Morganton, NC
Western Piedmont Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Piedmont Community College

Celeste

I love the teachers and the class size. It is located in a small town so there isn’t a lot to do around the school besides go eat somewhere. All of my teachers have been extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They all have regular office hours and you can always email them when they are not in their office and they typically still respond. I highly recommend this school.

Erin

Western Piedmont Community College is a very good college to attend. I am currently enrolled and hoping to be admitted into the Nursing Program here. I love the size of the classrooms and you feel the personal connection between you and the professors there. I recommend going here because of the staff and activities available here.

Trent

Western Piedmont is a great school. The instructors and staff are always very helpful and kind. There are lots of ways to get involved with clubs and other student activities. There are also a wide variety of classes to take. I would recommend this institution to any beginning student.

I love Western Piedmont for many reasons. The first is that it feels like family here. If you ever get lost (which is hard to on this campus) there is always a friendly face to guide you. This is the same in the classrooms. Teachers typically will go out of their way to help you succeed. It is a caring environment. I consider it the best community college. We have many clubs and it is easy to get involved with activities on campus.

David

Best school around!!!! They have the best teachers and most available office hours. I can tell how much these teachers care and want to be there for their students and want them to succeed in life. The campus has a overall friendly and helpful environment!

Destiny

Overall WPCC does a good job with what they have. I wish we had more clubs and sport activities like the "big" universities have. Staff is usually friendly and I am glad that I was able to get what I needed at a affordable price. Teachers always try their best to help students with what they did. My email doesn't get overflowed with unnecessary emails, and overall I am very happy with my experience so far.

This school has some great features but, like any place there is faults as well. One of the many great features include the library. This feature is very nice and is a great place to study or print of a paper needed for your next period. A fault in this school is finding a tutor for certain classes. I personally had trouble finding a tutor for anatomy and physiology

Bailey

It's a very pretty community college. There are lots of classes and programs to choose from, there is also an early college program for the local high schoolers. There is always something posted up outside (snacks, games, info booths) by our student council. Teachers here are great and we have awesome facilities to help better your academics. Free tutoring and lots of free classes to learn a new skill. Only one basketball team for boys and student council, not much else extra-curricular activities.

We have a beautiful campus. I would say we have the best community college campus in NC.

I would tell myself not to complain about going toa community college. As much as high school kids laugh at kids in community college they do not know how helpful it can be. College is harder than high school, but community colleges aren't as bad as unviseties. Also if you do not know what you want to do then a community college is the answer just get an AA then decide.

I think the best part of this school is the professors. They actually care whether or not you are doing well in their classes, and they are always more than willing to help.

Western Piedmont Community College is known for its beautiful location, wide variety of associate degrees, and emphasis on student education and well-being. Located in Morganton NC, WPCC boasts of 300 acres of rolling hills, gorgeous mountain views, tennis courts and ponds. Its degree programs include three transfer associate degrees in Art, Science, and Fine Arts. According to WPCC president Dr. Michael S. Helmick, “Western Piedmont is known for its caring and supportive student environment.” All employees are fully dedicated to helping each individual student both in academic and life-skills achievement.

Before making the final decision to attend Western Piedmont Community College in Morganton, I considered enrolling in McDowell Technical Community College which happened to be located in my own town of Marion, NC. Although McDowell Tech was closer to me by 20 minutes, I really appreciated the whole student community and location of WPCC more. A large number of students who attend McDowell Tech are those who graduated straight from McDowell Highschool, while at WPCC, there seems to be a greater diversity among students, as well as a pervading sense of belonging and friendship that the whole college shares.

Western Piedmont Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.