Western Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Western Kentucky University

WKU Hilltoppers is a community type setting, with plenty to do. The education that you will recieve , goes above and beyond . Classes are are small, the sky is the limit for learning. There are numerous extracurricular activities to occupy your time. There are many clubs and orginizations to join, or just to attend public activities. WKU has excellent sports programs for males and females . The library and tutors are always there for you. Every person I have had contact with, from Admissions, Financial Aid, and Housing personel has been very professional and informative. Thirsty for knowledgem quench it with WKU..

To attend Western, a person needs to be willing to succeed. Western is about striving for excellence, doing the very best that you can. However, WKU also wants you to enjoy college life; the faculty and staff want you to get plugged in and make the most of the time you attend. Therefore, the kind of person that needs to attend WKU is someone who can balance school work and their personal life. College is about learning and preparing for the real world, but it's also a time for growing as a person. WKU allows opportunities for both.

A person who can except and embrace living in a diverse environment. People from all over the globe attend Western Kentucky University, and there is a lot to learn and gain from meeting so many people that come from different cultures and backgrounds. I would also have to say, a person who enjoys excercising and physical fitness seeing as the whole campus is located on a hill. You get a workout everyday and meet new people from everywhere. Going to this school is by far a great place to learn and grow, academically, and socially.

Anybody and everybody should attend Western. The school prides itself on being diverse, but yet a close family. We are a big enough university to provide great opportunities, but we are small enough to provide a community you cannot find anywhere else. Just like our mascot, the Hilltopper, we are unique. If you are a person who wants to challenge yourself, meet others who are like you, and have your eyes open to a group of people different from you, Western is the perfect place.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who doesnt mind being surrounded by people constantly. Also, if they are coming to this school alone, they would probably need to be outgoing in order to meet people. Another thing is that the person would need to be active in the school. My school likes a lot of tstudent parcipitation. They would also need to be a person who can learn in a large class.

I think anyone who lives in the state of Kentucky looking for a public school should consider WKU. It is smaller than the University of Kentucky and University of Louisville, yet offers just as much. Bowling Green is a very nice city and not nearly as crowded as Louisville or Lexington so getting around is a lot easier. The campus is also very nice with a good sense of "Community" rather than "City".

Someone who is serious about attending college, and has a pretty good idea of what they want to do after graduating should attend WKU. It's a very goal oriented school so knowing what you want is important. You should also be active and outgoing, because unless you know people at Western already, it can sometimes be hard to meet people, because it's a regional college.

Anybody should attend WKU. If you have big dreams and want to do something in your life to better yourself and others than Western is the best way to go. You get the chance to meet your lifelong friends in college and I would never ask for anything else. I met my husband in college and it was probably the best years of my life.

The type of person that should attend this school is someone who is focus and is ready to make something happen in their life. This school is for someone who still loves home but at the same time is ready to make new friends and have a good time, all the while getting to know who they are and what kind of life they want.

The kind of person that should attend this school is an open minded one. Since we have such a large variety of ethnicities and cultures, a student here has to be able to accept people and get along with them no matter how different they look or act.