Western Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Western Kentucky University

The best thing about Western Kentucky University would have to be how comfortable the community is. The transistion from living at home to living on campus is fairly easy considering how closely you'll bond with the people you meet and how easily accessible everything is. Leaving campus is never really necessary- it's like it's own little city, really, and everything you need is located convieniently. The quality of the classes and the teachers are good all around; Western doesn't especially excel in any field or lack in any. Everything is good all around.

The amount of international students and learning oppurtunities. There is a large international program so there are many students from many different countries and many ways for students to go abroad. Because the area the school is in does not have a lot of diversity it is really nice that the school has taken steps to become more ethnically diverse and give the students more oppurtunities to interact with students from different countries, religions and walks of life.

I consider the emphasis that my school has on mathematics and sciences to be the best characteristic about it. As a soon to be secondary mathematics teacher, I appreciate what the school has done, financially to help out the department. I also consider the distinguished professors to be another of the greatest qualities about my school. Western Kentucky University is fortunate to have acquired such brilliant minds to help enlighten it's students.

The best thing about WKU is the courses offered. At WKU the faculty works cery hard to make sure you get what you pay for. Most classes are small, less then 40 people, and the professors really encorage questions and comments from students in class. If ever I have found myself struggling in a class, my professors are happy to meet with me one on one and are willing to spend an adequate amout of time with me to help me understand.

I think the best thing about WKU is probably the class sizes. Like in high school, your class size is probably about 30:1 ratio. This makes it a whole lot easier to relate to other classmates and to the professors. It also makes it more comfortable to ask questions if you don't understand. The professors at Western Kentucky University want you to succeed. And they are willing to do all that they can do to make that happen.

Western Kentucky offers an excellent atmosphere for students to meet other students. Western Kentucky also has a very high standard for education and this is extremely important when thinking about college. You do want to go to college to meet people and have fun but your number one goal is to receive a high quality education, this is exactly what you will receive at Western Kentucky.

The best part about Western Kentucky is the atmosphere. Everyone is very friendly and supportive of each other. There's always something happening, and everything is very clean. The campus is well designed, and facilities are always changing to accommodate the growing number of students. University activities are always fun, and it's great to participate in them and meet new people.

Most of the teachers I've had are the greatest. It's a unfortunate draw to get a teacher who isn't really into the students. I've never had a bad run in wth another student and they all seem to be good kids. It's not a bad school for a little town. We have great school spirit even though our football team is terrible and our science and journalism programs are the best!!!! :) :)

The best thing about Western Kentucky University is definitely the school spirit. Our motto is "The Spirit Makes The Master." Our mascot is the hilltopper, and by looking at the alumni you can tell that once you're a hilltopper, you're a hilltopper for life. The campus is like a small community of friends and peers all striving to meet the same goals... succeed and achieve.

The best thing about my school in my opinion would have to be the size of the school. It's not to big nor to small. It's just the right size. It's big enough for a student to get away from a roommate for awhile if needed. There are busses that take students all over campus, so we don't even have to walk, unless we want to.