La Crosse, WI
Western Technical College-La Crosse

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Technical College-La Crosse

Tanya

My school is unique because it is geared for adults who have a busy life with work and family but what to go back for more education. They offer online classes and night classes so that I can still work a full time day job. Also they offer career counciling for when you graduate, helping you write your resume and practice mock interviews with you.

Oh where to begin. Since I am 34 years old I have thought alot about this question in my life. For starters I would explain to myself how important a college degree is. I would tell myself (as a freshman) to think about what I want to do with my life and take high school classes that would help me reach that goal. And to check out different colleges by doing research and visiting the campus ect. all well before I was a senior. I would tell myself not to take a year off after high school like I said I was going to do, because a year turned into many. It is easiest to just go to college directly from high school. You are still in school mode, everything is fresh in your mind, you don't have dept to pay, kids to raise (hopefully) and you get college will be over before you know it and you can be making great money before you decide to get married and start a family. I say to myself all the time, I wish I could go back in time and do things differently.

Someone who has a hard time with self study would not be a good fit for this school, as it has alot of online classes. You need to be disciplined and have good organization and mulit tasking skills for that.

Brandi

The classes that I am taking right now, the kids are all around my age so that we understand each other and get along well because we are all there for the same reason.

I would explain to myself that I don't need to be so uptight about moving on from high school to college. The trasition is very easy and fun. I would try to explain to myself to have more confidence in what I was doing in high school and that everyone starts on an even slate in college and that I can do just as well as anyone else. I have already established good study habits in high school that will carry me over into college. I would tell myself to enjoy my senior year in high school a little bit more and not be so concerned about the uncertainty of next year. I would tell myself to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I love the class sizes for making the transition from high school to college. The instructors are very friendly and you are able to get to know them on a more personal basis. The counselors are very helpful and knowledgable about helping you to understand what classes to take so that credits aren't lost when transferring. I also love the fact that I am able to work my class schedule so that I am able to play volleyball and basketball at Western Technical College.

Jane

I would of made sure to have gone to college and earned s degree in something. Even though I was not sure what I actually wanted to do. I was marrired right out of high school. Had 8 children, and was divorced 20 years later. I hade no job skills and just a high school dipolama. I could not support my family on the jobs I was able to get. I decided to go back to school at age 43. It was the best decision I have ever made. At times it is so hard to juggle all the stuff I have to do being a single mother. But school has given me back my seif esstem and I can't wait to get my degree. Through all of this my children have all supported me. They have learned to like mc and cheese and frozen pizzas because mom is doing school. In the end it will all be so worth it. Wath out world here I come.

I wish I would of known that most of all the students would be half my age.

I have to travel round trip close to 200 miles. Some time only having one class in a day.

Mee

I would advise myself to keep ahead of everything in my classes and review materials daily so it's fresh in my mind.

I believe this school has provided everything possible to make learning and their students number one priority. I would rather choose this school over a university.

I'd say anyone who wants a decent career should attend this school. The best thing is that you can save money on tuition and time. It's a great school for not a lot of money and the education you get here will get you far in life.

Rebecca

I would tell myself that you need to get lost of rest. That you also have to make sure you are at school on time everyday or you are going to get behind in your studies and it is hard to catch up on what are in leuxchurs. I would also make sure that i make all doctor appoinments after classes to the best of my ablity so that i am not missing class due to that. I would also make sure that i dont take more than 10 to 12 creids at one time and try to do full time work too. That it is to hard to have a full time job and to do full time schooling too becasue you need to make sure that you have the time to study and to get your homework done. I would also like to tell me that you need to make sure that you get help with yor homework when you need it and not wait intill the last minute. Also make sure that i have all the support i need for my learning disablities so i can learn at the same pase as other students.

That you have to make time to sudy. You also have to make sure you go to classes becasue the teachers are not going to just email you the assignment. You have to lest show that you want to learn and that you really want to be there.

That you can only miss 3 classes before the teacher can drop you from the classes. I think with medical reason you should be exampted from only missing 3 classes.

Western Technical College-La Crosse administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.