Western Michigan University

« See more reviews of Western Michigan University

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Simply because it was the only school I visited and that was because the second I walked onto campus it felt just perfect...right where I wanted to be :D Not to mention, news of a new student mall right in the heart of campus was just released a few days ago and is said to be done by next fall!! HOW EXCITING!! A place for all students to lounge, read, spend time with a friend and listen to the water feature that the school is going to create!!

I attended Kalamazoo Valley Community College with the intent of transferring to Western Michigan University. After growing up most of my life in Kalamazoo it seemed only natural to set my sites on WMU since I already knew much about the campus, campus life, culture as well as the school itself and what it had to offer. Furthermore, the tuition was affordable as in-district student.

It was far enough away from home but still in Michigan. Kalamazoo is a cool town with a nice downtown area and a cool music and art scene while still having the college feel. The size is perfect because it's big but not so big it's overwhelming regarding amount of students and campus size.

I chose WMU because it was a good distance away from my home in Illinois, it was located in a big town/city, and the school had more than 20,000 students.

Geographical convenience, then I transferred two hours away.