Fulton, MO
Westminster College-Fulton

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Westminster College-Fulton

ANDREW

As I have explored my options for college, I have visited over a dozen different college campuses, not including campuses that I have been to for high school sporting events or competitions. Westminster has by far the most outgoing, accessible campus and faculty of all I've seen.

JT

Westminster has its ups and downs. It is not immune to a few faculty that ruins the experience for the rest of the students. It is a great place to learn your area of study, but the overall experience of the school has let me down. Education wise, it is a great school. Living wise and general day-to-day events wise, it is a place that needs to be improved.

Kate

I loved my visit at Westminster and I will be attending in the fall of 2019. My favorite part about Westminster is the location, Cafeteria, and the Dorms. Everyone on campus is super friendly including the security guards. The education side is also very unique because they have a open door policy with their professors.

Tychirra

Students should only attend Westminster if they are looking for a small community of people where everybody knows your name. Professors here genuinely care about your success as a student and will go out of their way to help any student to asks. The food isn't great, some love it some hate it, but the friendships you'll make along the way make up for it, kind of; at least you don't have to worry about the freshman 15. The campus is adorable and small, making it hard to be late for class since you don't have to walk far. Over all, Westminster is a great school but it isn't for everyone so please try and visit before decided to become a BlueJay.

Katie

I love this college. The facilities may not be great and the courses may be difficult, but it's the perfect fit for me. Westminster allowed me the chance to fulfill my dream of being a collegiate softball player, and for that I am forever grateful. However, softball does not consume my whole life. I am able to participate in many events on and off campus outside of softball, a feat my other collegiate athlete friends do not experience. Westminster was not my first choice for a college, but it has ended up being the best choice I ever made.

Erin

The food is bad, this place brought out my allergies which I didn't even know i had before i came here. The professors, security and other staff are very nice though.

Trey

I would explain to myself the importance of taking initiative and listening to teachers. Because I have learned that whenever teachers back in high school would ask a rhetorical question to try and start making us as students ask those questions such as "why are we learning this?" So simple yet I never put it together that if I started asking myself those questions, that i would have a larger understanding of what we were trying to learn. I would tell myself to take initiative more because of all the opportunities that i missed out on because of me not taking initiative. From academic opportunities to cultural diversity to social opportunities. If I had taken the initiative back then I would have been able to start perpetually improving myself day by day not only increasing my own value, but also increasing others from everything that I have learned.

The social life, there is nothing to do at our campus most of the time, as well as there is only a movie theatre and a bowling alley in town. So most weekends, many people leave campus to go home or to a bigger city to have fun and actually do something.

A person from a large high school shouldn't attend my college. Because I have come from a large high school that about doubles my college, and it isn't what i wanted it to be. Yes academics are amazing because of the small classes, but that is the only positive for having a small school.

Alexander

If i could go back and talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself to keep pushing on and finish the year strong. Just because you are a senior in high school does not give you the opportuiny to just put cruise mode on and forget about all of your problems. I completely understand that athletically, you want to make it to the next level but you also have to realize that you can't get anywhere athletically without the grades that you originally strived for when you cane into high school as a freshman. No matter what happens on a daily basis, you can't let it affect your school work and the ability to get things done so you can be that much closer to your goals. You do not want to be the man in the future that wishes he would have done more to better prepare himself for the future. You need to get everything done now so the future will be a breeze!

I brag most about how awesome my age group is. I also brag about how amazing the football coaches were. It was great to be apart of a football program that actually cared about the players and actually wanted to win football games to make it to the playoffs.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the teachers do not take the time to actually help you when they say they would. They always say either set up an appointment at a later date or ask a friend. They never took the time to sit down and talk with you to better understand what was going on or what you did not understand.

alaina

My classmates are partiers, students, athletes, fun-loving, hard-working, and-best of all-the most diverse group of people I have ever had the pleasure to be around.

I needed a lot of advice my senior year of high school. I am a worrier and a planner. Whenever I worry about something, I create a plan to solve whatever problem is worrying me. I worried a lot my senior year. I worried about what college to go to, how far away from home it should be, where would I get the best education, and how much I should pay for college. So I planned out how far I was willing to be away from home, what college would give me the best chance of getting a job after graduation, and I worked for scholarships pay for college. However, if I could go back to my senior year, I would tell myself to not worry so much. Everything worked out wonderfully even through the ups and downs of the decision process. I would still plan because good plans make good things happen, but I would relax and laugh more. I would tell myself, "You only get one senior year of high school in your life. Enjoy it. Relish it. It will end faster than you want it to."

I love telling my friends about my professors at Westminster College. Every professor I have had so far has been a great teacher and they are always willing to help outside of the classroom. My major is biology which is very challenging, but my professors were always approachable and will to assist me in whatever ways I needed them to. Although my professors were willing to help me whenever I needed it, they consistently challenged me in my coursework. Being a student at Westminster is tough, but working hard to overcome a challenging course is a fulfilling and rewarding experience.

Westminster is a small, but very open campus. The students, faculty and staff are all extremely welcoming and friendly, and make sure the needs of each student are met. The campus is racially and ethnically diverse, allowing for much learning outside the classrooms. The small town feel allows the campus to feel like one big family, which is absolutely wonderful. The close knit campus is great, especially when adjusting to college life and being away from home. Westminster is a wonderful place to learn, live, and meet some of the most interesting people.

If I had the ability to talk to myself as senior, the first thing I would stress to myself is, relax. As a senior, nerves are running high with the anticipation of moving away from home, being away from all known friends and family, living with strangers, and being placed in an unfamiliar campus that at the time seemed enormous! Throughout high school, teachers warn "college is going to be much harder than this!" Well, although the warning may have been a bit intense and overwhelming at the time, they were exactly right. I would let myself know that, yes, college is much harder, but in a wonderful way. College is challenging; it is new and different, yet exciting and stimulating. It expands thinking and reasoning in a way that a high school student may not have thought was possible. Most importantly, I would like to let my high school senior self know, as tough as something may seem, there are hundreds of others who feel the same way. I would want myself to have known as long as I keep myself focused, prepared, and excited, I am going to be able to handle whatever is thrown my way.

Westminster College attracts a wide variety of students. Anyone looking for a small town, close knit, learning savvy environment would abosultely love Westminster. However, students on campus must be driven, intelligent, able to think on their feet, and have an open mind. There are plenty of teachers willing to help each and every student, but the student must be willing and ready to learn, and apply themselves above and beyond average.

Westminster College-Fulton administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.