Monmouth, OR
Western Oregon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Oregon University

Michele

Your success in school is determined by your motivation and dedication. You will accomplish your dreams, goals, and ambitions if you put in the work, effot, and believe that anything is possible.

That you need to be in charge of your own pacing to graduate on time. Many advisors don't know about specialty programs and deadlines.

Tate

It offers lowest cost for a four year school, but still offers an excellent education for a wide variety of majors. Why spend thousands more, when you can earn a degree that is basically just as good? In the end, Western is cost effective and gives you great value for your buck.

Put in a more concerted effort to finding scholarships, even while in school. There is a lot of money on the table and creates a stressful school experience when you are not scrounging around for money and relying on only FAFSA as a backup. Learning is a lifelong process, as is earning and finding every dollar possible. Take advantage of opportunities whenever possible, as there are more than you think and keep striving to find to find as much as poosible. Leave no stone unturned.

Being in a place that is quiet and conducive to learning. While there are plenty of things to do around Western Oregon, the campus and town itself are nice and calm, creating less distractions. You to go distractions. But when you don't want distractions, stay at school, get your work done and then go play around the valley.

Charles

High school is a time for refinement. One should already have an idea of what’s important in life. That doesn’t mean one can’t deviate throughout life. However teenaged angst and woes should be quarantined inside one’s alma mater.Going into senior year I felt a firm grasp on my future. I knew I wanted to study history, yet I was still juvenile. I fancy that enough time has passed to criticize senior me. Knowing what I know now, I would give the blond senior three pieces of advice. First, I would advise to take my head out of the sand and do better in AP statistics. Looking back, I was only three points from getting college credit. Though the repercussions aren’t serious, I may need to retake statistics. Next, I would tell myself to pursue friendships with those I met in college. I often think, “Why weren’t we friends earlier?” Finally, I would tell myself not to change. I’m satisfied with where I am now. Although it would’ve been nice to have the knowledge I do now, I don’t believe there to be any serious ramifications; meaning I did everything right.

Vera

My school gives confidence of success and encourages the students to move forward.

Nothing is impossible. Establish your long term goal and move to it step by step. Do not give up on you dream if something is going wrong. If you need time, take the time, stop for a while, think, and plan how you can overcome temporary obstacles. You dream will come true if you are happy, motivated, organized, and direct your efforts to the most important changes in your life.

Due to Western Oregon University has a small campus, some classes are offered one time a year only.

Kimberly

Study skills will be essential when you start attending college. Strong study skills will help you pass exams without anxiety, help you retain information you have learned, and even decrease the amount of time spent on homework. Become comfortable with public speaking as most classes will require some form of a presentation. Learn to enunciate and project your voice, and be able to present your ideas clearly. Good writing skills are crucial not only for passing the required English Composition courses, but for the inevitable term papers, research papers, and essays on scholarship applications. Spelling, grammar, punctuation, and a wide vocabulary are very important. While study skills, writing skills, and public speaking will prepare you on an intellectual level, it is also important to be prepared on an emotional level. Believe in yourself and your ability to excel in college. Never, ever give up. Your college years are a time to have fun, but can also define your education and career path. Keep your grades and GPA as high as possible. Always aim for the "A" because you never know when that one "B" in a class will keep you from being selected for the program you desire to enter.

The most unique thing about Western is the older bulidings that my classes are held in. Not many other four year colleges have older looking bulidings that are so pretty.

If I needed anything from anyone before I met to college was advice, I am the only one out of my family to go to college and im hoping my brother and sisters follow in my foot steps. If I could go back and give myself advice I would have told myself to take more college credit classes so I could have furthered myself in college. I would also say have fun because the transition will be easy and making friends would be no problem. Also dont stress the little things only the big things!

The most frustrating thing about my school is them not getting information out to the students about certain activities or programs that the school has to offer to us as the students.

Olevia

Western Oregon University is a small school where a student can grow as an individual with a suppportive network.

Most students at Western Oregon University work hard to achieve there goals with open minds and accepting personalities.

In high school I thought I had college figured out since I had taken a few college courses. I had my future planned and was already stressing out over course loads. If I could go back I would tell myself to take a breathe and enjoy life as it happens. You don't need to figure out your whole life now because you never know if a class you take is going to make you see life in a new light. Learn from the people around because lessons don't just come from books and facts. You just stay focused on each day, get your work done and keep an open mind. You'll do fine, there will be mistakes but perfection is boring.

Danielle

The advice I would give myself would include not to be too worried about what everyone else thinks, take your time in figuring out where your passion lies, and what career field is right for you. Additionally, go to community college first all over again because it will save you thousands of dollars, work part-time, and save money when and where you can. Finally, get involved in clubs, organizations, and other activities as it is a fantastic way to meet new people just like you. Relax and enjoy the ride but rememder that excellent grades will pay off so keep up the hard work, scholarships are excellent rewards for your success!

The diversity of the students, the knowledge of the professors, and the overall education received here makes this university simply amazing.

Someone who wants to be close to home but not too close, make friends, work hard at school, and have fun. It's a really great school for almost every type of student, people here come from all different walks of life and that is part of what makes this university so interesting and progressive.

Kristina

If I had the opportunity to go back and talk to myself before I head off to college, I would tell myself to not worry about anything whatsoever. I was so scared of not fitting in, not finding anyone who would like me, not making friends and my classes be too hard to pass. I now know that everyone is searching to fit in and meet people who will like them for who they are. "Yes, classes are hard, but there are ways to overcome obstacles, like study groups, clubs and tutors. There will be times that you want to quit and give up all hope for a new and promising life, but being in a dorm, living miles and miles away from familiarity, makes you push through the hard times and make the good times the ones that will make a last forever. You will learn things you never knew and find people you never thought of living without. Things will change, but you will be more prepared than ever to continue your life and start over." If I could have told myself that I would believe it over everyone else, making me more ready for the real world.

The only thing that I personally dont like about this school is that there are people you will run into when walking to class. It would be better if the school was a little bigger, but not large like a state university, but large enough where you can constantly meet new people.

Only a person who is comfortable in a small town with the nearest city 20 minutes away and a small campus, with only 6000 students. I would recommend this for anyone who doesnt like crowds, large complicated campuses and/or would like to get to know everyone and see a familiar face when you walk around.

Western Oregon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.