Western Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Western Kentucky University

Although I didn't consider other schools because of my situation, WKU is unique because of its friendliness. WKU's teachers and students are all some of the most friendliest people you could ever meet. Everyone is eager to help and encourage, no matter your situation.

My choice of attending Western Kentucky University was mostly made by my wish to study abroad. Western has an amazing program and I am already attending colleges across the globe. I love it. Other schools had study abroad programs but no where near as extensive as WKU.

Personally, I love the tons of organizational opportunities. If you come to WKU, it's almost guaranteed you will find a club or student organization that interests you. There are so many opportunities for students to become involved on campus.

Whats unique about my school, is the emphasis put into the career management center. My school guarentees its students an internship. Through the career management center, students are able to find employers all over the country.

It wasn't too far from home, nor too close. It's diverse, and offers many majors, and has an awesome campus. It stood out because of all the activities that goes on and the opportunites they have for students.

I think there's a small-town feel about the school that makes it really feel friendly and comfortable. There are a ton of non-traditional students, too, which makes the campus even more diverse.

My school isn't based in a large city so it seems to be more personal. The campus and buildings aren't spread out over a downtown area, they are all together.

Most unfriendly to students. Poor places to park, no places to eat on campus Friday and Sat after 5pm. No sunday breakfast until after 12:00.

The attention the faculty give to their students, as well as the tutoring and help available. Also, the dining status is phenomenal.

It has the best housing in the state, for a public university, and it has a pretty good pre-med program as well.