Whatcom Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Whatcom Community College

Rochelle

I live that they gave me the chance to go to school their so very greatful and happy that they took the time out their bizzy day to recinize that I needed toi have this opportunity

It is a great school! :) I'd say in general about 95% of people are very friendly and helpful. That includes both teachers and students. But an especially big shout out to teachers and staff, they really do their best to assist others who are struggling, confused, etc. Whatcom has a good atmosphere. Thumbs up!

Savannah

The staff and students are kind, open-minded, friendly, and supportive. It's a small campus. It's easy to get involved and make friends, but you have to put yourself out there.

payton

The teachers seem very nice and helpful, the campus is well-kept and clean. Everyone seems to be in a good mood overall. The staff is very helpful and willing to go out of their way to help you, though you do find a few that are not as willing to help. The students seem pretty inclusive, not exclusive, and the groups are very mismatched and don't judge everyone. You can fit anywhere.

Izabella

Whatcom is a great school full of diverse student body. The class sizes are small making it easy to get involved in group discussions. From my experience teachers genuinely care about there students success and want you too suceed. Overall a great community that is a lot of fun.

Aurora

I have been attending Whatcom Community College for some time now, and over the years it has just gotten better. Although it is a community college and does not have as many amenities as a university, it makes up in class size and the availability of the professors. I recommend this school to high school students interested in running start, as well as those who need a stepping stone into university.

VIKTOR

This is the best college in Whatcom County/ You can earn degree and be transfer student/ Nice size of class. Online classes you can learn in your time/ On bus line free bus puss with student ID. Bookstore where you can bue books/ Good food on campus/

I left the Impact Program, which has no cost, at Bellingham Technical college because I wanted to attend this school. I've never felt more involved, welcomed, and safe as I do here. The teachers not only help me but inspire me to learn. They have amazing services on campus and are very welcoming to people of all races and sexual orientation. It's a fantastic school.

Beth

Whatcom Community College is a small but tight knit school. The instructors are invested in your performance and will usually help in any way that they can. The faculty are very helpful and seem to genuinely care about your success. There is an active student body with many groups where you can socialize, learn, and participate in activities that interest you.

Emma

For a two-year school it's really exactly what I could expect. The only thing I would like is a little more area to work outside the classroom, but they are building a new building right now, so I'm sure that will solve that problem. It is also really popular with international students.

Caelie

It is a pretty campus that doesn't feel like a community college. Compared to a University, it feels less social, and more academic. The library is rather large. Sadly, the theater leaves a lot to be desired. I am not aware of a large sports scene.

Sierra

I'm only a Running Start student, but I very much enjoy attending Whatcom Community College and it's classes. The teachers seem to actually enjoy their jobs and most of the students are there to learn rather than to distract which is a nice change of environment compared to high school students.

Bricella

It's a very good community college, the professors there are great, lots of resources one of them being tutors and another one is having our library open to us for computer usage, checking out calculators, books, making copy's, or whatever the case may be. I'm excited to see what more Whatcom has in store for me next quarter!

Tulley

While Whatcom is an inclusive and diverse school, it lacks a strong community. Most people go on their own way, and while they'll probably be courteous and say hi or smile, you'll lack deep connections with the fellow students. There are some problematic students there, with extremist beliefs and in wrong crowds, but the staff are ready to deal with this situations. The staff are very supportive, nice and friendly, and while I've only had a couple of professors that teaching styles didn't work, I've always liked them as people. The campus itself is very nice and well maintained, albeit small. It is a nice launching off pad, but I don't see it as a finish line.

Kelly

Applying to, and graduating from, this college is the best decision I’ve made!! It’s competitive but totally worth the work!! The classes are small and the professors are always available in and out of class. I’ve worked with other PTA’s who graduated from other colleges and they are far less prepared for real world clinic experience than graduates from Whatcom. The off campus housing is affordable and safe and it’s a college town with Western there as well so there is always something fun to do!! it is very affordable since it is a community college and the quality is unmatched. Do yourself a favor and go here!!

Teagan

Whatcom Community College has a very laid back environment and a beautiful campus. Many of the things I may personally dislike about it, (on-campus food opportunities, lack of social opportunities, etc.), are things that I consider to be the nature of a community college instead of a university.

Josie

It's a great school with great flexibility and affordability. The teachers are available and knowledgable. It is neat many different shopping centers and there is a Co-Op that has healthy and delicious food options close by. I would highly recommend this school.

M P

(associate's in visual communications, no on-campus housing exists). I got a really good education there when I was in Running Start, though in retrospect I should have taken the opportunity for free college a little more seriously the first time so that I would have had a better GPA this past year when I finally decided to finish my B.AS and MS.

Courtney

Whatcom Community College is a very affordable college where you can get your basic two year degree without breaking the bank. They offer numerous scholarships that helps students get through schooling. Professors care about their students and are available to them during office hours or through phone calls or emails. I really enjoyed the small class sizes and one on one time with the teachers.