Western Oregon University Top Questions

Alex

I would tell myself to not be so scared of the transition to college. I would strongly suggest don't be afraid to ask for help when needed because many of the staff here are really supportive. Don't be afraid to go out and get involved with the events on campus because you'll meet so many new people during new student week, I would say: Fallow your interests and dreams by getting involved with clubs that support that because chances are you will meet a lot of people possibly with the same major/ or minors as yourself. Basically, Making connections is really really important. you never know when you may use those connections

Gerd

Never forget to be diligent about your studies. A college student has far more responsibility that demands one to always have the eyes on the prize. Always be prepared to study in order to do well in your classes so you can be proud of yourself and your achievements. It is easy to get lost in studying for school and focusing on your own interests when you are not, but it is also important to make friends and treasure those friends who take an interest in you. The world can be a difficult place and the tasks thrown at you will be hard at times. It may seem daunting and you may lose motivation due to how overwhelming it is, but it is important to keep working at it. If not a large chunk at once, then piece by piece so you do not regret it later due to procrastination, which can easily get you if you are not careful. Most important, never forget your better qualities. College and real-life responsibility can take a toll on you, but remember to always hang on to your kindness and respect towards others. Always maintain your sense of humor and keep smiling.

Hevin

I would love to smack past me. I did great it school, seeing as I was my school's only salutatorian, but I lacked focus in and outside of the classroom. I hardly studied, which is a hard habit I'm trying to get into, and my organization skills are mediocre at best. I would advise myself to do so much differently. I would say to stop being lazy and join a sport, seeing as I had the potential but lacked the drive. I'd scold my past self to stop taking the easy road in classes and challenge myself more than just advanced placement classes. I would definitely beg myself to get a job because my bank account is one of the saddest things I have ever seen. I would implore myself to apply to scholorships much earlier than I did with a greater frequency. I would reassure myself that the transition into college wasn't awful, but I should branch out beforehand. The rest of my advice would be petty, like "stay away from boys," and maybe even "go to the better high school," though I am sure I would have petulantly refused to follow either of those.

Miranda

I would advise myself to participate more in the community that is provided. I tended to stay in my room and focus on my studies but I probably should've explored more so that I could join more clubs and activities so that I could have a stronger sense of belonging on campus and in the Monmouth community. Along with participation within my community, I wish I would have been more committed to finding a job around campus or within Monmouth because it helps with participating in my community but also is a good way to learn responisibility and spend my extra time.

Dominique

As a senior in high school, I wasn't sure what to expect in college. I earned A's and B's, but I didn't study much. As I started my freshman year in college I was unprepared for the workload, I ended up earning B's and C's my freshman year in college. I would advise myself to practice studying in high school, so I'm more prepared for the amount of time I have to spend studying in college. In college most of the grades are based on exams, which requires study habits. By practicing studying in high school I would be preparing myself for the study habits I will use in college. I would also advise myself to apply to more scholarships, and save up money because there's a lot more free time in high school to apply to scholarships than there is in college, and if I had more money saved up I would be able to pay some things off out of pocket, rather than having to take out loans. By following this advice as a high school student I would be prepared for college both educationally, and financially.

Mariah

I would definitely research more about colleges. Make sure to get more advice on how to pick classes and knowing what I really wanted to do for the rest of my life. Socialize a lot more with others around campus to learn a lot more about my surroundings. Learn more about my field of study, ask more questions, and most of all have fun with whatever I do. Make sure I understand that it is a lot of hard work. Start to do a lot more scholarships for school, and stay close to the poeple that you know will and want to help you out and make you a better person than you were yesterday. Make sure you stay on track and don't socialize with the wrong people that only care about themselves, put school first before other people.

Sabrina

If I had the ability to go back in time, I would tell my high school senior self not to be so nervous about going to college. I would say that everyone else is nervous about making new friends and being in a new place too, so it's easy to meet new people.

Jason

If I could go back and talk to my High School self I would first tell me to pay more attention in class and strive for better grades. I would also tell myself not to take time off before going to college and to go as soon as I finished high school. Lastly I would just warn myself of how hard it was going to be getting through college after slacking off all of my high school career.

