Boston, MA
Wheelock College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wheelock College

amanda

Improving the lives of children and families.

Improving the lives of children and families.

If I could go back and give myself advice I would tell myself ask for extra help when it is needed and others will help. Don't procrastinate . Make friends. Get involved. Believe in yourself Fight for your dreams you can be anything you want as long as you work hard for it HAVE FUN

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who wants to work with children and families. Wheelock focuses on teaching, soical work and juvenile Justice. Someone who loves to get involved in their commiunity and help others. Our school has small classess and teachers who really care about their students. We have great relationships with our teachers. If you need help in any subject our school has free tutoring, a writting center and there your close friends. If you want friendships that will last a life time , wheelock is the place to be.

Dashawnda

Never give up and if you feel like your under stress, just breathe.

Never give up and if you feel like your under stress, just breathe.

The work load and stress that came with college and how to handle it.

Kailah

I will tell my self to not lost sight on your goal. Join as many clubs/activities as you can on campus without overwhelming yourself. Never room with a friend.

Small college feel with big city enviroment. As well as the faculty-student relations are excellent.

That it is a small school, it can tend to get quite dull.

Cianalyn

Wheelock College in one sentence would be: A place where they inspire everyone to become a positive citizen in society.

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice; I would say two things. One, be on top of all your work. Time management is a huge thing in becoming successful in college. Two, become more involved on campus. Don't be afraid to join all the clubs you want to even if your "social circle" isn't involved in them. Every decision you make in college is a decision made for yourself.

The type of person that should attend Wheelock College is someone who has a love for children. Someone who wants to continue to make a postive impact on society. A prospective student is someone who has the love to succeed in a small but close knit communtiy.

Anna

My classmates are very passionate about their future feilds of work.

My classmates are very passionate about their future feilds of work.

I would tell myself that no matter how self-assured anyone is looking, everyone is nervous. Take those early risks, like being the first person to speak up in class, because that's how you make good relationships with your professors and peers. Don't be afraid to take on too much- the more activities you get involved with the more friends and fun you'll have. Start acting on your passions right away and ask for help when you need it. Campus resources are there for a reason so use them! Most of all, don't sweat the small stuff and go out and take advantage of your beautiful city.

Someone who doens't know what they want to do with their life.

Christina

I would tell myslef to pay more attention to financial aid. Yes a college has to be a good fit, and Wheelock was a great school for what I whanted to do but sadly money plays a big role in role in the college process, but itis very easy to overlook it when your just waiting to get a letter saying you got in. Alot of seniors including myslef thought once you got your letter that was it. Send it your deposit and itis easy from there. Being the only sibiling out of three to go school my parents didnt know anything about the financial process. Im doing okay after attending many financial aid workshops at Wheelock, but if I could do this all over again, in all honesty I would have applied to every state school in Massachusetts.

We have a strong major program for education, child life, and social work but sadly that is all there is to offer. We do have other majors like Math and English, whitch is on the liberal side but 80% of students are looking to become teachers. So for those students looking to become something other then a teacher or social worker itis hard. It would be nice to have more options.

A person that wants to work with children or people. If you want to become a teacher or a social worker, this is best! Anyone who doenst like children will have a hard time at this school considering you have to intern at a school your first semester as a freshmen.

Tonique

If i were talking to myself as a high school senior i would only say a few wise words of advice. I would first tell myself to ignore what the television portrays as the college experience, because it is nothing like that. Then i would tell myself not to be too overwhelmed or nervous when starting because once you get the hang of everything you will be fine. Next i would tell myself that i need to keep in mind that i am there for a reason and the work isn't going to do itself. So don't get caught up in your social life because your grades will go down hill; you definantly don't want that especially with the amount of tuition your mom will be paying each year. The last thing i would say is relax, take a deep breath, and apply to this college because in the end they have the exact professional study that you want to explore. Tonique you're going to love it!

Something i wish i had knew before i came to this school is that it was a private school. Another thing i wish i had knew was that oncce you begin classes it is harder to transfer out, becaus eof the type of credit system they have. The last thing i wish i knew baou tthis school before coming here was more information about the cafe. Such as food service and hours.

The type of person tthat should attend this school ar epeople who don't want to attend universities or very big schools. People who are not afraid to go out on their own and make friends.

Brian

When I was a senior in high school I had it in my mind that I would go to a college in Arizona and be a video game designer, and I can't say how wrong I really was about that, and while I did gain some valuable knowledge, skills, social talents, abilities, became a christian, developed some friendships, and overall developed... I also dealt with some serious problems, such as eviction, massive debt, the economic downfall that made me withdrawl from my private school, and the loss of all my credits, as well as having nearly 10,000 in cumulative dollars stolen from me by a "friend". Needless to say I've dealt with a lot, and my family hasn't been all that supportive, but when I got back into school at a community college my life continued to change with huge downfalls and depressive times, but if I could undo it... I'm not sure I would. The advice I'd give myself as a senior would be to stay optimistic and not give up, as that's what I've needed to do to this point.

Anna

Open, fun-loving, determined, love children!

Open, fun-loving, determined, love children!

Dear Anna*, Don't put too much pressure on yourself at first. There will be so many opportunities, classes, and new people to meet, that it's easy to get overwhelmed and try everything at once. If you attempt to do them all you won't be able to appreciate a single one. Pick two or three that you really think you'll like and stick to them. Branch out later in the year, if there's still more you want to do. But don't be afraid to go activities sponsered by other clubs you aren't a member of. You didn't pay a student activity fee for nothing! Take risks! Those first days of classes and friendships will begin to define who you are as a person and as a student. The worst you can do is embarass yourself and you can just laugh that off. Do the crazy exercise in front of the whole class that your professor wants one volunteer for. He'll respect you for the rest of the semester. Just remember to still be kind and know when to keep your head down. People will love you for that too! Love, Anna*

The best thing about Wheelock is the feild experience opportunities that accompany the incredible classroom time. You can apply the theories you learn from your professors directly to practical experience as you're learning about them. It's really helpful to actually be able to put into practice what you're learning and then come back and talk about it with your professor and peers.

Bileisi

Going to College has been a dream come true. Knowing that my mother was not able to attend college and that I will be the first attending college in the family, made me feel proud of my self. I am able to become more independent and understand that now everything I do in college and outside college is my responsibility and I must make sure to do the right thing. I do encourage those students that are in high school to take education seriously and to know that there success come once they completed their education in college.

A person who is passion about improving the lifes of others. A person who is dedicated to their work and would do anything to fulfill their dreams and goal. Wheelock searches for students who are willing to put others before themselves, and help others become successful in any situation that they may be confronting in life.

I totally love the fact that in your first year as a freshman at Wheelock, you are giving the opportunity to work in the fields you are interested in persuaying as your career

Wheelock College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.