Western Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Western Kentucky University

I really wish I had known how to study , before I started attending Western kentucky University. In high school I was diagnosed with a chronic kidney disease. I was in and out of the doctors office and hospital and had to be put on home bound because I was missing too many days of school. I therefore had to teach myself throughout my sophmore and junior years. I worked very hard to accomplish my goals and graduated suma cum laude. I wish I had of known how to teach myself to study effectively for college.

Before I came to school I wish I had known to take seriously what you wanted to do for the rest of your life. I wish I had known how important it was to express yourself as a person. You really don't have to impress anybody in college. High school is a totally different story, you spend more time trying to impress and in college there are so many people who have never met you.It is such a wonderful experience. I wish I would have known not to be close-minded when it came to friendships.

I wish I had known a little bit more about the Honors College and the advantages of being apart of it. The Honors College is for students with a high GPA and well rounded with leadership, extra curricular activities, and volunteer work. It allows you to take harder classes to challenge yourself and also smaller to provide more personal time with professors. The College also opens the door to research opportunities and the possibility to study abroad in your undergraduate school.

I wish I had known how hard it was going to be to get any financial aid before I came to this school. It is really hard to keep up one's grades in one's classes when one has to constantly work to cover leftover tuition costs. It is really difficult to try and study and keep up with all the classwork when you have to work and go to school and balance all of the other life issues in between. Our school's motto is fill out the fafsa and try to find some scholarships if you can.

I wish I had known to apply super early for the school scholarships; I probably could have gotten more money. I also wish I had known more about the possibility of working on campus while I went to school so I could have off-set some of the costs. Finally, I wish I had known more about what kind of jobs (or lack thereof) my degree choice would get me. I chose a degree that does not have a lot of career options and if I had known that, I might have chosen a different degree.

I was always told the downsides to going to Western Kentucky University. Being a local, you hear these things day in and day out. But it's always one of those things that you never realize until you experience it for yourself. The parking situations on campus is terrible and you have to show up 30 minutes early just so you can search for a parking spot. While being a commuter saves money, the parking situation can sometimes cause you to miss class.

Upon coming to this school, I wish that I had been better prepared to study hard and be more disciplined as a student. As an incoming freshmen, I was often lured into skipping my homework to go out with friends or some other activity. As I matured, it became clear to me that I had to devote more time to studying in order to maintain good grades and more importantly learn information that will be useful to m in my career.

I wish I had known the value of asking for help. Whether it's financial aid or simply advising, there are many people around campus who were willing to help me, and I didn't take advantage of that. I'm now squeezing every penny to make ends meet, and it is completely my fault. I wish that I had been more willing to accept the help of the advising staff; their knowledge and assistance is priceless.

I wish i had known a little more about Kentucky and the smaller counties. I am from the north, Chicago in fact, and i didn't have a clue what people in small towns did for fun. Going home with a few friends from small towns i realized how much fun they had and how much fun i wasnt having being from a big city. I wihs i had known how much someone can learn and do in a smaller town or city.

I wish someone had told me the importance of reaching out of your comfort zone. I didn't know many people at WKU, so I hardly ever ventured out of my dorm room. As a result of this, I mae few friends and didn't fully experience my first semester of college. I didn't attend as many school events as I would have liked, either, so I didn't understand how much school pride exists on campus.