Western Oregon University

« See more reviews of Western Oregon University

There are many attributes to attending Western Oregon University. One of the finest things about attending here are the activities that the staff provides the students with. Being as it is a very small university and town the staff provides the students with great ways to keep the students having fun and being involved without getting into trouble. For one example they provided the students with trips to the mountains to go snowboarding for they day. This is a great way to get away from campus and have an environment were you can get away from school and just relax.

I love the size of the student population. I have gone to other colleges where there could be almost 300 students in a lecture, and the professors just spoke out. Here at Western professors are very interactive, and so many of the classes are filled with open discussions, which provides for a real hands on learning experience. The professors are also very interactive on a one-on-one basis, I have never had so much support from the faculty. There are also several outside resources which professors encourage you to take part in. Western was like love at first sight.

What I consider the best thing about the school is the atmosphere. The atmosphere at Western is very friendly. Everyone for the most part is willing to help each other out. For example, older students are willing to help younger students with classes or figuring out things for their degree. The atmosphere also makes me feel safe. Our public safety officers are constantly walking around and at night there are well lit paths that we can follow that are also very public.

The best thing about WOU was that the classes are small and the professors know who you are. There is a lot of accountability in coming to class and doing your work. I enjoyed the experience because I got to know my instuctors, felt comfortable visiting them in their office if I had a question, or even calling them on the phone if I needed. It is a small school, beautiful campus and agreat opportunity to get a very good education.

I love the small classes and the diversity. There are so many people from so many parts of the world with so many different interests and dreams. Having those small classrooms really gives one the chance to get to know a lot of really interesting people, including the professors. Although Western is in a more rainy climate, it makes up for it with the beautiful springs and summers.

The best thing about Western Oregon University is that the focus is on, not only, getting an education, but also being able to get involved and find yourself. I consider this to be my favorite part of WOU because I believe that it's important to get started on the right foot when you're off on your own for the first time... and WOU makes that transition very easy and comforting.

One of the best things about attending Western Oregon University is everyone on the campus is extremely welcoming and friendly. There is a club or organization for everyone's interests and all the clubs and organizations are welcoming to all students. This campus really encourages student involvment and supports all the students in their choices and views.

Being in a place that is quiet and conducive to learning. While there are plenty of things to do around Western Oregon, the campus and town itself are nice and calm, creating less distractions. You to go distractions. But when you don't want distractions, stay at school, get your work done and then go play around the valley.

The best thing about my school is the size. It is small so that you can develop a relationship with your teachers, they can always help you pass or excell in classes. Also, the classes are very small in size, of course, so that each student receives more individual attention.

The best thing about Western Oregon University is its diverse environment. The feeling of acceptance once you step on its campus. Diversity is a the key to acceptance and the key to getting everyone togther, so we can get to know and accept one another.