Western Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Western Kentucky University

If I could go back in time to my high school self, I would say that you can’t go back in time, and to live knowing that. Every day you spend in school and every weekend you spend wishing you didn’t have to go back on Monday morning are days that you won’t get again. I mean, sure college is great, and there’s not harm in looking forward to it. There is harm, though, in living in the future.

I wish I had known that although they said that it is easy to get scholarships, in reality it is highly-competitive and cut-throat to receive money from this university. Also, I wish I had known that almost every weekend, most students go home so the campus is somehwat dead. I have adjusted to the lack of business during the weekend, but it was not what I had expected.

Well I did all my college stuff on my own. I filled out all the fincial aid papers. Would have been nice to have someone there to just kind of tell me I was doing everything right or wrong. I'd say the most important thing that I wish I had known would probably be how important it is to make sure you get into smaller classes.

What I wanted to do before I came on campus. I changed my major 3 times before I really discovered what I wanted to do. It really had no effect as far as my academic plan goes because I will get out within 4 years, but it would have been much more helpful to have known what I wanted to do.

Before I came to this school I wish I had known that the school shared accredidation for engineering with the University of Kentucky. This makes me worried that a degree from this school would not be as useful as a degree from a fully accredited university.

I knew most of what i needed to know before I came to this school. They have answered all of my questions for me with the information they have provided me with. It was so simple when dealing with finanial aid and getting classes I wanted and needed.

To bring an umbrella! It rains quite often and I am from Kansas where it didn't rain all that much. There is no need to know much else because there is always someone there to help you and give assistance or advice if it is needed.

I wish I had known a little more about the girl I was rooming with. Both roommates I've had were difficult to live with because we were so different. Different schedules, different political beliefs, and very different social lives.

I wish I had known how helpful AP classes are in high school to prepare you for college, they also give you a fantastic head start. I also wish my high school had prepared me for taxes, budgets, and loans more than they had.

I wish I had known that it is very difficult to find a parking spot. It seems like they don't have enough parkings spots for the students (I'm sure they do but it's just very difficult to find a spot).