Western Technical College-La Crosse Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Western Technical College-La Crosse

Gabrielle

I think Western Technical College is very flexible and they make it possible for people of all ages to attend school. For my program, they are always encouraging to visit the free tutors on campus and the tutors are always available. The only downfall is for a certain class I'm taking (General A & P), they only allow you 1 make up exam, which is kind of bad because I live more than an hour away and Wisconsin winters are NOT forgiving. I've already taken huge risks driving icy roads to get to class so I did have to miss my exams.

Gabrielle

I think Western Technical College is convenient for anyone who attends. A student can take anywhere from 1 course per semester to full time credits and live on campus or off campus. The students I meet and class instructors are overall welcoming and warm, and we are all there for one purpose: to learn and graduate.

Chase

I am a first semester student here at WTC-Lacrosse and I am enjoying every moment. From the very beginning a faculty member guided me to the right resources to properly enroll and prepare myself for being a student in a College environment. From then on I have been exploring on my own to find what suits me and what is available to me while I am attending. A great first observation for me was going to the Cafeteria/Cafe; where a variety of food options was available to me, from french fries to salads and all the sandwiches and soups in between. This helps me as early in the morning on the race to get ready, or the meditation of a slow rise, I do not often get the food I want/need in the morning, but, when I arrive from 7-8am the Cafeteria is open with bright and ready faculty to assist me in my hungry state (Big shoutout to them as I have custom ordered breakfast sandwiches a few times). Another almost immediate observation was the readiness and availability of supporting faculty to aid my progression in my studies, and getting more involved with campus life. Adjacent from the campus library there was a small room with a few computers/table and a bright faced faculty Member (of whom I can't remember their name due to my memory but we have a warm connection already) that was more than eager to tell me about the Multicultural club room I found myself in. I have used their computers to tidy-up and print my first ever paper and will seek guidance to review my work in the future; it is a multicultural club but along with that, it is a place to feel comfortable and secure in furthering my education. All in all being in my 4th week of my first semester I feel empowered, happy, and ambitious as I learn more information each day. If Western Technical did not operate on the level it does I would be having a much harder time (though my perseverance often pays off) getting through my studies, retaining the information I learn and preparing for future tasks, goals and responsibilities. I have given it a 4-star general rating because nothing is perfect, and I have not yet uncovered all that my school offers me! I am Happy to be a Cavalier. - Chase Alexander Nagel

Kiley

Western is a very safe and clean environment. It is open to all ages with no judgment. I love attending this school! The professors are so helpful and will respond to you as fast as they can. Overall it is a very good school. I love that it isn't huge because it is easy ans fast to get around without getting lost. I would highly recommend going here.

Jessie

At first, I didn't really care about the campus because I only planned to be here for semester, but now I actually really like it. Classroom are easy to find and the instrustors are really striving for the students to do better. I think I might want to graduate from here.

I really like it here! I do live on campus and the dorms are incredible. We do live in a large town close to two other colleges so there is always something to do here. The people are really nice, and it's very easy to make friends. The college classes are almost all hands-on and really easy to understand. The teachers are also willing to work one on one with you if you are behind. All the teachers want is for you to succeed whether that means helping you one on one or offering extra credit.