Western Michigan University

« See more reviews of Western Michigan University

Western Michigan University has it all--gorgeous campus, excellent academics, brilliant faculty, and great student services. The dorms are a blast!! Campus rec facilities rock, and staff in financial aid, career services, and the health center really help students succeed and have a fantastic college experience. Beyond these great assets, the students are what make WMU unique. WMU is a major research university, but the students build a super friendly and close-knit community. Whether you're walking across campus, sitting in class, hanging out in the union, or cheering on the Broncos--everywhere you go you'll have friends.

Western Michigan University opens their campus to students of many different nationalities and tallents. As a part of the Dance Department at Western, I have gotten the oppertunity to meet many people and expand my horizons as an artist and performer. Western also provides the classes I need to take in order to continue my education. One day I hope to become a Physical Therapist, helping others has alays been my dream. With the dance education I will have recieved and the rest of my Physical Therapy training ahead of me, I hope to change the lives of people everywhere!

Something that is unique about Western Michigan University is that it is very diverse. There are students from all over the world from Afganistan to the Dominican Republic. At school there is an International Festival held every year. This festival includes a host of food, fun, and games from over twelve different countries. Each station at the festival has a table where you can go view poster boards, pictures, and sometimes video footage of each country that is avaliable. Its a great way for people to learn something from another culture.

Western Michigan University has a seperate compus strictly for Engineering. This campus is state of the art and is far more advanced than the other college campus' I visited. The enginering campus programs is one of the 11 areas designated by the state as a Michigan SmartZone for economic development. I am a baseball player and WMU recruited me to play on their baseball team as a pitcher. They had an excellent campus security set up and the food here is fantastic! I like the area of the city the campus is located in.

The campus is the perfect size for me, not too bit, not too small. There are a lot of trees and grassy areas to sit and hang out and also a pond and park area. The campus is well maintained and beautiful in the summer time with fountains and flowers everywhere. It just really caught my attention when I came for a visit in the summer time. Everything on campus is about a 15-20 min walk from anywhere else and there are several stores in close proximity as well as some resturants located on and off campus.

Western has an AMAZING library. It is three stories with a basement, and VERY accommodating for study purposes. The buildings are also very unique, with each one different from the others and dedicated to a special alumni. During the orientation program, you also find out many random, fun facts about Western as well that I find stand out from other universities. Lastly, I am from a small town, so outside of Western there are a lot of things to offer in Kalamazoo. Everything is at my fingertips.

Western use to be cool, now the people suck. any cool girl has a boy friend, all the dude are douce bags and people aren't friendly anymore, not like when i started in 2002. i wouldn't recomend going to this school if you could go somewhere else that isn't worse, but i guess thats the obvoius. in michigan i'd say for maximum fun and education i would go to MSU first then U of M then WMU then maybe grand valley. your welcome for typing this much.

Western Michigan is one of the only school's in Michigan that offers some programs in it's business college. For example, Advertising and Promotion, as compared to Michigan, and Michigan state that offer these programs in their communications college . Thisg gives Western a bit of an advantage and incentive for students who are seeking a career path in Advertising an edge, because of have a buisness degree andf background.

Western Michigan University is a great school surrounded by a great city. Not only are the class sizes perfect the campus is absolutley beautiful. I love walking to class and seeing the beautiful waterfalls and statues. Not only that, all buildings are in the same area so you don't have to walk a million miles to get to class. The city of Kalamazoo is beautiful and has so many great building and things to do!

My school is unique compared to the other one I chose because of a program it offered. It was an honor program for intelligent people, you had to go to the school earlier and compete to get it. You got to take special classes just for the honors' and would really help you out when looking for a job. I got accepted, although ended up not joining it.