Wheeling, WV
Wheeling Jesuit University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wheeling Jesuit University

Its small enough so your professors know you by name

Its small enough so your professors know you by name

some one who is serious about their future and want a hands on learning process

Do not put things off to the last minute. You have to learn to manage your time wisely to be able to study, work, and still have some down time which is also a must. Being an athlete and being competetive helps with the self drive which is also a must because you don't have someone holding your hand or constantly pushing you to do better. Remember: this is Your future, make the most of it for Yourself!

daneyelle

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, the kind of advice I would give to myself is to always think positive and to never give up. I would also tell myself to work hard at everything I do because it pays off in the long run. One thing for sure is to believe in yourself and to always strive for best in order to succeed in life. That's the kind of advice I would give to myself.

My classmates are mostly caucasion, there is not a lot of ethnic diversity at Wheeling Jesuit; they tend to be engaged in materials and open to discussion.

If I could speak to my former self, I would reassure myself about the college selection process. It is very challenging to pick a college, but as long as you examine your values and needs, as opposed to other people's opinions, then you will be able to choose a college that you can adapt to. The first few months of college aren't going to be all about making instant friends, and constantly being busy and involved. You might feel lonely and homesick during your first semester. Don't worry, everyone feels this way to an extent. Simply transferring is not going to help. If you're in a new environment you are going to feel a bit anxious at first. The friends and the activities will come, and when they do you will be glad that you didn't drop out or transfer. You're also not going to get into your majors classes right away, you'll have to take general requirements. Once you adjust, get into specific majors classes, and become involved, you will love your college and you will develop lifelong relationships. Just make sure that you put yourself out there; you'll be fine.

Some extracurricular activities can be expensive.

Anna

Considering my major, this school was a very wise choice for me. The theology program is excellent and I truly got what I paid for with respect to what I learned.

The school, though it offers decent financial aid is fairly expensive. Also, the facilities aren't as nice as they should be for the price students pay.

This school is not for someone who is going to college for a good time and is not willing to put a decent amount of effort into their academic life.

Caitlin

College is so different than high school; no one cares who you are or who you were. Everyone is just there to get their stuff done and go home. I love college for that reason. I love going to school. College has made me grow up a lot and has made me more responsible. College is one of the best things I could have done. During this last semester, I learned what I want to do when I graduate. I am going to get my Masters Degree in Psychology and I am going to work with a program in Maricopa County that treats young women who have been sexually assaulted. That would be the most rewarding thing for me to do and i can't wait to get involved with it. College has made me think a lot about my future and very little about what I am going to do that weekend. I no longer live for the moment, I live for my future and I am not going to mess it up. I will achieve my dreams and I will be successful, and college is going to help me along the way.

Eric

Being a top Jesuit University in the country, liberal arts, athletic training.

Being a top Jesuit University in the country, liberal arts, athletic training.

So far, I have gotten out of my college experience a sense of a new education. The Jesuit education is more than just regular core. It educates the whole person and caring for the mind, body and spirit of every student. It allows students to receive an education for life, leadership and service with and among others.

Ryan

The size is the unique part of this school, you never feel like just a number.

The size is the unique part of this school, you never feel like just a number.

My college experience has been great so far. The administration made it a very easy transition for me from high school to college. The fact that my school is small makes it alot easier to get help from the professors, administrators and coaches. It has been very valuable to attend for many reasons. I have never lived away from my family and never had to take care of alot of things on my own. I have learned to stand on my own two feet and accomplish what needs to be done. I also moved from a large urban area to Wheeling WV, this was a shock at first but I have come to love the best of both the worlds in which I live.

The university is located in a beautiful setting, it is small but the school organizations make sure you stay really busy in your off time.

Zachery

I am in the military and work in the intelligence field. Attending college to advance my skillset and knowledge was invaluable in making me a better analyst and Soldier in our nation's armed forces. I hope to continue my education into the graduate level as early as possible, with a little help from financial aid sources.

My school is very small but also very friendly.

My school is very small but also very friendly.

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to not underestimate college. I thought high school was easy and I thought college would be just about the same. I would tell myself that I was wrong and I would need to study really hard and take good notes during classes. I would also tell myself that I should not be stubborn and just get help as soon as I need it.

The best thing about my school is the acedemics because all the teachers really care about your grades. Your advisors also really care about your grades and it is very easy to get help.

Wheeling Jesuit University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.