Bowling Green, KY
Western Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Kentucky University

Fixed  rate loan

Nikki

Western is a friendly university filled with caring professors and students who want to be there.

I would tell myself to actually put in time on scholarships and I would have wanted to take some other college level classes so I wouldnt have to take them this year and I could start my major classes early. Also I would have told myself that my best friend was going to walk away and I shouldnt have relied on her. Most important though, I would have put myself in a healthier routine so that when the time came, I would have a routine set so that trying to eat better in college wouldnt be so hard.

I think that western has a really good way of getting students aquainted with the clubs and communities on campus. It reallys fro students like me who are kind of scared to leave home.

Zachary

It is away from home and has a beautiful campus.

It is away from home and has a beautiful campus.

I would say to take more time to study and get acquainted with school and the work load and spend less time with friends and socializing.

I don't feel like I learn here-that the professors are teaching to a test and not to their students' needs.

Andrew

My university is a medium sized campus.

My university is a medium sized campus.

Dear Andrew, There will be hard times in your life and overwhelming odds. The transition to college will be one of your most struggling events in your life. Know that education is very important to our family. Our great grand parents and grandparents never went to college. The key for a better education is through college. Focus on what is important to you and be true to yourself. In Star Trek: II the Wrath of Khan, Captain Kirk said, "I don't believe in the no-win scenario." He believed in not giving up even through tough times and against all odds. Strive to get that Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Technology and remember there are no-win scenarios. College will be tough and a different life experience. Therefore I will tell you to never give up. Take care and see you in the future. Sincerely your future self Andrew

I consider the best thing about my campus is the environment.

Haley

Western Kentucky University is a school of excellence and tradition. Students who make the most of their time spent in this college will graduate with many opprtunities. The tight bond the alumni and recently graduated students have here is a great one. Job opportunities, advice, and support are endless to the graduating classes that go through each year. The best thing about it is that as each year passes the bond with the students, staff, and school spirit is one that doesn't fade away with time. Support and pride are both traits that will forever represent WKU.

This is a writing assignment that I really wish I was able to do. Many say that high school doesn't matter as much as college. I say they are extremely wrong! High school is the greatest experience because it offers so many options to get involveed in your school and realize how you can help your community and make a difference in your school. This is an opportunity that I did take advantage of and that I am very proud of myself for taking action in. I participated in volunteer organizaitions like special olympics, clothing drives for low income families, and peer tutoring at a low income elementary school. These things taught me how I can benefit and devleop into a better person by helping others. One thing I wish I could tell myself before I started high school though, is to contribute every last effort into my school work. Now I know that the harder one works, and the better ones grades are, the more opportuinty and financial aid can be provided in college. I have found it very hard to collect all the aid I need to pay for college. My dream is to succeed, grades help!

The type of person that I believe should not attend Western Kentucky University is someone who is not dedicated to their school work and overall, their future. As I go into college, I realize the kind of hard work and concentration that I will have to contribute to my next 4 years in college. It may be a little overwhelming, but it all makes since when I put it into perspective of how it will reflect how I will live the rest of my life. The hard work I contribute now will only help me in my future.

Enjoy life now. Simple as that. Throughout high school I was very meticulous and was very concerned about doing everything perfectly. I never missed class, and always gave school one hundred percent. I was always determined to work hard, but it took a real toll on me sometimes. I was always exhausted and would be in bed by seven or eight at night. My senior year I began working as well which made receiving high grades even more difficult. I continued to strive for the Stars Scholarship which was the deciding factor as to whether or not I would attend college. If I graduated in the top fifteen percent of my class, I would receive the scholarship. If not, I would not have the money to attend. Later I learn, I did achieve this scholarship along with several other prestigious awards. I wish that I could tell myself to relax from my stressed out ways. Continue to work hard, but it all pays off. Every bit of it. I would never want to change anything I did so I would make sure that my high school self would stick with it! Every second is work it, so enjoy life now.

