Wharton County Junior College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wharton County Junior College

Kailyn

So far, my experience at the Wharton County Junior College (At Sugarland, Tx) has been great! I admire the modern architecture and infrastructure of the buildings (I happen to be very picky for this type of thing), the clean atmosphere, and the friendly staff. However, there are a few reasons why this review isn't five stars. For one, the parking situation at the campus stinks (I happen to park in the gravel daily :( ). There is a lack of food options at the campus (Though Chick-fil-a will randomly appear with their stand, however, they are overpriced (compared to the regular chain) and inconsiderate due to us being broke college students). And, the campus is in desperate need of another building (it is PACKED- not a good thing when you're claustrophobic like I am). Even though these three things must be taken into consideration when coming to the Sugarland branch of Wharton, the reason why I am giving this institution four-stars is because of the quality of the professors. So far, I've had a total of eight professors and out of the eight, I would say two were pathetic. I can tell that the professors care about their jobs (except for the two I've had- whom I will not name), and that the value of education is high. In addition to the professors, I love how the campus looks overall. I do recommend coming to this campus, because even though I haven't seen the other campuses, I believe this is the best one (and the newest).

Faith

Wharton County Junior College in Sugarland, Texas is a very nice facility. Amazing professors and awesome places to sit and chill. Parking is a little bit difficult but for the most part all the professors and really decent and it is a excellent learning environment.

Jaylon

Its a great school to start off at before transferring to your 4 year. It has allowed me to have a flexible schedule and be a part of numerous curricula's outside off campus. I am planning on transferring to the University of Houston this fall and i credit my upbringing to WCJC.

Lance

My overall opinion on this community college is excellent. The community college embraces the nature of preparing students for the challenges of a four year university. They focus with providing students wide accessibility computer labs, libraries, professor office hours and free tutoring sessions for tough courses. Improvements can be suggested to their promotions on programs and extracurricular clubs because the community college does not share information like this widely to students on orientations.

Victoria

WCJC is a very smart choice. It is financially suitable and the professors care about your success. There was never a time where I could not get help from a professor. I always felt safe at WCJC as well and I felt like my dedication was respected and appreciated. Overall, one of the best decisions of my life financially and learning wise.

Billy

My overall opinion of Wharton County junior College would have to be that it is a good school if you want to get most or all of your basics out of the way. At least that is what I plan on doing due to the fact of classes being cheaper and then I will be transferring to a four year university.

bria

It's a cheaper option than universities but the professional help might not be there. Some professors genuinely care and want students to succeed, and then some professors are lazy. In my opinion, it's better to be on a university campusb surrounded by different groups and people to help you in your degree.

Ala'a

Wharton county junior college (WCJC) is a great choice to start off college with. Applying to a community college and then transferring to a university is a lot cheaper then directly attending a four year university. In addition, the size of classrooms in a community college is relatively small which allows students to participate in the class discussions and ask questions. WCJC is a small community college with lots of diversity. It has 4 convenient locations: Sugar Land, Wharton, Richmond, and Bay Town. Also, most professors are great at lecturing, they are available for students in their office hours, and they create an environment of mutual respect. The college campus is safe with security guards always found around the buildings. So if you are looking for a small, diverse, yet highly academic college, then Wharton County Junior College may be the choice for you.

Angel

Easy school to get into. Professors are very genuine and considerate . They all help you maintain your grades. It’s hard to fail there. Courses are easier I believe . Education is cheaper there but reviews the same information as opposed to a bigger university . safe and friendly

Angela

Pretty average, being that it is a commuter campus community college. People come and go to their classes, but it's a small campus that doesn't really provide the space or facilities for non school-related activities. You can't really ask for more than that from that from a community college, though.The academics weren't too difficult, and the staff is generally nice. It's a good place to get your basics done before transferring to a 4-year college, or to earn an associates degree. (Or both, which is what I did.) Overall, it delivers the necessities and I feel I received a thorough education there.

Sealy

Not the best, but I do recommend a junior college. The interaction with professors is a lot better than the interaction that you will get at a bigger university due to the class size. Also, I recommend it because the intensity of the course, at a junior college the classes aren’t as intense

Gerardo

Attending Wharton County Junior College has been by far the best educational decision I have made. Wharton County Junior College shown me how to improve my time management and how to properly study. Wcjc has also allowed me to have a flexible schedule which in terms make my life easier. For example going to Wharton County Junior College has allowed me to have a job and attend classes with no problems.

Kacey

I am in my first year of the dental hygiene program and while it is stressful and fast paced, I know the program is highly regarded and I am positive I will be hired quickly after graduation. Wharton County Jr. College is small, and old but the price is reasonable and classes are small so more one on one time is provided by professors and we have a better connection and fun learning environment.

Karla

wharton county junior college has grate professors that try their hardest to teach every student the beast that they possibly can and help students learn the curriculum if the student is not doing so well in their classes. Overall a good teaching facility.

melisa

It’s honestly one of the best junior colleges, I’ve compared it to different ones my friends attend like HCC and have definitely heard negative feedback from them. I’m always glad that I decided to attend wcjc for my first two years it’s a great close to home school.

Hanna

Wharton County Junior College is a great school and I highly recommend it to any high school senior who is looking to get basics out of the way. Wharton County Junior College is very affordable and the teachers are very willing to help their students succeed. it's a great school