Jonathan

If someone had the ability to see me as a high school student and a college student at the same time, it would be obvious that I was not the same person. I had a lot of difficulties and insecurities in the past that I would have to let myself know there will be rough roads in the future, but do not give up hope and give more to the community. I realize now that the times I gave back is when I did not feel alone and knew my life meant something in this world. I would tell myself that you would get accepted to a Nursing school and be able to make a life for your future family. That would also be the hardest thing to tell myself, I never believed I would have a family, but I would tell him that so he would not feel so alone and do better in High School because the future is bright ahead. I would tell him to still attend Western Oregon University, and Clackamas Community College but getting good grades would help make things financially better. The last thing I would say is, you are worth it.

Kendell

Steer clear of the peer pressures and romantic relationships. You have plenty of time for those things and college will need the majority of your attention. College is going to be a culture shock so be prepared to be responsible for yourself. Don't party and it is okay to not know what you want to do in life. It is okay to change majors and explore your interests. Have an open mind, and be prepared for one of the memorable times in your life. Make wise choices because trying to finish college with two children is very difficult. You are smart and you are worthy. You don't need men to tell you these things so focus on your studies.

David

Your on the right path. Go ahead and join the Army, but don't reinlist after your tour is over, take thye G.I. Bill and start college. Don't get married, wait until you finish school, otherwise you're going to end up divorced before you're 25. Stop drinking now, it may seem like a lot of fun, but it's going to cause you so many problems. Don't worry about not fitting in, everybody else feels the same way they're just better at hiding it. You are enough, don't let other people or your own head tell you your not. Pick your friends carefully, make friendship that will last. Pick people who are honest, loyal and respectful. Do this because you need to learn it from some one. Your lack of family up bring is not an excuse, far more people have been through much worse, you're not a victim

Angel

Don't be afraid! College isn't as scary or hard as it seems. You're a good student and you'll have no problem here. There are so many opportunities to make friends and connect with people who have the same interests. You'll never find people who understand you like the friends in your major do. Don't be afraid to follow your heart. Follow your passion. The professors and advisors will tell you how to be successful doing whatever it is you want to do. Don't keep your nose stuck in your books. This will be the greatest time of your life so far. Take a break from studying and go out with your friends or roommates. Get to know your professors well. They'll be more understanding about issues you may have if they know you're commited to your education and the class. Take advantage of every opportunity to learn or grow that comes your way. THIS IS THE TIME. Take classes that scare you or are out of your comfort zone. Join clubs, play sports, see shows. This is YOUR time. Make it count.

Timmarie

I would definitely prepare more for college. I had no idea what I wanted in college and I would do more research about where I wanted to go. I would look for schools that had more to offer and had better social lives. I would get a higher gpa so that I could get more financial aid. I would not go to college with a boy friend but instead be open to every situation that came about.

chandler

The advise I would give myself would be to expand my knowledge in citing sources, and using the internet and textbooks for information. In high school I wasn't taught how to use sources to create my essays properly. I have had to teach myself in college in order to complete my essays and other work. Citation is key to a good essay, and also making sure the original author gets credit for their work. In high school I wasn't taught the proper way to cite a source, and have had to teach myself this in order to finish my college work.

rachel

The advice that I would give myself as a high school senior would be to build more meaningful relationships with the ones around me. As a high school senior, I had a lot of friends but I wouldn't say that I had a lot of close friends. I think I would tell myself to put more effort into building relationships that are going to last and withstand the test of time. Along with having strong relationships, comes branching out and leaving my comfort zone to make these relationships happen. I was a little bit shy and guarded when it came to communicating with teachers, bosses and adults in general. I am learning now that these people taking on these leadership roles in society do have a lot of beneficial advice. I have found that because they are older they have experienced a lot more than I have, so they may have some insight that goes hand in hand with what I am going through everyday as an involved student.

