Wheaton College-Wheaton Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wheaton College-Wheaton

Arah

The perfect balance of "fun" and "school" is different for everyone-but if you are willing to commit yourself to your work, Wheaton is a place that will make your time worth it. The classes here are definitely rigorous, but the professors are knowledgeable, invested, and available. The school will even pay for them to have lunch with you if there's a prof who's brain you'd like to pick. The food and housing are amazing by college standards (there is an ongoing rivalry between floors and dorms, not unlike frats/sororities), and the community is relatively small, but active. This is, however, not the place to party. There is a legacy of fun activities that the campus engages in, but it's a dry campus. People recognize that they're here to learn. Spiritual life is a huge component of Wheaton-it is taken seriously and profs will give you unique windows into faith & learning, but they also represent a wide range of Christian denominations. The campus is gorgeous and the proximity to Chicago is a definite plus.

Mollie

Wheaton is a thriving community of intelligent, passionate, and globally-minded Christians. The faculty and leadership put great emphasis on creating a community that facilitates dialogue between opposing viewpoints, while maintaining a Christian worldview. The academics are challenging, but professors are committed to giving students the resources they need to succeed both in class and in life.

Isaya

Wheaton is a college where professors are there for the students, which I know because they get paid barely anything. They want students to succeed, and go out of their way to make sure that they do. The community is also tight-knit and caring, with clubs that you can join for almost anything. If it doesn't exist, you can start your own.

Molly

Wheaton College is a great school. Most people see it as this haven of Christian Intellectual Culture, and then go through a period of disillusionment once they realize that we're not perfect (just like everyone else). Despite the expectation, Wheaton College will challenge you academically, socially, spiritually - in all the ways, basically. 100% worth it.

Samuel

Wheaton is a very warm and welcoming place. I swim on the varsity team and that has become my second family. The classes are interesting, and challenging, but the professors are very accessible and communicative. The dorm rooms are spacious and the food is usually quite good. Overall, I'm having the best time of my life with people that I can call friends!

Rebecca

As a first semester freshman, I can say there is no place I would rather attend college than Wheaton College. Academics are really important here, but there are many people involved in sports or other extra-curricular activities. Its location is incredible, fifteen minutes from a small downtown, or a fifteen minute walk to the train station that will take you on a 45 minutes train ride to Chicago. Location, food, atmosphere, it's all incredible. Wheaton has it's flaws, but so far I have been greatly encouraged by all of the incredible people, both professors and students. There isn't a partying atmosphere here, but there are an array of activities offered on every night, including weekends.

Jordan

Wheaton College is the best way to seek a liberal arts education. It’s not called the Harvard of Christian schools for nothing. The school allows its students to engage in academic rigor while also focusing on their spiritual journey. The school also provides students with an exceptional amount of exposure to different fields of study.

Between the high quality academics and amazing people, I have truly enjoyed my time at Wheaton College. The professors I've had so far have been great; they have been wonderful teachers and seem to really care about their student's lives. The culture is very unique- I personally love being a part of the authentically wholesome community.

J

James

Wheaton College is an incredible community that promotes learning, relationships, faith, and responsibility among the student body. Professors put in effort to connect with students and be available to them. More rigorous courses remind everyone that we are hear to learn. Sports are a big part of the on-campus environment, but the academics come first, as it should be at a liberal arts college. The campus always feels safe and is kept very clean.

Anon

Wheaton college is socially dead, and can make you as a student dislike the idea of Christian colleges all together. Yes, the academics here are out of this world, and the professors care a lot about the students and are very good at teaching, but beyond that, there is not much to do. It's hard to do well in classes, which is good, but yous till have free time, but nothing to do with it. If you don't find a way to get a car freshman year, you will be spending Friday and Saturday nights alone in your room.

Joseph

The students and professors are usually very interesting, intelligent and kind. A lot of type A people go to Wheaton, but there are a good number of communities in the student body for people--like me--who are a little more low key. Regardless, I enjoy the atmosphere, dorm life and culture.

Ashwin

Wheaton College is above all Christian-oriented and geared towards people who take their education seriously. This Christian college is not just challenging spiritually but also mentally. It is comparable even to Ivy Leagues such as Princeton and Harvard.

Shalom

I had a mixed experience there. It was a good institution for a certain type of person. As a woman of color I often felt like a guest on the campus. There were many racial incidents that happened while I was on campus, and I spent a lot of my time there trying to change the culture. At the same time many of my peers who fit in with the college loved their experience. I would caution people of color to talk to other alum of color before attending this University.

William

Awesome college that puts Christ at the focus and pursues excellence in every part of college life. Wheaton has allowed me to grow spiritually, academically, and foster many valuable friendships. Many of my professors have gone out of their way to know me and are more than willing to help mentor and guide you along your time in college and beyond.

Mary

I love Wheaton College. It is a great place to make life-long friends. Professors know their students and are always available. It's a beautiful, safe campus and there are many extracurricular opportunities to be involved in, as well as numerous volunteer opportunities. It's a great place to grow, in every aspect of life.

Silver

I consider it the best Christian College in the country with a renowned global reputation. Academics are top notch and it produces alumni who succeed in al industries. Its Center for Vocation and Career prepares students extremely well with programs to help students develop a vision for their lives beyond Wheaton. Great DIII sports gives this campus of 3,000 students a big feel. Beautiful suburban campus with train service to downtown Chicago 25 miles away and only a five minute walk to a quaint downtown Wheaton with coffee shops, restaurants and stores. Wheaton is THE college for excellent students who want to continue growing in their Christian Faith AND not sacrifice intellectual/academic rigor.

Maria

I really like Wheaton College, and I would really encourage people to go there, especially if they are looking for a good Christian liberal arts school. The college is a committed Christian college, it has great academic programs and degree choices, and the people are wonderful.

Audrey

Not fun. Every one here is so serious and judgey. When you walk around campus it kind of feels like you have to be quiet and put your head down. High pressure high achieving vibes all around you. People don’t know how to let loose even on the weekends, everyone is studying or at church. It is very hard to find things to do on the weekends.

Janelle

I love this college. My mom went there, most of my aunts and uncles, my cousins. So Wheaton is a well loved college by my family. I am planning on attending this college and I am so excited to have this opportunity. It is a strong Christian college, so people's faith grown immensely and that is extremely important to me.