Western Oregon University

« See more reviews of Western Oregon University

People who are looking for a friendly campus and reasonable tuition should attend this school. Motivated, accepting, enviromentally friendly, and original people should attend Western Oregon University. If you are a person who loves a beatiful campus, with great oppertunities for community involvement you should attened Western Oregon University. All minorities are welcomed here so there no need to worry about finding acceptence the WOU family. People that are worried about finding a job after they graduate should also check out WOU because most students find a great job after graduation. If you love life come visit WOU!

In my opinion, I think a person that like the rain and small classes should attend to this school. We have a variety of different weather, but most of the time, we get a lot of rain. Also, this university is small compare to our Oregon universities. WOU offers small classes and it is very helful because one can get a lot of attention from the professors. I like like to know exaclty what our assignments or exams will be based on. Therefore, I like getting the opportunity to ask as many questions during class.

Students who want to concentrate on academics should attend WOU. It's not an "easy" school unless you apply yourself to studying and participating in class. Students who want a party school should look somewhere else because Western strives to give students plenty of opportunities to have fun without alcohol. There's a lot to do at Western and getting involved is easy. People from the city have a difficult time finding things to do, but it's all about creating your own social life.

WOU is best for people who want personal attention, small classroom sizes, and a fast pace, but thorough, curriculum. With the wide variety of support systems for students with disabilities Western is a great school for any type of learner/student. What is very appealing about WOU is their specialty programs; for example WOU is a well known and respected school for ASL studies and interpreting, Education, and Special Education.

Attend WOU if you want to enjoy college with many small classes. The setting is great for learning and getting help from your professors. You need to be committed to studying and advancing through your education. College is fun for sure, but don't come here just to "have a good time." Attend WOU to get a degree that will allow you to be placed in a job that you desire and look forward to working in!

Students who will be successful at WOU must enjoy smaller classes, with more professor-student interaction. The city of Monmouth does not have the most exciting variety of activities, but the mountains and ocean are both only an hour away. WOU's professors will know your name, so you must be willing to show up to class regularly and participate in group discussions and projects often.

The kind of person that would fit this school best is fun loving, personable, and someone who enjoys one-on-one interaction. There are only about 5,000 students on campus and because of that classes are very small and you get to know people very fast. It is a truly amazing experience. Some of my classes here at this college are smaller than my classes in high school.

A person that likes to see familiar faces but yet new faces as well, around campus, a person that likes to be involved with school activities, a person that likes a class size to be about 20-25 students, a person that enjoys their professors recognizing them in the coffee shop and saying hi and professors getting to you know as an individual and your interests.

Only a person who is comfortable in a small town with the nearest city 20 minutes away and a small campus, with only 6000 students. I would recommend this for anyone who doesnt like crowds, large complicated campuses and/or would like to get to know everyone and see a familiar face when you walk around.

Someone who wants to be close to home but not too close, make friends, work hard at school, and have fun. It's a really great school for almost every type of student, people here come from all different walks of life and that is part of what makes this university so interesting and progressive.