Charlene

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice as a high school senior, it would definitely be to work as hard as I could regardless of the grade that I recieved. Study habits are extremely important, and it is definitely something that I lacked in high school. Although I did well in high school, I didn't work as hard as I could have. I did enough to pass my classes, but I did not value the information that I was recieving. If I would have paid more attention and tried harder, then I may have gained a lot more knowledge that could have been beneficial to me now. So, if I could tell myself one thing, it would be to truly do my best in everything that I do in order to portray the best me that I possibly could.

Caitlin

Choose a different hall and roommate immediately! College is supposed to be the best time of your life, so make it just that! Do not try and please everyone, always do what is best for you, and do not stress because you'll have the campus down in less than a week. It's okay to realize that your friends from high school and you are on different paths, do not worry because you will find new ones. Continue to focus on school like you always have but do not forget to be social too! Just remember: have fun!

Felecia

If I could talk to my high school self, I would encourage myself to take more AP classes, to branch out a little more, and to take ASL classes in high school. First, I would tell myself not to worry about an intense course load, and to just gain the experience of taking a wider variety of higher level classes (not just focusing on AP Language Arts courses). Additionally, I would want to reach out to more people and develop more friendships. As rewarding as it was to have a tight nit group of friends—whom I all cheered with—it would be nice to develop a wider rage of relationships. Lastly, I would want myself to take ASL in high school, instead of waiting until college to learn ASL. Because my major is in Special Education, having a base line understanding of deaf culture would be helpful before entering college.

Caroline

I think the best piece of advice I would give myself is to jump into things. In high school, I wasn't a big joiner, and coming to college is a great time to try out for plays and join clubs and its also a great way to meet people. Also, I would tell myself to relax and be myself. College is completely different from high school in that you have more freedom. Of course there is the obvious freedom like living on your own and choosing your schedule and what not, but there is also the freedom of a new town with entirely new people who know nothing about you. You can make yourself be anyone you want, and for someone like me who was a little shy in high school, I finally felt brave enough to come out of my shell and be the real me. In high school I was really worried about making friends and now that I'm here, I wish I had known how different college really is, and how different I can be when I feel safe to open up and be myself.

Alexandria

I would begin by advising myself not to be afraid to step out of my comfort zone and try new things. Though it may be scary or intimindating, you never know what you're missing until you give it a try. Take advantage of the extra-curricular activities offered! Not only is extra-circular activities important but it also gives you the opportunity to meet and interact with people of diverse backgrounds. Enjoy the journey for it will shape your future and make the most of these four years because they go fast!

Devon

If I could go back in time and talk to my past self then there would be two major things I would mention. The first being to take advantage of the AP classes available to reduce the number of credits you need to take in college. Even though the classes will be challenging, you are going to college for a reason. In addition once you get to college, those required classes you need to take freshman year will not only be completed, but you can also have yourself some extra cash by not paying for those classes. The other piece of advise I would give myself is to not take the easy way out. By this I mean actually studying for midterm and not just browsing over notes the night before. College isn't like high school where you can watch TV before a final exam and still pass the class. When midterms or finals week comes, there may be nights where you are up 24 hours getting ready for your final exam. If I could summarize what transactions need to be made, it would be to apply yourself to succeed in college like I did in high school.

Blanca

Being the first one in a family of nine to go to college was challenging, but not impossible. I had to do everything on my own. For instance, I didn't know how to look for scholarships or universities. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself two advices. First, I would tell myself to participate in higher club/organization positions. Such as, being in the student government club, president of varies different clubs that I was a member of, and be a part of more school activities. If was hard to do these activities because my parents thought it was a waist of time and they wouldn't give me permission to participate in them. The second advice I would give myself is, to take the risk in taking higher level classes. In my high school they offered college classes. For example, writing and history classes. Also, taking college classes they offered at the community college. If I knew I was going to assist college, I would of taking higher club positions and taking college credit classes. Thank you...

