Boston, MA
Wheelock College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wheelock College

Do not settle in regards to the choice of college you want to attend. It is hard knowing now what life will be like for the next four years as you attend college, but let me tell you this- you only go to college once, so make the next four years worth it by choosing the school you want to attend the most. Life passes you by so quickly, and before you know it you will be a senior in college getting ready to graduate. Therefore, you need to do what is going to be best for you and what will make you the happiest. Try not to worry about your future too much, and do what you need to do in order to enjoy yourself while still receiving the education you know you want and deserve. Do not settle in your life journey. Do not settle for anything less than amazing. You deserve the best, so do not doubt yourself and your future; make it happen!

I believe the worst thing about Wheelock College, as I stated above, is its high prices. Again, it is hard for poorer students to attend Wheelock because of its price, even though everyone that attends Wheelock wants to do good in this world in one way or another. As prices continue to rise, it will continue to become harder and harder for students to be able to pay for their Wheelock College education.

The most frustrating thing about Wheelock College is its price. As a private institution in Boston, it has very high tuition and room/board prices. This makes it difficult for students who come from poorer backgrounds to attend Wheelock, even though they want to receieve the best education they can. As an Elementary Education major, it is hard for me to accept the fact that I genuinely want to make a difference in the world, but it is hard for me to accomplish this feat due to my college's high prices.

Mary

I would tell myself to be less anxious and just enjoy the carefree time you have because it doesn't take long until the bills start adding up.

Schyler

Wheelock is so centered on education and dedicated to improving the lives of children and families. This is something that I admired when I first looked at Wheelock, and something that I did not see at other colleges. As a future teacher, I was excited to get to Wheelock to experience all that they had to offer me related to the education field. Other colleges that are supposedly good "education" schools, did not seem to have the passion behind their program like Wheelock has behind theirs.

There are several things that I would tell myself if I could go back in time. First, I would probably tell myself to look into cheaper options, such as attending a community college at first, and then transferring to a larger school. Also, I would tell myself to try to apply for more financial aid while in high school, look at cheaper colleges, and to get an extra job while in high school to start saving. Another thing I would tell myself is to make friends quickly! Even though its not my typcial personality to be extremely outgoing and put myself out there, I tried to do so at orientation and the first few weeks of school. This really paid off because I made several friends that I know I will have for the rest of my life. I can honestly say that I have made those "bridesmaid" friends, or the girls who I know will be my bridesmaids in my wedding! Another piece of advice I would share with myself is to stay true to yourself. There is so much pressure at college to be someone who you really arent, but I've remained myself all through this time.

I wish I had realized how small Wheelock is. I like the small classroom sizes, however I do not like the small social aspect. There are less students at Wheelock than there were at my high school. Also, a couple hundred students are commuters, and many others go home on the weekends, which is likely why there is never anything too exciting happening on weekend days.

Alexa

I would tell myself that everything that colloeg students say to you when you are in high school is true. College is nothing like high school. You really are on your own and you make your own decisions. The homework you do is not something that can be done in a couple minutes or an hour, it takes a couple hours to do work and there is a lot of it. However, at the end, it is all worth it as long as you work hard.

I tell them how Wheelock has this great atmosphere where everybody knows one another and the proffessors actually know your name.

Kendra

If I were a Senior in High School knowing what I know now about college I would advise myself to start working on time management skills earlier. It is really challenging to manage your time in college, because there is not the structure I had supporting me in high school. I would have practiced ho to manage time better because classes are at different times everyday and even though it looks like you have tons of time the reality is that you do not. That time that I thought I had free to do homework filled up with clubs, school activities, and friends. I wish I had challenged myself to schedule more so I could have gotten use to being organized like I am now.Also, I would advise "past me" that it would be hard being away from family for a long time. I would advise myself to stay at school as long as I could because if you go home too soon it can be harder to come back. I stayed a month before going home and should have stayed longer. I would remind myself that it also gets better and isn’t supposed to be easy.

I wish that Ihad known how much money I would be spending in a city such as Boston. It is very exciting and there are laways things to do, but it is also very expensive to live in a city. I wish I had been warned about how expensive it would be going to school in Boston.

