Western Michigan University

« See more reviews of Western Michigan University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

One of the very strong stereotypes about WMU is that it is a party school. It is assumed that everyone who attends WMU only cares about partying and getting drunk. Yet another stereotype is that there is a large population of "easy" girls or "sluts" on campus and that they will also be involved with the partying scene. Last but not least, WMU is known for having the largest population of students with STD's in Michigan, which reflects upon the partying scene at WMU as well.

Party monsters. Everyone is a party monster. Western is called "Wastern". What does that tell you? We weren't put on Rolling Stone's Top 10 party schools because half the kids they interviewed couldn't remember going to the party the night before. We party harder than the Number One Party School.

The biggest stereotype is that WMU students all drink and party a lot..now i know we are all in college and that's the sterotypical "thing to do" but its very uncomfortable when you don't fall into that "typical" category. Not all WMU students drink and party!

I didn't know of any stereotypes about WMU or WMU students when I first started here in the fall. I think one that I have heard is that WMU is a party school? Other than that, I really don't know, since I am a out of state student

Party School Alcoholics Good Teaching Program Good Aviation Program Good Engineering Management Program Good Paper Engineering Program Increasingly better Engineering Program Big Campus/Small Campus feel Pretty Girls

WMU students participate in many parties. They work hard, but do not necessarily think of school as a top priority. Many do not participate fully in classes and do not do their homework.

That we are a huge party school. I've heard our school being called wastern because apparently every always parties here.

People call the school "wastern" instead of Western because of its association with intoxicated college students.

That it is a party school ("Wastern Michigan") and the only thing to do here is get drunk.

That all we do is party... and that we are the students who could not get into U of M.