Bowling Green, KY
Western Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Kentucky University

logan

There will be good times, there will be bad times. There will be lots of fun, there will be lots of work. You'll make a lot of friends, but you'll also want to just be alone sometimes. Overall, the good outweighs the bad by a ton in the end. Have fun but remember to keep yourself focused with the end in mind.

Someone interested in getting a good education and enjoying the college experience.

Anna

The best place I could have gone, it feels like home from the start.

The best place I could have gone, it feels like home from the start.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to learn how to study and work hard now. It is much harder when you have to teach yourself to be motivated once you're in college. I would say to keep busy and learn how to manage your time and get a job so you have money to spend once you're gone. I would tell myself to treasure the time spent with friends and family because once you leave, things change. There is no going back to the way things used to be. Even though my college friends have become like family, it is still a relief to be able to come home.

I really can't think of anyone that shouldn't. There is quite a bit of diversity so everyone has somewhere that they would fit in.

Emma

Western Kentucky is extremely welcoming, diverse, and interactive.

Western Kentucky is extremely welcoming, diverse, and interactive.

Do not freak out, Emma, but you're going to go through so much in the next year and a half. You're going to go through rough patches but you'll get through it with the help of mom, dad, and all your friends. You're already very open-minded, but be prepared to have your head expanded even more. You're going to have so many different experiences and meet so many different people. Be accepting and kind to everyone you meet because you might need them later in life. Keep on doing your best and do not be afraid to take risks.

Any type of person can attend this school because there are so many opportunities for everyone.

Scott

Life is going to get a lot harder, but stick it out and you will reap the benefits

I wish I had known how hard it would be to choose a major. When time is not on your side, you really have to choose something fast and I wish I knew what I wanted to do before going to college.

The most frustrating things about my school is juggling sports and school work. It is very hard and time consuming. Sometimes I just want time to myself but find it hard when I play a sport.

Matt

The quality of professor and lecture you get at WKU is a complete joke. Don't go to school here. They keep really bad professors, and the good professors leave because they don't pay enough - and they attract bad professors because of their mediocre salaries. While college life is important, if you have really bad professors, they can mess up your GPA and cause you a ton of stress - especially if you NEED to learn something for your future career. There is no school pride at WKU. Half the students walk around with UK shirts on - and why shouldn't they? There is no culture on this campus. There is only one campus restaurant outside of the cafeteria. There are limited social gatherings other than parties. The athletic events are horrible. The football team is embarrassing and there are no student tickets to watch the basketball games. It's an embarrassing situation that nobody wants to really be a part of. WKU is a boring university, but they don't even have the good quality professors overall to back it up. Take the tens of thousands of dollars you will invest in your education and go to another university.

Student body is pretty normal. There isn't a lot of diversity. No school pride. Not the most fun university.

Professors are horrible. I have had some really good ones, but compared to UK (I transferred) they are nothing alike. Half of my professors wouldn't have lasted more than a semester at UK because the students would have complained about how bad the lectures were and the unfairness. Half the teachers just don't have any clue what they are doing - they don't listen to students and literally one is rumored to be literally crazy and on psychiatric drugs. WKU keeps really bad professors around. They really couldn't care less about the education they provide to the tuition payers of the university. All they care about is putting up new buildings to impress future applicants. Half of your classes will be a pain because the teachers are so terrible - and they will really mess with your GPA because you might unfairly get a D or C when you shouldn't have.

Athletic events are terrible. Good parties to go to, but that's it.

WKU's campus isn't very diverse at all.

If I could go back to my senior year of highschool and have a chat with myself, I'd have to just reassure myself. Being home schooled and not knowning anyone at WKU, I was a little more than hestitant about how i'd adjust to college life. Knowing what I know now, I'd have to let myself know just how much fun I'd have making friends, experiencing the diversity of the students, and becoming the person I'm supposed to be. Overall, I'd let myself know that everything will turn out a-ok!

People who are here to learn and have a good social life at the same time.

Leah

When it comes to advice that I would give to students about finding the right college, the first thing I would say is to figure out what's doable for them. I mean that both socially and financially; yes, it's good to take risks and place yourself in a more outgoing and somewhat uncomfortable situation, but don't jump too far too fast. Try to make a tie with someone else attending beforehand; technology and social networks can make this a lot easier. Financially, although you should want to attend the best college you possibly can, think about what you're paying for. A lot of times you're paying for the name or prestige of a certain university...unless a college has a particularly bad reputation, most are generally the same and offer a quality education and a good environement. As for parents, don't think that you're losing your child forever when they leave for college. In the long run, students are on breaks for a good deal of time during and between semesters, so you will still see them. All in all, college shouldn't be very scary or daunting for anyone, parents or students.

The best thing about Western Kentucky University would have to be how comfortable the community is. The transistion from living at home to living on campus is fairly easy considering how closely you'll bond with the people you meet and how easily accessible everything is. Leaving campus is never really necessary- it's like it's own little city, really, and everything you need is located convieniently. The quality of the classes and the teachers are good all around; Western doesn't especially excel in any field or lack in any. Everything is good all around.

Transitioning from living at home to living at Western isn't hard- people are there to make it easy for you. It's not nearly as scary or daunting as it may seem.

Evan

Our school spirit is something we take great pride in. It makes being at school so much better.

I found that it worked best to look into every aspect of a school. This prevents any unwanted surprises on orientation day. Simply my looking closer at some possible choices, I was able to eliminate some that weren't for me. Once you discover the college or university that is right for you, give it your all. I have found that getting involved in as many things as possible has made my college experience significantly rewarding.

There is something at this school for everyone. I would easily recommend WKU to any prospective sttudent.

Erin

Public universities or colleges are a better experience than private secondary education institution.

That this school has the best education program.

Derek

My theatre classmates were always more upbeat and contributed more in the classroom setting; my non-theatre classmates tended to be more quiet and reserved.

It is best known for it's Forensic Team and Journalism Department. We also have a mascot that no one quite knows what it is. It is a mixture between the Kool-Aid Man and a big red blob.

In order to find the right college, it is important that the student weighs the pros and cons with parental influence, but not so much that it becomes the parents' choice. Majors offered, financial packages, campus atmosphere, location, degree requirements, and friends are some of the more pivotal factors that go into choosing the right college and must be equally weighed. Parents should be keen to listening to their child and not pushing their alma mater on them if that is not where their passion is. In order to get the most out of the college experience, the student should try to step outside of their comfort zone. Hands down it will foster the most maturity and funt times This is a critical stepping stone in personal and social growth that will lead to the student down a path of diversity, self-discovery, probing intellectual curiosity, and advancement toward their career goal. Along the way, they will meet friends not always sharing a similar background, point of view, or political standpoint so instead of being exposed to a "tunnel vision" college, the student will experience a broad, well-rounded education and experience, utilizing the most of their collegiate experience.

Western Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.