Western Nevada College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Western Nevada College

Faith

Western Nevada College is a relatively good community college to attend. However, the quality of instruction varies with the professors, many of which do not have teaching degrees, making it difficult to learn from them. The professors and staff do not seem to communicate well, and many professors believe that students taking online classes need to be given an exorbitant amount of work compared to students who are able to attend class in person. There are not many classes available at the Douglas campus, and finding information about academics and concerns has proven difficult with incompetent workers and a school website that is not user-friendly.

Naidelyn

Western Nevada College is full of people that will help you in any way possible and offer support in academics and even personal issues. They have plenty flexible schedules as well. Although there are some teachers that do not help in the way that they are needed to. This affects the students ability to learn and pass the class.

Sierra

Overall i feel that Western Nevada College is a good starting point in my college career. I feel that it is perfect for 2-4 year curriculum courses and sets you up for higher education down the road. Western Nevada College has a wonderful teaching staff and the course catalog is very diverse and well rounded to suit a vast majority of different degree programs. All in all this is a great starting college and I would recommend this college to anyone who wants to save money and begin their further education in Nevada.

Jonah

Its alright. Nice facilities for a community college.

Bradley

It is a great school with great teachers and great students. I wish that they had housing and offered more degrees and more classes. The classes are affordable and as long as you focus on your work you can pass them. It is a great college to go to to get a small degree, a certificate, or to do all your pre-requisite classes before transfering.

I enjoy this college quite a bit, and I appreciate the way it challenges me to learn in new ways. The only thing that I would change is that it is difficult to get involved with clubs and activities and such, as well as meeting new people regularly. However, it is an inexpensive way to start college, which is definitely good for the first few years of college.

Anayeli

Western Nevada College has a great environment, for students who want to pursue their education . It has affordable prices with the same education as an University. The class sizes are not very big which allows teacher and student help on a one on one basis. I would recommend it not anyone that is not too sure about pursuing and education.

Cristina

It is a great place to start before heading up to a University which can be very hard straight out of high school as well as it is a good place to start financially before university. Overall the college is sub-par, the factors that went into my opinion are the classes offered for current students, the experience of the full year I have been there, and that I also have other experience to compare it to.

Cierra

There are great teachers here and great class sizes. You get the education of a public university, but with smaller class sizes and professors that really care. There’s a cafe with decent food and the library has an online database which is very convenient.

Irene

THIS IS MY FRST YEAR I ATTEND AND IT WAS MY FIRST SEMESTER ASWELL. SO FAR IT HAS BEEN MEH! SOCIAL WORK TEACHER SHE WAS GREAT I ACTUALLY LEARNED ALOT...MY ENGLISH TEACHER WORST EXPERIENCE EVER SHE WOULD ALWAYS CANCEL CLASS LAST MINUTE JUST BECAUSE OF A MIGRAIN OR NOT SHOW UP JUST SEND US EMAIL AND BASICALLY TEACH OURSELF IT WAS A WASTE OF MY MONEY I MIGHT AS WELL HAVE TOOK ENGLISH CLASS ONLINE. BUT EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE SCHOOL ITS ALL RIGHT.

Diana

Western Nevada College is a great school for the rural counties. It offers a lot of Interactive and Lecture capture classes. It still doesn't have any dorms which I hope would change in the future for the students such as myself that lives further out. The teachers there are also very helpful and willingly helping students achieve their dreams.

Alana

Western Nevada College is one of the best JC in Nevada. Professors are always available to help you out, whether it is for their class or life. Students are well engaged in conversations during class and have a strong work ethic. Western Nevada College's main goal is to help you succeed, and they do a great job at that.

gabriela

Western Nevada College is a great school to attend. I have been to a few other colleges and I have not had the best experiences. With other colleges no one was ever available to answer my questions, and I was all on my own to figure things out. Unlike the other colleges I have attended, Western Nevada college has always been very helpful and has helped me through every process such as applying for classes.

David

At the present time, I have only attended online WNC classes, but that is enough to definitely conclude that WNC is a great community college! I plan to eventually move on to the University of Nevada-Reno, but this community college was a great place to start getting to know what college is really like: more rigorous academics, but enjoyable class content as well. I have visited the campus on a few occasions, and those few visits were very pleasant as well. If you want to kick off your college experience, then WNC is for you!

Kaitlin

I do jump start through the high school so I think it is great the professors come to the high school so that we can get college credits. I will be graduating high school with a year of college complete, which I have not been able to find at any other college.

Emma

Western Nevada College is great for people just starting their education or for people who can't afford big universities. Overall, it's been great for me as a jump-start student, but I don't plan to attend their after I graduate from high school. While there may not be a lot of clubs and social activities, the professors are great and the class sizes are relatively small which makes learning a lot easier and more enjoyable.

Christina

I really enjoy Western Nevada College. I switched from Truckee Meadows Community College for a fresh start and everyone is really friendly and always willing to help. I really like how knowledgable all the staff is from the counseling department to the financial aid office they are so nice! Whenever I have a question there is always someone there to answer it! My professors and fellow classmates are a pleasure to work with as everyone has a common goal. They are always there to help where needed.

Allie

I think that Western Nevada College is a great school. All of the teachers there are always there to help you whether or not it's 6 o'clock at night or 12 pm on the weekend. The teachers are super supportive and great at their jobs. The school is very nice as well. All of the buildings on campus are very nice!

SINDY

Everyone is very kind and helpful. So far the teachers are too, and I learn a lot that I can also apply to my own life. The campus is very beautiful as well and there are many opportunities for me to get help if I need it. I am able to get food and I have many resources. It’s a good college.

Lynda

Western Nevada College has been a great college experience, this college has a great education and really makes everybody feel involved no matter what. As a member of Latinx community, it is great to know that there is a group for latinxs in which we can feel involved with the community and safe space for us, and that cannot always be seen in other areas of secondary education. The professors have been a great experience, all of the professors I have ever had, have been passionate about their area of study, so it makes it really easy to enjoy and be an active participant in the classroom and also outside as well.