Western Wyoming Community College Top Questions

Knowing what I do now, I would tell my younger, unlearned self that I will be just fine. Teachers may threaten that college is harder and more work, but they neglect to mention that for all that work you get an equal amount of enjoyment and satisfaction from all you have done. Yes, it is challenging, but challenging in a way that makes you feel good at the end of the day. I would tell myself that this is one of the best decisions you can make, and that it is worth all the effort in the world to get into college and stick to it. I would also tell my younger self not to let your classmates opinions influence your own opinions of your classes. You will work hard and be fine while the others slack off and whine. Don't let their bad attitudes ruin your work ethic or your enjoyment of the class. Do your homework and you'll be fine.

Alma

As a high school senior in California, I was clueless as to what I wanted to do with my life. I knew I wanted to go to college, but other than that I was at a loss. I ended up attending the University of California in Riverside, but i was still without a clear goal. I dropped out after a year. If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would point out how unprepared I truly was. I am now more aware of myself. I would tell myself that a community college would be a better start. For someone as unsure as i was the smaller classes and campus would have been a better, smoother transition. It gives a student a taste of college life while still maintaining a small familiarity of high school. I understand now that the auditorium sized classrooms with professors who seemed so far away, in a large campus; left me feeling lost and disconnected. It was intimidating to my 18 year old self to ask a question and not know if i would be seen or heard. Community college I would say, will allow you to better grow and be confident.

Don't wait to attend college!!! The more education you have the further you can go in life and the happier you will be. Don't think putting off school for a year is the thing to do. One year off can easily turn into two, five, or ten years. School is hard at times and it is work, but the results will payoff tenfold. GO TO SCHOOL!!!

Start working on scholarships a lot earlier, and do not pass up on some scholarships just because you do not want to write an essay. Fill out all the applications as possible, and as soon as possible. Go on college visits to make sure you will be able to live there for the next 4 or 5 years of your life. Ask our advisor more questions, dont be scared its her job to help you. Dont stress so much, it does not help you in the end. Talk with your family about what they think, but it is your decision in the end. Save all the money you can, college is very expensive but totally worth it! Finally, be yourself when you meet new people, college is a new beginning and it is the best thing you can be doing with your life. Also you are making something of yourself so be proud of who you are becoming.

Relax, it's not as scary as everyone says. You're future doesn't rely on some silly class, your future relies on you, and change is bound to happen, so let it happen. Also, study in a way that works best for you.

Darcy

I would tell myself that school is important and I should never put my dreams aside for someone else. I would also tell myself that it doesn't matter where I go to school the important thing is that I do well and I enjoy what I am doing. I am getting an amazing education at Western; even though I am further from home than I would like it has been a wonderful experience. I have grown, matured and excelled. Lastly, I would tell myself to have fun. Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I am the one responsible for shaping that day. I need to take advantage of every opportunity and make the most of every moment; by doing this I am able to enjoy what I am doing while I am doing it, not just when I attain my goals.