Westmont College Top Questions

Devon

One of the most frustrating things about Westmont for most people would probably be the dry campus rules and regulations, I don't mind them but some people tend to find them binding. Another thing that can be hard is the small student body. There are only 1200 students on campus, and a two to one girl to guy ratio. This can be frustrating because there are limited friendships available, and rumors can be spread fast. However, this small student body also creates a community of people who form stronger friendships.

Analicia

There are closed hours, which means that the opposite sex cannot be in your room at certain times of the day.

The dining options are limited and the food is not very good.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is in California, which is across the country from my home. I am from North Carolina, where I grew up and where my family is. It was very difficult adjusting from not only college in general, but also not being with my family or having the comfort that they are just around the corner, if I need them.

The most frustrating thing about my school is how expensive it is.

For me, I live in Washington and am a homebody so the most frustrating thing is being away from home. You really have to make good friends and make the best of every vacation. Westmont can very easily take your mind off home and become your new home. But because my real home is so far away, it is difficult only seeing my close friends I made at school when at school.

Marki

The most frustrating part about Westmont is the abundance of rules. The campus upholds strong Christian values, so drinking under the legal age, smoking on campus, and using Limewire on campus are prohibited. There are ways around these rules, but they are a pain.

Shaun

The most frustrating thing about my school, and being in school in general is that there are so many things to do. And when we get so may things set before us to do it becomes difficult to manage your time, and to do the work that you have pledged yourself to. Balancing work, play practice, homework, and a healthy social life can be daunting. Fortunately, at my school there is an incredible amount of understanding that comes from teachers and peers, and I feel genuinely encouraged to do my best, and to cast my fears aside.

As with most colleges, it is difficult to balance an active social life with the time needed for school work. The most challenging thing for incoming students is learning time management, especially in regards to how it is different and more difficult than high school. However, both the social life and the school work are well worth the effort and academic advisors and professors are willing to help students learn time management skills.

Rochelle

The lack of diversity and the disconnect from the "real world."

Sometimes people take for granted their blessings and think little of the blessings they have recieved (including myself). Sometimes people get confused and think that life is about getting ahead and beating down your opponents.

The most frustrating thing about Westmont College is that fact that it is very academically challenging and I sometimes have to choose between certain social events or studying. The workload is demanding and can be overwhelming at times. There is a lot of pressure to do well and it can be difficult to stay on top of things if one procrastinates.

The food. Also, the fact that classwork is often so intense it prevents people from really growing in all of the other ways the school encourages. The school encourages a lot of relationship and spiritual and personal growth, but people are often too busy to be able to do any of that.