Wheaton College-Wheaton

« See more reviews of Wheaton College-Wheaton

Know beforehand what you can and cannot tolerate, who you want to be surrounded by, and what you expect to get out of college. Education, challenges, expansion of your tolerances and limits, and character formation are all good things to consider when picking a college.

Take time to talk to professors when you visit. Find a school with professors that are encouraging and want to get to know you. While at school, work hard, but play hard too. Get involved in something you are interested. Do an internship or study abroad.

Don't take yourself to seriously. Care about people, get to know them, listen to their stories. Take life seriously as necessary, but don't forget to laugh and not get yourself down for your mistakes.

Look at student ratings of schools. Talk to friends or family that has gone to a school that you are interested it. Don't leave it up to official school rating companies.

Be realistic about how hard you are willing and able to work and pick a school based on this assessment. Don't compromise, and look for good financial aid packages.

Wheaton isn't for everyone... but if you're looking for a challenging yet awesome experience in a Christian environment, Wheaton is the place to be.

Get a practical major. If it's an artsy major, get your education certificate.

Choose the school where you will learn and be challenged the most.

Pray before you apply to 20 different schools.

Pray before you make a decision.