Western Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Western Kentucky University

I consider the worst aspect of our school to easily be parking. The atmosphere of Western is not easily passed up and while our enrollment is not huge, it is increasing. Being that the town is somewhat small and campus even smaller, it becomes hard to accomodate all new students, whether they be incoming freshmen, international students, transfers or commuters. I think that re-evaluating the parking system is a must. However, I also think that when a new system is put into play it needs to be as enviormentally safe as possible without destroying acres of land with concrete.

The worst thing that I consider about my school is the incapability of the staff to help students decide on a major. I have attended WKU for two consecutive years now and I don't feel that I'm much closer to choosing a major than I was when I originally enrolled. I've pretty much completed most of my general education classes and am now running out of courses to choose from and have been told to basically just pick a major and if you find that you don't like it, continue picking others.

Western Kentucky University's 94% acceptance rate unfortunately leads to many students who do not truly care about receiving an education. Often this does not interfere with the academics of the serious student, but there are times when it does have an effect. Group work is always a problem if you are placed with students who are not motivated. Also, some professors are forced to lower the level that their classes are taught at to accomodate less academically driven students.

While this question seems basic, I find it very difficult to answer. I have only lived on campus for a few weeks now, but I have yet to find something that I truly hate about this school. I guess for me personally, the worst thing about going here is being a freshman. Being at the bottom of the food chain again isn't the best, but it is in no means horrible. Many uppserclassmen have been very accepting of us so I really don't have any complaints!

Currently the worst thing about my school is all of the major construcion that is going on now. Often times on a Saturday morning, I will wake up the the sound of jackhammers at 6am, and other times during class, students are bothered by the loud noises of construction. Additionally, due to the construction there is less food options which is also a negative.

I feel as if our President of the university doesn't care about the students. He only cares about his image and what he will be remembered for doing, even if it spending all of the money on statues and renovating buildings that don't need it. We need that money to pay professors so that enough courses can be offered for the students.

Of the few dislikes I have about Western, the amount of money it costs me is the worst. I am an in state student and my tuition is maybe $1000 short of my friend's out-of-state tuition. I had to take out a $3000 student loan to cover this year, and I have no clue how much tuition will go up by next fall.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the limited funding available to students for financial aid. The unfriendly nature of people in general is also something I do not like. I absolutely love Western Kentucky University! I don't have many things that I do not like about this school.

Parking is inconvenient for anybody that lives on campus. The current dorm that I live in is in the middle of campus with no close parking area. I have to walk almost half a mile just to park my car. Most of the time students will leave their vehicles and go nowhere until the weekend comes.

There is a real lack of intellectualism on campus. My biggest disappointment freshman year was that many of my classmates were content to caost through class and drink themselves silly on weekends. I yearned for more academic stimulation, but was unable to find it in most of my classes.