Wharton, TX
Wharton County Junior College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wharton County Junior College

Salma

All diligent students who are striving to accomplish their goals in college so that they can achieve a successful future.

The Wharton County Junior College of Sugarland is a college that is advantageously located with the University of Houston system. This makes it easy for students to attend a two-year college and pocket their abundant amounts of savings before transferring credits to the university.

I would definetly talk myself into spending my slacked time reading the textbooks provided for me during my year in high school. As I entered college, I saw how reading and studying the textbooks are extremely important as it is key into passing the course. Since I was disinterested in reading during high school I am having an extremely hard time opening up and studying the textbooks required in college. Most importantly I would talk to myself into applying for scholarships. I was ignorant about the extreme expensives of college and if I had spent my senior year applying for scholarships, I could have relieved my father's tight budget.

cindy

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself, I would say to focus and not waste too much time because time goes by fast. There are so many colleges to choose from that it takes time to choose the best one for you, so dont waste time on deciding where to go. There are so many places with different environments and people. There are many careers to choose from so pick one that you are most comfortable with. College life is not as easy as high school was. You have to work hard and always try your best.

Franklin

I would advice myself as a high school senior that there are no rosy paths free of thorns. No career will present a straight and narrow path to follow. There will be junctions in all roads I travel and that I must make a decision at each junction. I may not know where the other road would have led, so I should always forge ahead on the chosen path without looking back. Where I've been is not nearly as important as where I'm going. The next thing that I would advice myself is to do things that I normally would not. This is tip number one. But I mean more than just going to a sporting event. I mean to sit at a different table at lunch and introduce yourself to classmates I have never talked. To get involved in clubs I have never held any interest in before, and to make sure to partake in Senior Skip Day. Mix with the underclassmen. Be friendly and adventurous. I now understand that whatever I did in my senior year of high school is something to remember forever. I now understand that Senior year is full of anticipation for success.

The best thing that I consider about my school is that they help students achieve their Dreams. They are number one school to help community college students succeed (earn degrees, earn certificates or transfer to other institutions to continue their studies). They are particularly concerned about student success, and have faced the most significant barriers to success, including low-income students and students of color. My school also participate in college research at community colleges; public policy work; and outreach to communities, businesses and the public. My school initiative also includes advocating public policies such as policies to improve states.

The kind of persons that shouldn't attend this school are the lazy student whom are not ready to work hard. For example, those student that does not sow but they want to reap where they did not sow. Any student that is immune to plagiarizing, cheating, lying or making statements misrepresenting the truth or that is a subject to severe disciplinary action. person which may have been in dismissal from the previous schools. Any student exhibiting behavior, which suggests impaired judgment for any reason. Student or individuals who has impairment related to drugs (including prescription medications) and/or alcohol.

Lynda

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a hight school senior I would tell myself that the future holds nothing but possibilities. Nothing should ever get in the way of what you believe in or what you want to do with your life. Happiness should come first. Decide what you want to do with your life. With strong motivation nothing could ever stop that drive to become what you want to do. If something comes on as hard and you think it is impossible to accomplish just say to yourself, "this too shall pass." There's always time to have fun and go out with friends and party just know that having a good education will help you accomplish more possiblilities than you can ever imagine. The transition from high school to college is different. The meaning of different is that you have more responsibilites. No slacking off! Slacking off only brings trouble. A drop in your GPA can cause a downfall for the acceptance from your dream college. A good advice is when you first get your notes or lectures from your teacher take about thirty minutes a day studying!!! You will succeed!

I wished i had learned better study techniques. High school provided me nothing but the best. I prefer being taught more in depth and more studying tips that would have made my first semester of college alot easier.

Anyone can attend this school. This school offers a variety of great professors who cares and puts forth time and effort to make you feel welcomed.

Janay

My classmates are very attentive in class one can tell that each student wants to be there.

The small classes give students more interaction with the teacher, which can help with succeeding in class.

Even though I am very proud of myself and my accomplishments that I have acheived in high school, there is one major piece of advice I would go back and tell myself. I would tell myself to stay as focused as you can on school work. Even with one achieving accomplishments you should always strive for more. While I maintained a gpa of 3.2, continued to play two sports, and worked a part time job, I know i could have pushed myself for better grades. I developed the common case of "senioritis". Knowing now what I should have done helps me achieve my college goals now, in college. I focus on all work I do so that when I am done with it I wont feel the need to go back and give myself advice. With my new sense of striving for more I feel many more accomplishments coming my way.

abel

i would tell myself not to slack off and high school is just a tool to get you ready for college and if you think highschool is hard just wait untill college because the teacher are not as nice . please take your classes serious as if you paid for them.if you do all this college should be as easy as high school . and apply to every scholarship you can and apply to school early so you can sign up to classes that have nicer teachers.

Mytika

My classmates are smart on time with their work, nothing like high school classes where some students don't care if they pass or not.

I would say to myself find a group of honest friends that you can trust and study with and don't worry about what everybody else is thinking about you and how you handle things. Also if i did happen to get a job make, i would get a part-time job and get more organized and tell myself not to get lazy and get out there and make as many friends (good friends) and just focus on my work and set a special time to have fun and go to parties. I would also tell myself to take advantage of all the library time that i could get.

I consider the best thing about my school is the teachers go out of their way to make sure that all the students pass, they hold study sessions and the class sizes are small and easy to work with and comfortable to be in and everybody is almost on the same level.

Brandi

I would assure myself that Kerr Highschool was the best college preparation possible, and that everything at Kerr was better than it ever could be, in terms of quality of educators and material presentation. There has been no college course better prepared than Kerr, nor any teacher better than there was, or even close to their level. It's cake.

The best thing about the school is that there is a large variety of classes that are available for online, and that you are not required to attend an on campus orientation, like some schools, before taking online courses.

That the quality of the teachers is highly inadequate considering the supposed education level.

Bilal

If I was given the oppurtunity to go back in time and visit my high school self, I would definitely tell my younger self to take as many college credit in high school, enabling me to run through college faster and saving me money. I would also adamantly tell myself that applying for scholarships is of great importance, as they will help pay for school, and applying for FAFSA is just as important. Regarding college classes, I would advise myself that college classes are not high school classes. What I mean by that is in high school, I was able to breeze through all my classes and earn at least a B in all classes, whereas college classes require you to critically think about what is being discussed. Concerning the social atmosphere of college life, I'd tell myself that I should not worry about going to a college where my friends are and just focus on a college best suited for me, because college students are extremely friendly and approachable. The final piece of advice I would offer myself, no matter how cliched, is that hard work and being yourself is the best way to get through college.

I probably would have liked to have known the subjects required for me to advance in the career path I have chosen. For example, I'm currently studying to become a chemical engineer and I picked economics as one of my subjects, which turned out to be useless for my career path and I ultimately dropped it and ended up wasting $300.

Anyone who has recently graduated from high school and cannot recieve a scholarship should definitely look up WCJC as a school to get his/her college career started. It is affordable and the teachers help you make that transition from high school level work to the standard college level work.

Rashawna

WCJC is a terrific school to start at you can learn alot of things u didn't know before u start going off to a major Universi...

WCJC is a terrific school to start at you can learn alot of things u didn't know before u start going off to a major University.

Some advice i would give myself is to always listen to your teacher because you never know what your going to need to know for college.

I wouldn't just say nobody can't attend this school because there is not a school for certain people. Anbody could attend this school no matter if your white, black or Mexican. WCJC allows every race to come and learn and get there education not based on if your made for that school or not.

Wharton County Junior College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.