Wheaton College-Wheaton

« See more reviews of Wheaton College-Wheaton

I like to tell my friends about the vast array of opportunities for extracuricular activities in the city of chicago and in the world at large. Wheaton College has several programs which send students abroad to places like Israel, London, Germany, Kenya and many other countries to take classes, or serve in internships. Wheaton college also offers a semester in Chicago where students can take classes while learning about the dynamics of city lifestyle. I also brag about the many prestigious speakers who come to Wheaton to speak in seminars or at chapels.

the people here are really great. everyone is really nice and friendly. you find that you will meet people here who you can trust, who you will be friends with long after college. the faculty and staff are also incredible and will have meals with you and sometimes invite you over to their houses. we have alot of fun and theres no alchohal involved, which stinks sometimes, but then again, i don't think i would get to know people as well if we were drinking all the time. so anyway, wheaton has a great community. and really good food.

Who else gets to go to a school where the professors pray with the class before starting? Where chapel is not only mandatory but actually a worshipful experience with the entire student body? Where students are encouraged to bring their Bibles to every class, English, Theology, Biology and Spanish alike? The spiritual community here is incredible, and pursuing God in all aspects of your life is put as a primary focus in all areas of study. I tell my friends that they are missing out on this kind of Christian community.

Wheaton is the most incredible school. The students, faculty, and staff here are amazingly kind and open-hearted. Professors often begin class or exams with prayer and are more focused on you as a student than getting research done to further their name in the academic world. The grace of God is ever-present in this school in chapel services, the dorms, the dining hall, and all campus events. I love this school and there is no way I could imagine myself anywhere else. The next four years are going to be the best!

Wheaton College is very different from most colleges today. Alcohol is not present on our campus and that is something I am very proud of. Students at Wheaton College pride themselves in having a fun and exciting 4 years without using alcohol. I pride myself in the fact that I have not seen a bottle or can of alcohol in the 3 years that I have been at Wheaton College.

We know coming in what kind of basic belief system the professors have, but there is a lot of freedom within that system. I've been pleasantly surprised by my professors' and friends' variety of perspectives considering the school is so ethnically homogeneous. People seriously wrestle with how to be a complete person and aren't satisfied with easy answers.

The great friendships and intentional friendliness and acceptance of everyone on campus. People are treated with the respect they deserve by their actions and behaviors, not by race or orientation.

Wheaton is friendly and community oriented, and I'm growing spiritually

There is great community