Western New Mexico University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Western New Mexico University

Cynthia

WNMU is a great school the academics are amazing!!!! Class sizes are perfect. You will definitely get to know your professors which is the best. However, the environment off campus is pretty boring if you're a city person. If you love the outdoors this place is truly for you!!!

Asia

I believe this is a wonderful university, it has great features! Although, it is complicated to get certain help when needed. You have access to all the learning material that a college student needs. The athletic groups are always a nice break from classes to go watch and cheer for our school.

Cooper

It's a very unique and extraordinary place filled with many extracurricular activities and events happening. Just like any college campus, life can be a blast and memorable if one take's part in the campus life, but it can equally be awful if an individual is a recluse and does not partake in socializing or activities. It has great class sizes and awesome faculty. The place is in a small town filled with culture and diversity.

Joshua

It’s a small school but that’s what makes it so great. Small classes means teachers actually know you and your not just a number.

Estrella

Western New Mexico University is located in a small town named Silver City, NM. Silver City is unique due to its history and agriculture within the area. The university itself is small and built into a hill making walks from class to class a workout. Class sizes range from 19 to 30 students max per class creating a welcoming environment and allowing a lot of student to teacher interaction. But New Mexico is a poor state so the cost has gon up and there is not a lot of opportunity for far scholarships.

Cynthia

As a small university, WNMU provides a more intimate college experience, which I appreciate. I don't think I would like being in a lecture class with 500 people. The ratio here is 1/20 or better, and my professors provide good one-on-one attention. The school has a good technical presence, and the online student connection is very useful. Because I am a non-traditional student, my studies are my priority. I really appreciate that WNMU provides such full access, with live in-person classes, satellite classes by closed circuit television connection, and online classes. Because I live an hour from the main campus, it is important I avail myself of all connections the university has for me. I am older (55), so I am a little out of the loop as far as the social scene here at WNMU, but I am making friends, and feel a part of my college community. It's a good school, in a small town, and perfect for me.

Payton

Western New Mexico University is a great school. Everyone is very friendly and there are plenty of activities to part take in. The instructors do everything they need to in order to help students succeed. Campus life is great it is a short walk from your dorm to campus.

nicole

ITS A SMALL BUT VERY AWESOME SCHOOL!!THE MOUNTAIN AND STREAMS ARE BEAUTIFUL AROUND THE SCHOOL. THE SHOPPING IS GREAT. YOU CAN GO HIKING OR FISHING IN 10 MINUTES .NATURE IS BOUNTIFUL HERE. THE CAMPUS IS SMALL AND EASY TO GET AROUNG BUT THE CLASSES ARE GREAT AND PROFESSORS ARE VERY HELPFUL.

Raquel

Is an amazing University

Tyra

I absolutely love it.

Western New Mexico University is filled with wonderful staffs and students that want to help you succeed in your college education. The professors are very helpful with school and outside of school questions or guidance. The scholarships are greatly encouraged to be applied to because the staff care about the students financial help. Although this school is relatively good, there are only a couple of clubs that you can sign up for. There are not many stores that surround the school and there is little entertainment in the city.