler, you hear a lot of scary myths about college. Such things as, "College professors don't care whether or not you show up" or "Don't expect college to be anything like high school, you have to work hard." Okay, so maybe those aren't exactly myths, but they may be hyped up just a bit. In high school, I knew to take harder than normal classes, not only to challenge me, but to prepare me for what lies ahead in college. These harder classes taught me how to study and how to prepare for tests, an issue most college students struggle with. So, the transition from high school to college was not as hard as I expected it to be. The one thing that I did not do so well with was attendance. In high school, it was so easy to skip out on class and not worry about what you missed. In college, that's not such a wise idea. But, I have learned my lesson and now know what I need to work on in my college career.

I think the best thing about WKU is probably the class sizes. Like in high school, your class size is probably about 30:1 ratio. This makes it a whole lot easier to relate to other classmates and to the professors. It also makes it more comfortable to ask questions if you don't understand. The professors at Western Kentucky University want you to succeed. And they are willing to do all that they can do to make that happen.

There isn't one person out there that isn't right for Western Kentucky University. Western Kentucky University is a good school for everyone.

Chris

My classmates are dedicated, intelligent, and know how to have a good time. They realize that our social lives and our studies need to be in complete balance so we don't mess up our opportunity on a great education. My classmates already know how to handle college-type situations because it was practiced in their high schools. They realize that they are here to get an education, but also to have a blast while you're at it.

I would tell myself to not be so nervous and just to be yourself. That everything is going to be okay and not to fret and worry about all the things I worried about before walking on to the college campus. I would clap my hand on his shoulder and tell him that everything you prepared yourself for works out perfectly in college.. That being independent is a huge benefit in college because those first couple days is when it hits you that you're on your own. There's no going to Dad or Mom anymore. I would tell myself to watch our for those cute, but sly girls and be careful about those frat parties because they draw you in easily. As far as academics go, I would tell myself that high school teachers did not lie. Professors do not care if you are present, late, or don't ever come to class at all and it can be tremendously easy to skip class. Then I would also tell myself that as long as I remember why I'm going to school and etch it into my head that college is going to be the best experience ever.

Extreme procrastinators and people with no substantial amount of work ethic should not attend this school. The curriculum, teachers, and even students mean business when it comes to education and Western Kentucky University is very quick to test your purpose at the school. People who try to focus mainly on their social life will have a rude awakening if they plan to attend this university. It is an excellent place to receive an education, but it is not a game.

Angel

If I could go back and talk to myself about school, I would definitely encourage myself to be apart of as much activity during highschool as I could because once you get out it is a completely different world. I would tell myself to not be afraid, that I am strong enough to achieve my dreams fro education. I would also tell myself that I deserve the best even though I came from a very poor background in the projects. Every one deserves a hand up and to take a chance to get what is available for me. Don't give up I am worth it!

The worst thing is that it is on a hill and very steap to walk up. Hard on the knees.

I think this school is good for all types of people.

Madelyn

Our school is best known as being an up and coming player in the academic arena in a state where the focus of education has been lost. Western is establishing itself as a major player in quality education.

If I could go back and talk to my 17 year old self, I would stress the importance of setting goals and sticking to those goals. I would break that down into short and long term goals and stress the importance of finding out what is expected of me (by reviewing all class materials and asking the instructors) and making sure I strive to effectively meet those expectations. I would also tell myself that excellence in doing something right is it's own reward. Lastly, I would tell myself to prioritize my obligations and make sure I'm aware of my priorities and that I should place importance on the right things and avoid the wrong things (like partying or not taking my studies seriously).

I wish I had known what a quality organization this school is and how easy the staff makes the process of applying and navigating through the process of getting an education.

Kiley

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would keep telling myself to keep up the hard work and to not give up. During high school I was a good student, but had a hard time studying. There were a lot of times that I just wanted to give up and I heard myself saying a lot "Oh I don't care about this test. If I fail one test it won't hurt my grade that bad and I can do better on the next test". I would love to go back and redo my junior year of high school when I would think like this. I have learned from that experience to never give up and to keep working no matter how hard the subject is. It will almost always pay off in the end. Overall, most importantly I have learned to believe in myself.

Anyone! Western Kentucky University is a place where anybody can fit in. Everyone is so welcoming, caring, loving, and just enjoys being a student there. Even though I have many friends that have transferred, not one of them has said it was being they disliked Western, but because of wanting to be closer to home. Overall, Western is an awesome school because of all the clubs, intramurals, and sporting events they have around campus year round. No matter what kind of person or student you are, Western is always there to welcome you in with open arms.

Shelby

I would tell myself that I do not need everything everyone else has. Also to not go in debt like I did and be smarter then I was. I would also want to remind myself to take college more seriously and not stay out of school for almost 2 years, when I could almost be finished. Its okay to need help and ask for help andn ot get caught up in being lazy.

I like how the school is set up and how it is close to everything.

How I see so many people with bad grades get financial aid, but when you need help they do not want to help.

christion

i would have to say the same thing i said about my classmates.

i would have to say the same thing i said about my classmates.

adventure seekin with a spontaneous incentive.

assuming i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior and i knew what i knew today about college,I would have to say; that each student will look for the worst but be surprised by the best. Each school is different just as well as each experience. As being anxious goes, every student will be just that and that is the norm. Once you picking a school and fill out the FASFA its a smooth ride to college town, so just sit back, relax and congradulate yourself! you deserve it. oh and you will fall in love with signlanguage!

Kaylissa

Breaking out of your comfort zone is the best thing when it comes to broadening your horizons. Attending college out-of-state is scary at first but definately worth the first week of tears. It will open many doors in your future, help you branch out, and allow you to become yet more independent! Many opportunites will become available when you work hard in school and help those around you. It's not what you know, but who you know that gets your foot in the door. Once your foot is in the door; you can then use your knowledge and thirst of knowledge to learn and teach.

The hands-on-experience associated with the Agriculture Department. We not only learn in the classroom but get to perform skills and see first-hand how to care for animals. Our near 800 acre university farm 4 miles from campus has allowed me the opportunity to work on the farm and go to school at the same time.

Best friends are not the best roommates. You may think it will be great living with your best friend, but you actually find out more about that person after you move in together.

Kirsten

Most of my classmates are semale nurses, whom I have know from previous work settings.

I would believe that it would be a lot easier attending college straight out of high school. Therefore my advice to myself, don't wait to long to get started with college, practice the English language more often, and learn everything you can while still in high school. Since the cultural is a lot different at home in comparison to the United States, I would also tell myself to become more familiar with the different lifestyles and ways of thinking within this country.

Western Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.