Western Michigan University Top Questions

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Chris

Rip off for dog food.

There is food for everyone on Western's campus. Every dining hall specializes in something different, if it be mexican food, sub sandwiches or vegan and vegitarian meals. We also offer "Carry Out" which opens right after the dining halls close, usually around 8pm, at select dining halls and are open until midnight. You bring your own sac and sustainability mug, which are provided at orientation, and are used in order to increase our sustainability. Once there, you use one of your meals on your card and are able to get a whole bag full of food to last the hungry snacker all through the night! I think most of the food is good if not great and there are always new options. You can also find the monthly menu on line for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Tobias

WMU dining services are spread out throughout the campus, from full service buffet type cafeterias to snack services in various buildings throughout campus. Also if a meal plan was not included in your tuition and you are strapped for cash, the university as a program called dining dollars. http://www.wmich.edu/dining/diningdollars.html Students can use their bronco id and student account for dining dollar credits up to $250 a week. Also, parents can add value to the dining dollars account from a major credit card, which allows you $1000 a week. DINING HALLS Building Specialty Menu Bistro3 Five menu concepts Burnham Dining La Casa Mexicana Draper Carryout Carryout Express Hoekje/Bigelow The Marketplace Grill Valley I Dining Sub Shop Valley II Dining Stir-Fry Station Name Building Location Bella Vita Café College of Health and Human Services East Campus Bernhard Café Bernhard Center Main Campus Flossie's Café Sangren Hall Main Campus Parkview Café College of Engineering Parkview Campus Plaza Café Sprau Tower Main Campus Schneider Café Schneider Hall Haworth College of Business FOR STUDENTS WITH MEAL PLANS Bronco Gold – Our best value Most popular plan! Unlimited access to dining halls. Up to two Carryout sack lunch meals per day from any dining hall. Provides one Late-night Carryout meal per evening. (Late-night Carryout closed Friday and Saturday) Beginning balance of $50 in Dining Dollars each semester. Bronco Gold Plan is not available Summer I or Summer II. Bronco 20 meal Access to any dining hall or Carryout up to 20 times per week, Monday breakfast through Sunday Late-night Carryout. Beginning balance of $75 in Dining Dollars each semester. Bronco 20 meal plan is not available Summer I or Summer II. Bronco 15 meal Access to any dining hall or Carryout up to 15 times per week, Monday breakfast through Sunday Late-night Carryout. Beginning balance of $50 in Dining Dollars each semester. Bronco 10 meal Access to any dining hall or Carryout up to 10 times per week, Monday breakfast through Sunday Late-night Carryout. Beginning balance of $25 in Dining Dollars each semester.