Casey

Having spent a year in a two year community college and earning my Associates Degree quickly so that I can move on to a four year univrsity a year early has made me realize that several of my priorities as a high school student were off base and inmature. If even this short year later I could go back and shake some sense and wisdom into my high school self, I would have several important bits of advice to share. First, as important as everything seems in high school--friends, clubs, sports--nothing is as important as focusing on meeting educational goals and thinking ahead to paying for a college education. Had I focused more on qualifying for and applying for scholarships and less on friends and activities I would be in a much better place financially to pursue my degree. Secondly, I would remind myself that all of the nonsense and drama going on around me is temporary and does not need my attention or involvement. I spent far to much time focusing on other's issues and attempting to affect other's lives and not nearly enough on my own. Thankfully the college me is all the wiser.

Ashleigh

Some of the most fun times you will have in your life are when you enter college, but college is not easy and will require hard work. You are now responsible for writing college essays, studying for exams, and completing assignments. It is important to do your work on time and to never get behind in a course. Get to know your professors, they may be a great help when you need recommendation letters after graduation. But most importantly, do not stress the small things. Stressing will only make your time in college more difficult than it needs to be. It is important to enjoy your time, make friends, and do well in classes. College starts the rest of your life, so do your best but also have fun and enjoy your college career.

Kendal

I wish I would have taken scholarship opportunities more seriously. Unfortunate circumstances in my househould has left me to support myself throughout my college experience. If I could go back in time, I would have forced myself to sit down and really look into the college I ended up choosing and sit down with the financial department and see what they could offer me. I was so concerned with getting accepted, and beating myself up for not re-taking the SAT or taking the ACT I wish I could go back and tell myself everything was going to end up okay, to stop stressing out so much and to relax and enjoy your senior year in high school because it's something you will never get back. Work hard in school, but also make time to have fun. You only get those four years of high school once. Don't limit yourself when applying for college, look outside your comfort zone for a new adventure.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, the advice I would give myself would be to start planning my days out. Plan out the times that I am doing homework and studying and the times that I can use to relax and see friends. I believe that a very important skill in college is time management. It is easy to get sidetracked and not complete things than need to be done. In high school I would tell myself to get into good study habits. It is easy to think that studying is easy or that it comes naturally, however I would tell myself that I need to figure out what way of studying works best for me. The last peice of advice that I would give myself is that I need to study and stay concentrated, but I also need to take breaks and have some fun as well. I would tell myself to utilize my time in high school and to really enjoy it, because things really do change once I am in college.

Arriel

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I woud tell myself to take scholarships seriously. It never crossed my mind to apply for scholarships because I was going to get my transfer degree at a community college before attending a four year college to complete my major. Because the community college was about half the price per term of the university I never even thought about applying for scholarships. Now that I am in the university I realize that I made a big mistake. Paying for school is becoming increasingly hard and if I had started off with a few scholarships it would make things a lot easier now.

Madelien

Hey Maddie! This is your future self and I want you to know that you are so awesome and are going to have the best high school experience! Work hard at everything you do and push yourself to try new things! Some things will come really easy for you, and some will not, but that is okay! Work and train as hard as you can for the upcoming lacrosse seasons, I promise it will pay off. Study harder than ever; I know it is cliche to say, but grades are so important and you will not realize that until later on so I am telling you now! Join new clubs and try new things; build amazing relationships because these are the friends that you will have forever. Find your hidden talents and enjoy the ride, this experience only comes once so embrace it with open arms. You are alot stronger than you think and you will be able to overcome any challenges that come your way. Embrace your creativeness, weirdness, silliness, and have a great time because you deserve it! Remember who you are and do not change for anyone, always be you. Love, Your future self

Bailey

There are a few things a would tell my high school self. One thing I would tell myself would be social and not afraid to make friends. I am a little shy so I was afraid to make friends, so I think that made the transition over to college a little harder for me. I would also tell myself that the transistion will be hard but you can get through it. It was hard but in the end going to college is worth not being with my family for a little bit, even if I miss them a lot. Finally I would tell my high school self to be open to anything. Open to trying new things and to be ready for my roommate because she won't treat you right. But most importantly to not try something because you didn't use to do it, so try something new.

