Wheeling, WV
Wheeling Jesuit University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wheeling Jesuit University

My school is very small but also very friendly.

My school is very small but also very friendly.

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to not underestimate college. I thought high school was easy and I thought college would be just about the same. I would tell myself that I was wrong and I would need to study really hard and take good notes during classes. I would also tell myself that I should not be stubborn and just get help as soon as I need it.

The best thing about my school is the acedemics because all the teachers really care about your grades. Your advisors also really care about your grades and it is very easy to get help.

Daniel

All of my classmates are well educated students wanting to gain a better understanding of there specific feild of study.

We are best known for our vast feild of business.

I would inform myself to relax and just do my best. One of the main topics I would tell myself would be to apply for as many scholarships as possible. I would say this to make it easier on my studies now. So that I do not have to go to class for twenty hours a week then go to work when I am not in class. Also, I would inform myself of this to gain more sleep than the five to six hours a night that I get. Do to all of the homework that I have to complete. Another point I would bring up is to take as many AP classes as possible to lighten up on some of the more basic classes that have to be taken. So as to take more classes that are for my major instead of the remedial classes that everyone has to take.

Andrea

they are very interesting

they are very interesting

I would say it was easier than I expected. I live 6 hours from campus and adjusted very well to being so far away from home. There are a few things I woudl have done differently out here for the first time, like study harder, get involved in some more activites and just experience some more things out here.

someone who is not ready to work hard

Crystal

Wheeling Jesuit University is an overpriced school with an obsession with alcohol.

Students need to not be scared to ask the questions that really matter. Things such as alcohol and partying can play a higher role in the school's atmosphere than one may expect. These types of activities can greatly effect the way one's college experience can go! Parents need to remember that no matter how perfect they believe their child is, college is a hard transition and need to remember that sometimes one's grades may not be the perfect A's from high school. The college experience is too short to waste being miserable. In the end the most important part of college besides the education is that the student has fun! Pick the school that just simply feels right. Trust your instincts, and remember that you are your own person. Peer pressure can be tricky, but you can always fight it and be a better individual.

The people that I have met so far as well as my Economics professor are really the only positives about Wheeling Jesuit University.

Upon searching for the perfect, individualized college one should compare all the top choices. Things to compare include, but are not limited to the following: financial aide, size of classes, size of the campus, options of housing, accreditation of the major that is being perused, and the passing graduation percentile for that particular major. Advice to be learned would be that college is what you make it. For someone to get the best experience out college one needs to learn, first and foremost, how to balance a social life with a responsible work ethic. From personal experience, the best way for a student to control his or her own experience would be to either obtain a position on the college?s student council board or just go to the meetings to voice an opinion. Finally, try not to allow the financial issues to run either a parent?s experience or the student?s. These days money needs to be sacrificed for a great education, but a great education is one of the best goals to have. College is what you make it; so with friends and family for support, make it the best experience you have and never hold back.

I wish I would have known how hard it would be to get scholarships or grants for college. After filling out over 200 surveys and applications and only aquiring $1,000 out of the $48,000 I need to graduate, I find myself wishing I would have known more.

Comming up with the tuition that is not covered by the financial aide that I recieved is causing me the most frustration. I had to take out private student loans to cover the cost and now I am going to be in over my head in debt when I graduate.

Laura

Deciding which college to attend is difficult. Before actually experiencing college, everything is vague; the choice is made by looking at buildings, prices, and majors/minors. Although this is a good starting point, there is a lot more to school than these concrete categories. Just because a school looks good on paper does not mean it is the ideal school for the student. The only way to find the appropriate school is by trial, and a good starting point is orientation. Here, a student can get a feel for the campus and his/her peers. It is an opportunity to meet friends before entering a new environment. Upon moving in, seeing familiar faces will be very comforting. The student must also learn to make the most of the school. Becoming involved is a great way to both meet people and get his/her mind off the stresses of the college workload. Although studying is important, it is also necessary that he/she allow time for a social life; after all, it is in college that one finds his/her lifelong friends. Good luck!

The teachers act like their classes are the only ones we are taking. I spend more time than i would like to studying.

The college experience is a choice that should not be taken lightly. I honestly wished that if I had the opportunity to do it all over again I would do it differently, however most people say that in hind-sight bias. I think the most important part of choosing a college or university is to find what fits for you. You need to discover what you want to do and then figure out what you want out of school. Thoose two questions will help you figure out if you need a larger school, an art-focused school, or a school with strong athletic background. It is important to know what you want, if not right away then you should figure out somewhere else to go. Parents should definately not discourage their child from going anywhere they want even in a finnancial situation if is more important to find happiness than to find a low-cost school.

My volleyball team and the friends i've made

Brandy

The best way to make the most out of college is to totally and completely emerse yourself into, first , your field of study and then all the activities the college or university has to offer. By doing this, one will not loose sight of academic sucess as well as being able to look back without regret on your college experience.

Even though it is an expensive university, the best thing about Wheeling Jesuit University is that one has the opportunity to meet people of many walks of life and almost everyone in the student body is willing to help those in need. Helping others and giving back to the community is stressed by the administration of my school because it is a Jesuit university.

This university is extremely expensive and should not be attended by an individual who is either not dedicated to studying or is not sure of what field he or she is planning to study. The dorm life can be frustrating because even if one has adequate priorities, one may find himself or herself in a situation where the area is too polluted with noise for studying. It is also extremely difficult to find a place elsewhere in the building to study.

Wheeling Jesuit University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.