Denver, CO
Westwood College-Denver North

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Westwood College-Denver North

Matthew

The academic staff truly wants you to succeed. I am in the online program and really got to know my advisor because he would call me weekly just to check in. I really feel like all the staff truly want you to succeed. You are not simply a number to them and that is a huge help for me since I have not been in school in 12 years.

If I were to look back at myself in high school I would tell myself to focus on school and go straight into college. Because of my home life, school was the last thing I thought about. I had to find food for my sister and I because my parents were not responsible. I also became a teen parent my senior year. This presented a lot of challenges to me. I never thought about continuing on in school. But, after watching my wife so passionately complete her BSN degree, I decided I needed to go back to better myself and my family. I am proud to show my 13 year old son it's never to late to fulfill your dreams and to never give up. I just wish I would have gone to school right out of high school so my life could already be on the path of success.

This school has so many different majors for so many different types of students. Non-traditional students would do well here as they have a vast array of online only majors. This is the main reason I chose this school. I am able to work and still go to school for something I have always been passionate about. I am able to complete my school work when it fits into my schedule which is awesome.

krystina

I would tell my high school senior self to get better grades and be more involved with the community and extracurricular activities. To better prepare myself for college level courses and apply for as many scholarships as possible. I'd explain that focusing on good SAT, ACT, and AP scores combined with the best grades and creditbility can get me to any University in the state, country at that. I would also say to study not only for grades, but to expand my knowledge beyond the standard course material for future reference.

Alondra

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself, I would say, "Apply to scholarships, they can save you from loans and debts!" I would push myself to apply to many more colleges. Suggesting to move out of this town would also pop out and getting myself to look harder for a better degree.

Don

So far, I have only done the admissions portion and will register in a week. However, the atmosphere seems very relaxing and career focused. I've been to previous schools where everyone was pushy and rude, that is not the case here.

I have not officially met any classmates. However, the people I have seen around the campus appear to be focused and ready to get their degree.

If I were able to go back in time and have a conversation with myself, I'd tell myself to quit wasting time and join the military. Not only are the doors to college easier to walk through after the military, but the career choices are also very abundant. Those two combinations are powerful tools in securing a future. Plus, the education would be paid for by the military, thus a free education and great career options. Even knowing I'm a hard knocks learner, I'd beat those ideas into myself until I couldn't take it anymore and the only way to make my future self leave is to 100% agree to the terms of going in the military and getting my CJ degree on the government.

Casey

After searching around, hoping to get into a bachelor’s program where I could move into management, I was contacted by a Westwood representative by the name of Ben who told me nothing but lies and mislead me during the application process. Yes, at the time, they were seeking Regional Accreditation. They had their ACICS accreditation but I was told by the recruiter that they were way past the point of candidacy and it would be only a short time before they were Regionally accredited. False promises, lies about their accreditation and several years later, I graduated. Took my degree to my current employer and after HR review, they explained to me since they do not have Regional accreditation, I was out of luck and could not be considered for management. My employer would not even allow me to apply for educationally assistance or reimbursement because this “college” was not a valid institution.

So now, several years down the road I see that Westwood has voluntarily dropped from Regional Candidacy. As I work a second job (nights and weekends) trying to pay for this $50,000+ education that is worthless, trying to stay afloat of this financial hell that this college create, my anger grows. So what did I learn that cost me $50,000 and nothing but grief, financial insecurity and embarrassment? That For-Profit schools like Westwood are out to make money off the backs of those who want to succeed and have dreams by lying and making false promises. They are in it only for the money and will not supply you with an education that will allow you to enter the job market. You will be placed so far into debt that no matter what job you apply for, you will not be able to realistically pay it off timely and if you do get a degree from them, it is better used as toilet paper. I was duped and feel like I’ve been made a fool by attending this joke of a college. Yes, I am trying to pay off this bogus debt. I have been in the IT business for over 20 years, hold certifications in Cisco, Microsoft and database administration, all obtained prior to Westwood. Some people have hobbies, collecting coins, boating, needle-point. Starting today, my hobby will be to go online at least once a week, visit as many websites as I can and spread the word on what this school did to me, financially and emotionally, and of those that graduated from Westwood with me that I am still in contact with, here is a list of their current positions as of today: Manager KFC, Walmart Clerk, Homeless and Unemployed, Clerk 7-11, Student (went to a real college to start over) No one who graduated with me was able to work in their field of study and failed to keep their promise of job assistance.

I tried taking my transcript to 3 local community colleges and was told the credits are non transferable. Went to 2 local “for-profit” schools with ACICS accreditation as well and was also denied. Tried using this fake degree to apply for several positions with SCE, IBM, Oracle, Wells Fargo, and a hand full of respectable and known IT companies. Received nice thank you letters but was told that I did not meet the minimum educational requirements by two potential employers because this ‘college’ did not meet their criteria as an educational institution. Yet, I did meet the experience portion of several but because of my lack of an actual degree, was denied an interview.

Most are looking for a way to complete a college education on-line while working full time. Majority are unable to or cannot attend a real Regionally accredited college.

kristina

So far, out of my college experience, I have learned a lot more responsibility. With out these valuble responsibility lessons that i have come across I may not have taken the responsibility to pay my bills on time every month. Also, in college, my people skills have steadily developed to a point where i could start a conversation with any random person.

Heba

My eyes were opened to a whole new world as a college student. I was able to choose the subjects I was interested in and in those classes, I was awakened by new points of view on politics, religion and life in general. Through my experiences I was able to construct a foundation for a strong bright future. I created goals that I have yet to reach but definitely will. A degree for me, as an Arabian woman and mother, is a weapon that I will use to fight anyone who stands in the way of my success. My success as a mother before anything else. I want to set an example for my children and show them that with a degree the world is at their fingertips. Through my college experience and the people that I met, I learned to be strong and wise. I can't wait to finish my degree and begin a whole new life.

Latish

As soon as I walked into the door the atmosphere in their was great automatically. They were the most helpful people and made me feel very comfortable. With all of this going on and how they treated me with their kindness and helpfulness it made me want to sign up and go to their school because if the administration staff was so helpful what are the teacher's going to be like. It made me want to find out.

A person that is interested in going to this school to get a proper education and a great career when they graduate.

Those who are not interested at all to go to school and get a proper education. People who are going to school and not interested and making the atmosphere and experience bad for others.

Andrew

Great invovment of the teachers. Offered curriculum I wanted.

Great invovment of the teachers. Offered curriculum I wanted.

The most important thing that I gained from college has been myself. What I mean is that I finally found my strengths, weaknesses and what I really love. That is the most amazing thing anyone could ask for.

Just pay attention to how much it costs before you sign up.

constance

The school seems to be what iam looking for in a school that i can get the best degree.

I get to start my first semester in March 17. 2010. so i haven't meet anyone yet I will be online.

so far nothing, iam looking to better my education to help me and my three children better our future. Thank you.

Westwood College-Denver North administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.