Lauriana

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to study harder, spend more time with family, and be more independent. I would tell myself to sudy because I learned that high school didn't prepare me for college, if I studied harder I would have learned more and maybe gotten prepared. I would say spend more time with my loved ones because thats who you miss the most in college. Yes, there are friends, but the people you depend on the most, your family, will always be there and you realize how homesick you are, even the little things make you miss home. I would finally tell myself to be more independent because in college no one will be there pushing you to do anything. If your room is messy or laundry needs to get done, you need to do it. If your grades slip, you need to worry; your mom or dad won't be there yelling at you. It also makes you realize that its expensive so youdon't want your grades to slip because there goes $300+. You need to study, be with family, and be independent before you stasrt college, in my mind.

Fabiola

It was not until high school that I realized the importance of mantaining an active student life. I would definitively encourage myself to be more outgoing and involved with student life activities and the student body. Most of high school students sign up for clubs because they think it will look good on college applications, but they never attend meetings. I have been as active as possible at the Community college I am attending and it not only looks good on my application, but I have developed my professional and leadership skills at the same time I have met people from all over California. I would also advice myself to mantain a close and strong relationship with faculty members. Professors are helpful when needing someone to advocate for you when transcripts are not enough. Sometimes letters of recomndation could favor in a scholarship or applicaiton. Last, but not least I would advice myself to use online sources to apply to as many scholarships as possible because even a $100 or $200 is extremely helpful in college.

Coming out of high school, I thought I was invincible and took things for granted. My parents had always told me school would be expensive and I ignored them; figuring it wouldn’t matter and it would work out. Instead of staying at their house, I moved out and got a job while going to school my first two years (which were paid for by a scholarship). Now that I am wanting to return for my bachelors degree (and now that I have had some time to grow older and learn how the world works), I realize how much I took my childhood for granted. If I could go back, I would tell myself to take things slow! Look into all of your options. Apply for every scholarship you can. Don’t be afraid to turn down community college for a four year opportunity. Most importantly, I would tell myself to keep your eyes on your goal. Don’t take time off from school, keep pushing through so that you can get to the end sooner. Life is only as happy as you make it, you might as well make your dream come true and enjoy it.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice during my senior year of high school, I would tell myself many things. First of all, get started on applying for scholarships and colleges early, because time will definitely sneak up on you quickly. Second of all, I would tell myself to enjoy the time I have being at home. Once you're off to college, you suddenly realize what you took for granted at home and how "easy" you had it. And lastly, don't stress out about maintaining and fighting for friendships that were produced during your freshman year of high school. Once you're in college, you gain the most meaningful and longlasting friendships you could ever ask for. Oh... and HAVE FUN!

Katie

I would tell myself to learn how to communicate with the people you are living with better. Because when you are living with someone you don't even know, communication is key. They don't know who you are or what your personality is, So, learn how to be open with people, and show them how you feel. It definitely helps build a good living environment. I would also tell myself that not everyone knows you at college, and to not feel bad when you can’t find a solid group of friends until you have been in school for a while.

Alexis

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to join more clubs and organizations sooner than I did. I would explain to myself that forcing myself out of my shell eventually helped to make my college experience so much better and introduced me to people that have become amazing friends, that I would not have met without forcing myself to push my comfort level of meeting new people. I would also tell myself to make sure I would learn better study techniques earlier than I did. My grades were not as high as I like to see them my first term, and if I had learned better study techniques a little earlier, I could have prevented that.

raymond

i would of told myself to work harder .

Don't be afraid to do something different. Everyone else is going off to a four year school, but if you're not ready, don't feel bad about it. There is nothing wrong with the community college life. You'll figure out what you want to do sooner or later, but try to start looking into that stuff right now. Seriously, it will save you a lot of stress down the road. Stop being so afraid to step out of your comfort zone. Life isn't meant to be lived in a little box. Put yourself out there, because if you don't, you'll never know what you're missing. College is about exploration and finding out who you are, so put on a brave face, get out in the world and have a blast. Study hard, make good friends, meet new people, and try new things. Stop worrying so much about the things you can't control and open yourself up to new possibilities. College is hard work, but it's also an adventure, so give it your all everyday, and do it with a smile on your face.

