Bowling Green, KY
Western Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Kentucky University

Chelsea

The school is close to home and offers a wonderful health care administration program.

I believe that finding the right college is determined by your personality. If you are someone who is laid back and somewhat of a family person, you want to find a college close to home that offers an inexpensive good quality education. If you are upbeat and like the big city life then you want to focus on larger universities or schools. It is important also to make sure they offer your program of choice. After that, look at the classes and ask others if possible. College experience is all in how you look at it. You need to be open minded and know that you are going to meet all kinds of people. Be open to that and be willing to learn as much as you can. College is one of the best times of your life so make the most of it and cherish every moment.

I'm not sure. Probably one who just wants to party and not really succeed in school. This is an academic school and you have to want it.

A very relaxing environment with great teachers who are willing to help you any way they can.

I believe that choosing the right college is based upon how well educated your professors are in your own field, as well as being in a safe learning environment. You want your professors to know what is best for you, and to challenge you as much as possible throughout your time in college. I think it is also important to be in a safe learning environment because this past semester our university went through a "gun scare" and we thought shots were fired on campus. It turns out that nothing happened, (which was a relief) but I felt assured that my university took care of the situation the best way possible to keep our commmunity safe. I believe it is also important to be involved in campus activities and to make great friends you will have for a lifetime. It makes the college experience so much more rewarding and memorable when you have great friends that are always there to experience it with you.

Having to be in so much debt because I am not able to afford college on my own or with my parent's help.

James

The school has a great Education and Nursing program. All of my friends who attended went on to have successfull careers. They are known for good sports programs. They are known for great teachers.

I researched and knew everything I wanted to know.

Margaret

Western Kentucky University has a very unique mascot. We are the Western Hilltoppers and our mascot is Big Red. He looks like a giant red blob but everyone loves him. We also gained some noteriaty in last years NCAA men's basketball tournament when Ty Rogers hit the last minute three point shot against Drake to win the first round. He just recently won the ESPY award for best clutch performance. We are also a noted Journalism school and have finished in the top eight for the past eight years.

Since the financial burden of school falls upon my shoulders it was very hard for me to look past the cost of school. I chose the college I attend simply because the price was in my budget. My recommendation would be to not be so concerned with the cost. I know it seems like a lot for an education, but go where you feel most at home. Go to the school that makes you the happiest and try not to think about the cost too much. Also if the cost does seem daunting, apply for as many scholarships as you can get your hands on. Don't think that if you don't fit every little criteria that they aren't worth applying for because they are. Every little bit counts in offsetting the cost of school.

I absolutely love the campus, everything about it. I love how close I live to my classes and the campus horticulture is gorgeous. I grew up around a very large college campus and hated it. Western's campus is just the right size. I really do like everything about the campus.

I would tell parents to make sure that when you are doing a campus tour that you feel as comfortable as possible. The more relaxed you and your child feel about the campus, its academics, social activities and job placement will make it an easier transition for both.

Our school spirit and the numerous organizations to get involved in.

Joshua

An academically challenging yet promising school. When I graduate from here, I feel confident that I have earned my degree and that it wasn't handed to me and also that I will quickly find a job within my field of study. The professors here most often care about the success of students within their class and many go beyond the scope of the class to assure success if the student needs it. The campus itself is beautiful and students here feel safe.

Definitely talk with financial aid to see what you can do as a student/parent to prepare for the academic year, get to know your professors and don't be afraid to seek help from your professors or tutors outside of the classroom. Every one of them is willing to go above and beyond what is asked of them to help assure your success. Don't take your education lightly. Make sure to attend all classes and get the most out of your education. Just because what you learn in the classroom doesn't apply to the degree you are working toward doesn't mean that it doesn't apply to general life.

It is a quality school with a drive for excellence. The academic studies here are great and the professors in the school are well qualified to teach. Each semester the school has students to fill out evaluations which truely help both the teachers and faculty at the college to succeed.

Jordan

My university is unique because it offers a wide variety of extracurricular activities. Activities range anywhere from tutoring to pep rallies to rugby games. Everybody can find a niche that they fit in. I haven't met a single person yet during my college experience that regrets choosing to come to Western Kentucky University.

The best advice that I could give to a prospective college student about finding the right college is to keep your options open. Apply to as many schools as you can, so that when its time to choose your school, you are not limited to one or two schools. And as far as making the most out of your college experience goes, stay involved. The people that don't enjoy college are the people that just sit around their dorm room all the time watching t.v. in their underwear. There is always plenty to get involved in, so find a niche that you belong in, and live your college experience up to the fullest.

The kind of person that should attend this school is an open minded one. Since we have such a large variety of ethnicities and cultures, a student here has to be able to accept people and get along with them no matter how different they look or act.

Darren

Very fun and out going.

Very fun and out going.

Visit the school and just pick the one you would want to spend 4 years at. Don't worry about reputation or money, just pick the one you like the best.

The worst thing about my school is the parking on campus. It is very hard to find a parking spot on campus.

Chris

We are a tightly knit group of individuals who want the most out of life.

We are a tightly knit group of individuals who want the most out of life.

Don't pick somewhere just because your friends do, pick a place that will the be the closest to suite what you want out of life.

Kelsey

Have fun, but be responsible. Don't do anything you'd be ashamed to tell your parents. You know, go to class, do your homework, study, make good grades. Take care of yourself physically and emotionally. Eat well, sleep well. Make new friends. Get involved. Do something you LOVE.

I wish I had known a little more about the girl I was rooming with. Both roommates I've had were difficult to live with because we were so different. Different schedules, different political beliefs, and very different social lives.

The most frustrating thing about my school, honestly, is the rule that you can only use four meal plans in a day. There are days, like Thanksgiving week, where I have meal plans for use for only two days, so I only get to use eight of them instead of all ten.

Western Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.