Western Michigan University Top Questions

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Western Michigan University is ranked a top 100 public school in the nation with roughly 25,000 students attending. We have over 140 majors to choose from, ranging from aviation, engineering, exercise science, dance, biochemistry, paper engineering, athletic training, education, a phenomenal nursing program and coming soon pre med! We are a D1 school and are in the Mid American Conference (MAC) and our hockey team is nationally ranked. We are high on the charts for sustainability efforts, were recently mentioned in a case study for it. We will be getting a face lift come may/june with the addition of a student mall in the heart of campus. This change has been in the works since the 1970's when West Michigan Ave was closed off, uniting the north and south sides of main campus. We have the largest recreational weight room in all of the MAC located in our Student Recreation Center, and Miller Auditorium, which is the third largest auditorium in Michigan. Not to mention a gorgeous fountain located just outside and also named after our third president, James W. Miller. It holds 80,000 gallons of water and has 9 spouts within it, one for each college at WMU.