America

The advise that I would get to my adolesent self would be to stay in school and go to college, therefore, we would have already had our doctorine in biopsychology. I would explain how attaining college classes are not as difficult and all I would need is devotion to wanting to obtain each degree. I would explain the devotion involves taking notes from each class, asking questions, and researching the classroom material that way I would get a better understanding of what the teacher is teaching me and I will better prepare me to pass all me exams. I would also explain there are going to be classes that are easy and there are going to be classes which are difficult, but as long as I do the assigned work and ask questions I will pass the class. Finally, I would try to make myself understand that without an education I will never be able to provide stabilty in my live and I will have to live from pay check to pay check, therefore going to college would be the best thing I could do to avoid dealing with those situations.

You’ve signed the forms, scheduled your classes, taken the tours, and read the brochures. Take a deep breath, work hard this summer, and get ready for a rollercoaster ride in the Fall. You probably think you know what to expect, and in many ways you do, but be ready to also be surprised with some turns and loops. College will surprise you. Your biggest challenge may not be that chemistry class you’ve worried about…it may be juggling your laundry, sleep, and studying schedule with your less than flexible new roommate! Remember that compromise truly means a “giving” on both sides and that eating the same thing two nights in a row is really ok. Schedule your time so that you feel in control of your life and know what’s coming up. Managing your time is key and not always as easy as it sounds. Stay connected with your family and friends at home. They’ve been with you a long time and often have just the advice you need. Remember that you’ve prepared for college as best as you can, and have the confidence and flexibility to make the “surprises” learning experiences and new adventures.

Anna

Since I am coming up on my 10 year high school reunion, I realize how different I am now. You could say I went through my path in life completely backwards. I've worked in a few different career fields exploring what I wanted to do, got married, have three amazing children, and have worked as a state government employee for the past five and a half years. After all of these experiences, I finally decided to go to college this past year. Honestly, I wouldn't tell my "high school self" to do things any differently. Yes, it would be easier to work and attend college full-time without a husband and three children, but I also don't believe I would be as motivated or successful if I didn't have them in my life. The transition into college wasn't very difficult, since being the organizer of my family has already prepared me to keep track of everything, manage our finances, keep appointments, and be able to handle little amounts of sleep. I would tell myself to learn from every experience between high school and college and never stop trying to better yourself.

David

David this is your chance to succeed in life, and no one is going to do it for you. This is your time, do not waste it! College life is not going to be like high school, your teachers are not going to hold your hand and walk you through your mistakes. They are there to teach you but you have to be willing to learn. You can’t play the same game you do every year. Buckle down and take your education seriously. It's not as hard as it seems and the benefits are worth the effort you put in now. When you get to college you have to be in charge. Do not settle for anything but your absolute best. Make sure you know what class's are available to you, and what classes are required for what you want to do. Sign up for your classes early and always talk to your councilor if you need help. Get the help you need! You are not alone in this. There are councilors and advisors in every department and they want to help you. Lastly do not leave things to the last minute, your only cheating yourself.

High school me, do not, under any circumstances, divert from the course that I have followed. Sure, four colleges in five years is a pain when it comes to transcripts, a timely graduation, and GPAs, but the friends you'll gain, the things you'll see, and the bad choices you'll make are all a part of who you'll be. Oh, and don't let anyone tell you not to be a writer: That's the most important, and the reason why you cannot divert from the course that I have followed. Writing is everything to you--if it isn't yet, it will be--and everything you'll go through is gearing you toward that one, simple fact: You will be a slave to your pen, and it will be the most glorious thing ever. So make mistakes (fail your two semesters), choose a useless major (interdisciplinary studies), and don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone--this world is no place for hobbits (sure, you'll talk for ages about how much you hate Chicago, but you'll, honestly, secretly love it). Trust me--I know what I'm talking about.

