Western Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Western Kentucky University

I think Master Plan is something that is very unique to WKU's campus. It is a week long oreintation where Freshman move on campus the week prior to starting. It ia a great time to meet new friends and get aquainted to campus before everyone else moves into the dorms. Another things is the Academic Advising and Retention Center which proides a myriad of academic services to any student for free. Services includes counseling, test prep, tutoring, study hours, computer labs and much much more! Currently, it is a program other universities are looking to imitate.

When you are at WKU, you feel at home away from home. The campus is absolutely beautiful, what campus do you know, that's built on top of a hill? Students are die hard fans in all sports, there is never a dull moment here. Our mascot is a big red blob, and he is awesome. My dorm looks like a hotel room, and I have my owm bathroom. There is no freshmen 15 at WKU, when you have to walk up and down the hill everyday! I absolutely love, that i deceded to come to WKU!

I feel that Western Kentucky University is unique because they have many branches of the institution across the state so that people who want to stay home but go to college can. This also allows for a cheaper education because if you do not attend main campus all you have to do is pay for tuition and books which can save a lot of money. The main campus in bowling green introduces you to a new but enjoyable lifestyle.

I think the most unique thing about our school would have to be our mascot. The reason I chose this is because people who dont go to our school are like, "what is your mascot" or "he looks like a red blob," and you have to tell them thats big red and he is a hill and I LOVE ME BIG RED! Also, we our campus is on a hill so you have to walk up a big hill everyday so great opportunity for good calf muscles. :)

The professors on my campus are unique they have a good attitude and they will help you when you are struggling to grasp a concept. Also, within the department of geology they offer a class that teaches you the analytical techniques of geology, this class unique because it?s not offered at any of the other schools I applied such as SMU.

My university is unique because it offers a wide variety of extracurricular activities. Activities range anywhere from tutoring to pep rallies to rugby games. Everybody can find a niche that they fit in. I haven't met a single person yet during my college experience that regrets choosing to come to Western Kentucky University.

The best part about Western Kentucky University is how diverse it is. No matter what you're into, believe in, or want to petition against, there's always someone else that can relate to you is some way. There is so much culture and difference that only completely ignorant people can avoid learning something new every day.

Western Kentucky University is unique because the mascot is a hilltopper and because school spirit is a major part of the university. Being involved in the school comes with showing school spirit and loving the campus that you are a part of. We have a beautiful campus that is close-knit and enjoyable to walk.

I originally chose WKU because their photojournalism program was one of the best in the country. and that was my intended major. It was also close to home and not far away from a major city (Nashville). I knew I would be accepted, and thought I would get a decent financial package.

The unique thing at this school is that it is very diverse and I'm not use to seeing so many foreign people. I have learned that so many people are from different states or from over seas and they decide to come here to Kentucky and go to college and further their education.