At Wheelock College the academic and peer environment is very friendly. In my classes I have a one on one relationship with my teachers. We call our professors by their first names. They know not only who we are, but who we are an individuals as well. There is not a single way to hide in the background. The classes are very discussion based and very hands on involved. Academically I have never done so well in school. I love how supportive the learning environment is. Also the peole are so friendly, its a small school so everyone knows everyone.

Miranda

Well I was a high school senior last year, so instead I would choose to go back to myself as a freshman. I started going to community college in 10th grade, and I would tell my freshman self to start community college then, rather than wait a year. In an extra year, I could have taken more classes and gotten more experience under my belt. If I had taken more classes back then, I would have been able to transfer to a 4 year university last fall instead of having to wait. My lack of enthusiasm about college back then has definitely effected when I will go to college now. I would tell my freshman self to work harder and not be so laid back in my first two years of highschool so I would have more done transitioning into a full-time community college student.

Katie

If I could give one piece of advice to my high school self, it would be to GET INVOLVED in extra-curricular activities on campus. In college, I joined a co-ed a cappella group, and it defined my collegiate experience. We rehearsed twice a week and performed frequently on campus and all over the city of Boston.Being in an a cappella group taught me about dedication, commitment, accountability, and time management. Each week, I had twelve people counting on me to show up, and although we were all incredibly busy with school and social activities, we knew how important it was for us to get together each week and make music. Singing with an a cappella group also made me more a confident person and played a significant role in my feelings of community engagement in college. When I reflect on my college years, I don’t remember the hours spent writing papers in the library. I remember working hard with a group of talented, motivated, dedicated young men and women. I remember hours and hours of rehearsal, I remember laughter and tears, and I remember the formation of friendships that I’m confident will be long- lasting.

People who don't care about children and families, volunteering or community service.

Keveisha

My school is extremely helpful, great learning environment, and somewhere where you aways learn new things.

My classmates are always striving to help people who are underrepresented.

Dear Keveisha, Remember when you said, "oh yea I should stay on campus"? If you are thinking about staying on campus just remember that there are some people who you might not get along with. Also think about whether or not it would be more convenient to commute, especially if you are thinking about staying in state. I know your parents would like you to get the full college experience but remember more than anything this is your experience. Do what you want to do and have fun while doing it. Remember that these are four years that you will never get back and also remember that the reason you are going to school is to help out the people from your neighborhood. I want you to know that it is okay to change your mind about what you are coming to college for. Most of all stay true to yourself. I love you and you are going to do great things in your life. Love, Me

Kevin

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to be better prepared. I would say to take things a bit more seriously and stop leaving everything for the last minute. I would say that It isn't going to be easy and at times you're going to want to just give up but it's all part of a process. That process involve going through a lot of hard work so don't get discouraged and don't mix your school work with your social life. Things get out of hand fast. Other than that I think I wouldn't need anything else. That's all the advice I would give myself.

Nural

Wheelock College is a school where making friends is easier than it was in kindergarten. The people on campus might not be the most academically motivated but they are some of the kindest and most caring people that you will ever meet. Our faculty and students are very diverse and our faculty come from very highly respected backgrounds and have a lot of experience in the field that they teach about. Wheelock is very small which means we have a great student to teacher ratio. It's a great place to go and the location is fantastic.

My classmates are open minded and kind hearted people. When my friends from back home visit they always ask me "why is everyone so friendly here?" Wheelock is a school whose moto is "inspiring a world of good" and my classmates certainly try their best to live up to that motto. We all want to make the world a better place. My classmates are very diverse and I love getting to know each and every one of them. This is quite an easy feat at a school as small as Wheelock is.

I would tell myself not to worry about whether I chose the right school or whether I'll make friends and succeed in college. It might be hard being away from home at first, because I am not able to care for my brother who has special needs, but what I am doing in college means that I will be able to provide for a better future for him. I would also tell myself not to be afraid to take risks. Wheelock has taught me how to stand up for what I believe in and how to assert myself, which is something that I didn't know how to do in high school. I would tell myself that although I am sad and scared about leaving high school and my friends behind, I will find something even greater at Wheelock. Looking back at how nervous I was about coming to college I can't help but laugh because now I can't imagine myself anywhere else. The classes may be harder but I am learning about what I want to do in life which makes the process all the more rewarding.

Wheelock College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.