Angela

I would first off tell my high school senior self that coming to a new school and it being college is not that scary as I made it seem. Making that transition to the college level of academics and living in the dorms is the best experience a person could ever have. I would tell my high school self to have gotten more involved with my hall while I lived in the dorms my freshman year, to talk to more people and socialize a lot more. Getting to know people is the best thing in college. Everybody is different and it is amazing to hear everyones story why they are here getting the education they are. The biggest advice I would tell myself to do is to start taking math classes your Freshman year of college. Math is a must for a lot of majors, minors, and different classes. By not taking math my Freshan year of college, I have put myself behind about a year or two for graduating. Overall, I would tell myself to just have fun, study hard and make friends along the way, they could last a lifetime!

Michele

Your success in school is determined by your motivation and dedication. You will accomplish your dreams, goals, and ambitions if you put in the work, effot, and believe that anything is possible.

Tate

Put in a more concerted effort to finding scholarships, even while in school. There is a lot of money on the table and creates a stressful school experience when you are not scrounging around for money and relying on only FAFSA as a backup. Learning is a lifelong process, as is earning and finding every dollar possible. Take advantage of opportunities whenever possible, as there are more than you think and keep striving to find to find as much as poosible. Leave no stone unturned.

Charles

High school is a time for refinement. One should already have an idea of what’s important in life. That doesn’t mean one can’t deviate throughout life. However teenaged angst and woes should be quarantined inside one’s alma mater.Going into senior year I felt a firm grasp on my future. I knew I wanted to study history, yet I was still juvenile. I fancy that enough time has passed to criticize senior me. Knowing what I know now, I would give the blond senior three pieces of advice. First, I would advise to take my head out of the sand and do better in AP statistics. Looking back, I was only three points from getting college credit. Though the repercussions aren’t serious, I may need to retake statistics. Next, I would tell myself to pursue friendships with those I met in college. I often think, “Why weren’t we friends earlier?” Finally, I would tell myself not to change. I’m satisfied with where I am now. Although it would’ve been nice to have the knowledge I do now, I don’t believe there to be any serious ramifications; meaning I did everything right.

Vera

Nothing is impossible. Establish your long term goal and move to it step by step. Do not give up on you dream if something is going wrong. If you need time, take the time, stop for a while, think, and plan how you can overcome temporary obstacles. You dream will come true if you are happy, motivated, organized, and direct your efforts to the most important changes in your life.

Kimberly

Study skills will be essential when you start attending college. Strong study skills will help you pass exams without anxiety, help you retain information you have learned, and even decrease the amount of time spent on homework. Become comfortable with public speaking as most classes will require some form of a presentation. Learn to enunciate and project your voice, and be able to present your ideas clearly. Good writing skills are crucial not only for passing the required English Composition courses, but for the inevitable term papers, research papers, and essays on scholarship applications. Spelling, grammar, punctuation, and a wide vocabulary are very important. While study skills, writing skills, and public speaking will prepare you on an intellectual level, it is also important to be prepared on an emotional level. Believe in yourself and your ability to excel in college. Never, ever give up. Your college years are a time to have fun, but can also define your education and career path. Keep your grades and GPA as high as possible. Always aim for the "A" because you never know when that one "B" in a class will keep you from being selected for the program you desire to enter.

If I needed anything from anyone before I met to college was advice, I am the only one out of my family to go to college and im hoping my brother and sisters follow in my foot steps. If I could go back and give myself advice I would have told myself to take more college credit classes so I could have furthered myself in college. I would also say have fun because the transition will be easy and making friends would be no problem. Also dont stress the little things only the big things!

Olevia

In high school I thought I had college figured out since I had taken a few college courses. I had my future planned and was already stressing out over course loads. If I could go back I would tell myself to take a breathe and enjoy life as it happens. You don't need to figure out your whole life now because you never know if a class you take is going to make you see life in a new light. Learn from the people around because lessons don't just come from books and facts. You just stay focused on each day, get your work done and keep an open mind. You'll do fine, there will be mistakes but perfection is boring.