Snyder, TX
Western Texas College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Texas College

Darci

My classmates are great! They're a lot of fun in class, and very friendly. They're fun to talk to and get to know. They make class enjoyable. I feel like I can speak my mind without being judged or sounding stupid in front of them. They are great piers!

I usually do not know what is happening around campus. They put it on the website, but I'm usually never on that part of the website. I wish they had a more effiecnet way to let students know what is happening around campus, becuase they have so many fun activies!

Taliilagi

Our school is most known for sports.

Our school is most known for sports.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school. I would tell myself that I should stop procrastinating and focus more in school. Don't take anything too lightly because you need your brain more in college than you do in high school. You need to pay attention in lectures and take good notes. You also need to realize that your sport is what is going to take over most of the time in school, so don't expect to play around too much. Do you work and work harder on reading and math so you don't have to take remedial classes when you get here and waste time.

If you are lazy and don't want to practice everyday and have games almost every weekend. You should not come to Western Texas College. It is a school more for athletes.

Katy

My classmates are helpful and friendly. We all get along really well and usually make class pretty fun. It's awesome to interact with my classmates because some of them are from different countries.

If I could go back to being a senior in high school, the advice I would give myself is to stay calm about college altogether and to be open-minded and have fun with the pople I meet. That the radio program I will be involved in is going to be extra time consuming but so much fun and I'm going to learn a lot. That college isn't going to be as stressful as everyone makes it out to be but I need to be focused and take college seriously. Not everyone gets this type of life opportunity; it's super fun and awesome but a priviledge and not to just throw it away!

When I tell my friends about school, it's mostly about the radio broadcasting program I'm in and how much fun I have in it. Sometimes I brag about how funny my teachers are and the types of things I learn while I'm in class.

Legrand

Small school which allows you to learn a lot, makes you focus on school.

Small school which allows you to learn a lot, makes you focus on school.

Since I just graduated, I would have gone back and tell myself to start doing schoolarship application since i was a junior. It would have help me a lot. Work harder in my classes to gain a 4.0 GPA. Study a little longer. That's what I would have told myself.

Brooke

What would I change if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior? If I could go back and talk to myself as I high school senior I would say get through your challenges and try harder. School was always a challenge for me in high school. Though it was a challenge I wanted to prove to myself that I could go to college and accomplish my dreams. For example, it has always been a big deal for me to go to college. My parents did not graduate from college. My mother dropped out of high school when she was 16 and my father had 66 credit hours in college, but he dropped out before he graduated. I needed and wanted more than anything to prove to myself and my family that I could do it. I wanted to prove that I could go to college and get an education, so that I could make more money and support the family that I someday wanted. In conclusion, If I could go back and talk to myself I would say "Life is a storm but you have to learn to dance in the rain"

I wish I had known that you should take your ACT more than once because you can get scholarship offers if you make a high score. My score was not great the first time I took my ACT. Therefor that gave me no scholarship offers. Had I tried much harder on my ACT I might have gotten financial aid.

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be taking classes that do not transfer. There are quiet a few classes at Western Texas College that do not transfer to certain universities. This could cause a problem for me when I transfer to a university because I might have to take some classes over again, which will slow down the process of me graduating.

Western Texas College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.