Western Piedmont Community College Top Questions

I would tell myself not to complain about going toa community college. As much as high school kids laugh at kids in community college they do not know how helpful it can be. College is harder than high school, but community colleges aren't as bad as unviseties. Also if you do not know what you want to do then a community college is the answer just get an AA then decide.

Hal

If I could go back in time and tell myself some advice I would say to get in the weight room quicker and to also take the shot on the turkey that locked up on you at 50 yards. I would tell myself to play strictly defense and not worry about running the football. I would tell myself to stay away from Lydia and to not give Heather so many chances. But looking back on the process of looking back, these things have shaped me into who I am. When I got redshirted and couldn’t play baseball anymore I took a year or so off before getting very active in the weight room. But because of that, I work harder than most people do in there. If I did not let Heather string me out like she did, I may not appreciate the fiancé I have now. And, not taking that shot on that turkey tells me that I am indeed more about they hunt than the kill. Yes there are some things I would do differently but it’s not hard to find ways to be happy about how things played out.

lara

I would encourage myself to enroll in college while im in high school. learn everything in the medical field that i need to know to get the job i want.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about college, I would encourage myself to fill out as many scholarships as possible. I would have told myself I can do anything I put my mind to and to not be afraid of the maximum 21 credit hours a semester. I would have told myself to not be as shy and to speak out, not only to get my point across, but to maybe help others to not be afraid of sharing their feelings too. I also would have suggested that in my first semester of community college to already be preparing myself for the transfer to a four year once I get my associate degree. I would tell myself to really think through all my decisions to make sure they are the right ones. I would tell myself to show much appreciation and gratefulness to all who will support you in school. I would also tell myself to take any offerings the college gives me because it will only help me in the future. And then, I would tell myself to choose what career path is going to make me happy because that is what matters most.