College opens up endless possibilities for the future. It enables you to explore careers, meet people, step out of your comfort zone, and grow as a person. At college, academics should be first priority. Place your course work above your social activities to achieve your goals and position yourself for a successful career. Use the resources on campus, like tutoring or study sessions to help with challenging courses. Try to work ahead whenever possible, which reduces stress and allows you to submit your best work. Campus life is also an important aspect of college. Explore campus organizations, attend special events, volunteer, and spend time with friends. You might even consider studying abroad to enhance your college experience. All of these opportunities help you develop as a person, so don’t be afraid take some risks. You may discover wonderful things you never knew about yourself. College life is certainly a balancing act, but the rewards help shape the rest of your life. Be diligent in school, but also allow yourself to fully experience campus life. As you immerse yourself in your studies and explore campus opportunities, you will become a capable, confident graduate, ready for amazing possibilities in your future.

To attend Western, a person needs to be willing to succeed. Western is about striving for excellence, doing the very best that you can. However, WKU also wants you to enjoy college life; the faculty and staff want you to get plugged in and make the most of the time you attend. Therefore, the kind of person that needs to attend WKU is someone who can balance school work and their personal life. College is about learning and preparing for the real world, but it's also a time for growing as a person. WKU allows opportunities for both.

Scheduling classes for the semester to come is really frustrating. For example, registering for upcoming fall semesters is difficult because incoming freshman get to schedule their classes before and during when current students register, which would be during the current spring semester. This causes classes to fill up really quickly, and it's hard to attain the classes that you need to stay on track to graduate. Registering takes a lot of planning to figure out what courses you can take and when. It gets even more stressful when the classes needed are full or not offered for that semester.

Chyron

The advice I would have given my former self is to apply myself more and take every oppurtunity you could to better yourself for your community and your own future.

The vast amounts of ooppurtunities to learn and grow.

ChrisShanda

My classmates are helpful, funny, and smart.

My classmates are helpful, funny, and smart.

After knowing about how college life is and how to transition into college I wish I could go back in time as a high school senior to give myself some advice. The first thing I would advise myself is to save money for college. Saving money is a good idea because finding another job could take awhile, also college tuition is expensive. Another advice I would advise myself is search for more scholarships. This advice to me is very important because scholarships can help lower the amount of money used in student loans and will not put students in a lot of debt. My last advice I would tell myself is stay focus on school work and be prepared to work hard in college. College is harder than high school and should be taken serious. I believe my advice would have helped me in numerous ways. If I could I would go back in time and give myself the advice of college life I experienced.

The things I mostly brag about at my school are the food, the concerts, and being able to live on your own.

Melissa

If I could go back in time and give my highschool-self a pep-talk, I would tell myself to start volunteering from day 1 instead of waiting to be "settled in." In college, I have realized that I thoroughly enjoy serving others and giving back to the community. What I love best is making people laugh, and I would tell my highschool-self to smile at strangers from day 1, because smiling lets people know that you are a kind, friendly person. I believe that it is very important to be optimistic and I would tell my highschool-self to not wait for others to answer a question first in class. There is no need to wait until I am "comfortable" in the class to speak up. Instead, let your voice be heard from day 1 and don't be afraid to say something that might be considered controversial, because that is how to provoke intelligent, thought-provoking discussions. In conclusion, I would tell myself to just be me and heed the wise words of Dr. Seuss, "Be who you are, say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind."

I wish I had known that although they said that it is easy to get scholarships, in reality it is highly-competitive and cut-throat to receive money from this university. Also, I wish I had known that almost every weekend, most students go home so the campus is somehwat dead. I have adjusted to the lack of business during the weekend, but it was not what I had expected.

Currently the worst thing about my school is all of the major construcion that is going on now. Often times on a Saturday morning, I will wake up the the sound of jackhammers at 6am, and other times during class, students are bothered by the loud noises of construction. Additionally, due to the construction there is less food options which is also a negative.

Western Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.