Chicago, IL
Westwood College-Chicago Loop

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Westwood College-Chicago Loop

jekerra

If i could go back in time and talk to my self, I would tell my self not to be so worried or scared about going to college. i would tell my self that college is easy according to what type a person you are. I would also tell my self not to miss any days and to always keep aq smile on my face because people are watching you.

The best thing about my school is that its carrer orientated. The teachers are very helpful.

Sheree

Great people who are eager to learn and graduate just like I am

Great people who are eager to learn and graduate just like I am

They really want to make sure that you are focused and to help you stay in school regardless of what situation you are in. The terms are fast and quick thats why you graduate fast

If I could go back to my high school year as I senior, I would probably tell myself to get on it and to not waste anymore time. I would tell myself this because, I have learn a lot about college fixations that I did not know before. Some facts that I know are about applying for scholarships. In high school, I was never taught about the process of applying for scholarships. It was made as though you have to earn it and if not you can not pursue college. I have never heard of all these different scholarships and about the scholarship process. I would also give myself the advice of people are here to help you reach your goal in life. The falculty made it very straightforward that they are there to help you no matter what obstacle comes your way. If I had known these facts then, I would have been gone to college, but you can't go back to the past, and if you're still breathing, it's never too late to go and do something with your life despite what others say. This is what I would've told myself in the past.

Tyree

If I was able to talk to my highschool self, I would advise me to be extremely organized. I would teach myself time management, so that I could attend school and work as I'm currently doing. I would also encourage studying, no matter the day or time. I would also tell myself that I'm smart and can truly do anything I put my mind to as I have witnessed. These are imperative elements to being a successful college student. As a result of following this method, I currently hold a 4.0 GPA. Unfortunately, my first stint in community college didnt go as well. I wasnt prepared nor focused to acomplish the things I'm doing now. I developed bad habits in highschool that I later had to correct after my first stint in college. I consider myself to be a success right now but the journey isnt over.

A hard working driven person should attend this school.

I always brag about the passion that staff members show when assisting students with what ever they need.

Harlan

I would tell myself to play more sports in high school, it helps with social interaction and a good way to stay focused. Also being great at sports can help you get more scholarships by doing other activitys. I would also tell me to start right after high school and not go work for a few years first since it only made it harder to go back to school.

This school tries hard to involve others into their activitys, even when some students just dont care. And they always keep tring to push us to have fun with our education.

The financual aid group can be a pain, but if you keep talking with them they will help you out.

norma

Dear Eighteen Year Old Self, You should really focus on saving money for college, even putting away fifty dollars a month can really help you. Put aside the partying and hanging out with friends and look at what you want to do with your life. Stop procrastinating about college, because before you know it you’ll be 21 and not successfully passed one year due to financial issues. If you have to work during college make sure it’s at a place where they work with school schedules and not make you choose between your education and their business. Lastly never give up and I mean never, no matter how hard it will feel at the time to get to the top. Never think less of yourself when it comes to finishing college. Hard work does pay off, just like it does when you feel that high school diploma in your hand. You made it this far and I know you have the strength to make it through the rest. Sincerely, Me

Yamilet

If I could go back to my days in high school and give myself advice, the first thing I would tell myself would be to stay on top of deadlines. My transition to college was hard because I come from a spanish speaking family that has no idea what it's like to fill out applications. I would tell myself to find the resources necessary to get things done. I would also remind myself that no one would be classified as dumb for asking questions, and would make sure I took the initiative to get my questions answered. I would also tell myself that change isn't as horrible as it seems. I came into college afraid of what could happen, and I've seen that life only gets better with college. I would tell myself to stop being so afraid to speak to new people, in college one of the biggest challenges is becoming sociable and getting to meet new people. The most important advice I would tell myself, would be to get outside of my comfort zone, you can only be in it for so long before you realize what great things are out there!

Christopher

If I could speak to myself as a high school senior I would whisper in my ear to learn everything you can about computers and as in depth as possible. Furthermore, to understand the process means that you are almost there already. When you get there you will know it, never rush it, and when you do see it, embrace the power.

The help desk. They need to be educated on what they are there for.

This school is intended for all types of people who are ready and willing to learn.

Edgar

Above learning teaching pedagogy and teachings aids, what I have gotten that I value the most is the "The Spirit of Teaching". This is the redemptive characteristic in allowing the students I will teach to make mistakes, to not fear in repeating those mistakes also. The guaranteed lost is the attempt not taken. Our society should not be afraid to learn from their mistakes, to be able to gather all the pertinent information for succes and then to go do it. Also, it to not set them up for failure. Should a child not be able to sit down for 5 minutes, I will congratulate them at 4 minutes. Slowly encouraging this student to be able to sit for twenty minutes. The "Spirit of Teaching" has also a vulnerable characteristic to it. This is where I allow myself to learn from the students. Despite a child's taciturn attitude to school I have a duty to place value upon thier life and their education. Allowing myself to learn from each student is the experience of a good teacher. The value that any student brings to the school is worth aiding to, especially in such a diversely growing student make-up.

The friendliness of the staff. Professors would know your name after the first class (typically 20 students maximum for each classroom). Should this student have children of their own, as myself, the professor could possibly know their name and ask occasionally as to the well-being of the child. Such a nurturing atmosphere is just the fertilization for strong internships that would ultimately bolster careers. Professors that I have had thus far are already out in the field so they bring in current events to discuss while interacting with textbooks. With so many skilled professors, I believe I have profited.

The kind of person that should attend Aurora University is the academically serious student who would just absolutely love the small cozy atmosphere that is offered. This type of person would also need the innate strong pursuit of a challenging academic lifestyle. This type of person would not mind the limited amount of activites that the City of Aurora offers for adults aged 18-25 yrs. old. This person would like Aurora University's Spartan Spot (small order restaurant on campus with Wi-fi capabilites) and a library that is technologically on-par with today's advancements, facilitating their research.

Shelby

I have been accepted to Auburn University as a transfer student in the spring of 2011, but as of now, I am residing at a two-year community college to get started on my college career. It has been valuable to attend this community college because I get to save money, and get an idea of what a real college class contains. Although I hate that I am not attending Auburn this fall, I am so glad I started off small, and gradually worked my way up. Within the last 3 months of being at this community college, I have learned responibility and maturity. I am no longer a high school student anymore, and I am in classes now with adults of all ages. It really makes me realize that I need to buckle down and study hard because if I don't my dreams of becoming a pediatric nurse are on the line. I am very excited about attending Auburn, and I can not wait to get there, but I am glad I prepared myself first!

Darryl

I believe that my college experience has provided me with the opportunity to learn at a comfortable pace and challenge myself at the same time. I would say college is valuable to attend because it helps provide for your future and prepares you to start your career as opposed to working a "job" . I've been able to obtain friendships and networking relationships that I would cherish for the rest of my college career. I would say attending college overall is a great investment because it provides a foundation for your future and it helps you obtain the essentials that you need to begin your journey to success.

The school is great so far I don't have any bad things to say about my school. It is providing me with great opportunities so I have nothing to complain about.

I brag most about the experience and knowledge that the faculty and staff possess. I love the fact that we can learn from professors that have worked in the field we are interested in and they can provide us with real-life experience and training. I also like the small and intimate setting of the school which helped the students and staff get to know each other very well.

Westwood College-Chicago Loop administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.