Boston, MA
Wheelock College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wheelock College

Autymn

It is very small with alot more one on one work with professors available.

It is very small with alot more one on one work with professors available.

I believe that the Social Work and Juvenile Justice & Youth Advocacy Programs at Wheelock College, although the only undergrad programs in the Boston area, could use alot of improvements but have also taught me alot about the field I will be working in after graduation. With alot of hands on and practice work, the Social Work professors make it easy for students to understand strategies and research work processes. I also have enjoyed my practicum so far this year and although have had small issues with the searching process, have grown to love the work I do with my clients. Having this internship and courses provide correlation, I can say helps make me value the education I have received here. I have seen other students over the past 3 years not take advantage of their education, but also follow those who asren't doing well and the advice I would give to future students is to take full advantage although this school may not have turned out to be the experience they thought it would be.

the cafeteria food does not seem to be fresh at all times (fruits, vegetables) and also the school does seem culturally segregated at times. I would also like to point out that the staff in financial aid aren't always friendly, welcoming, and willing to answer questions to the students who seem to need the most financial help.

Benita

As a entering freshman to wheelock i feel that my college experience will be wonderful. Being in Boston I have the whole city of boston to explore.

I wish i would have known how much money I would have to pay out of pocket.

The most frustrating thing about wheelock is that there is never parking around the riverway. If you want to park some where close you will have to pay.

justin

i have leared a lot in the past week i been in school i love my school i just like working on cars and thats why im am attending school to better my mind an learn more where i can find a better job and have a better furter when i finshen school and the valuable i got from the school i attend is i have learn more then i have learned in the past 2 years i did in high school

Rachael

Wheelock is best known for providing an education in the helping fields. Many students attend Wheelock to become social workers, teachers, or child life specialists. The people that attend the school, for the most part, have similar values and morals. Most students are caring people and want to help others.

I can honestly say I love my school. It’s the perfect fit for me. The class size, my peers, and faculty are all reasons why I love Wheelock. I’ve learned so much from the Wheelock community, both inside and outside the classroom. I like being surrounded by people that have the same passions and values that I do. People come to Wheelock because they want to help others. I came to this school because I wanted to aid people who needed a helping hand. I knew that Wheelock could help me do that to the best of my ability. What I didn’t know was that I would find so many people who felt the same as I did. The Wheelock Community has embraced and taught me so much. It is by far my favorite part of the College. I have made many lifelong friends and will be sad to leave Wheelock when the time comes. Yet I will take everything I’ve learned here and look forward to my future.

Tuition at Wheelock is very high. Everything about the school is great. The only thing I wish was different is the cost. I have taken out serveral loans to attend Wheelock. Those loans are the only regrets I have about attending Wheelock College.

I have gotten confidence and happiness from my college experience. I have always been told that I am an intelligent person and can do whatever I put my mind to, but Wheelock has really affirmed that belief for me. The people that I attend this school with are some of the best people I have ever met in my entire life. I have gained 3 best best friends from this experience and I can honestly say zero enemies. Everytime I complain or wonder why I chose to go to school I just think about the mission and know that it's all worth it. The ambition to improve the lives of children and families is what brought me to Wheelock and it is what makes me stay each and every day.

Lizzette

Challenge yourself more. The only rock in the road is yourself. There are people who want to see you fail, but there is a larger population of people who want to help you and see you succeed. It is only a matter of trying and reaching out for help when you need it. There are opportunities out there and you need to find them and grasp them. Anything is possible if you really want it. Reach for the moon if you want, for if you cannot reach it, there are thousands of stars that would be in your reach anyways. You have to push yourself because no one else will. Everyone goes to college with a purpose in mind, so be careful who you become acquainted with. Make sure they have the same focus and desire for education for influences can effect you and help you if you chose the right ones. And finally, network! Now is the time to find people who can help you down the line in your career and you can help in return. Build your web of resources to help you reach your goals and just give everything 110% and never give up.

The people. I came here not knowing anyone really, but I have quickly made friends with the nice people. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, and just as eager to network as I am.

The most frustrating thing about my school can be the food. Being vegan, there are some vegan foods offered, but not a huge variety. I do appreciate them using the money for bigger things, but it is a sarcifice that affects me directly.

Sade

My school is for people who want to help others.

My school is for people who want to help others.

I would advise myself not to be fearful of my new endeavors and that great knowledge and friendships would lie ahead. I would tell myself to step outside of my comfort zone and go forth with passion. I would tell myself not to view mistakes and hardships of the past as weaknesses and regrets, but as learning experiences. Without struggles you cannot achieve true success. I would say ? Sade, this is only the beginning and life itself is your greatest opportunity.?

Wheelock is for humanitarians

sharrell

Particpant in more school activities. Be yourself more cause if you love yourself it doesn't matter what other people think. Play like you know how. Why be afraid? Stop crawling in life. Sharrell you have to jump sometimes.

someone who likes to be in big classes rooms. someone who isnt very friendly.

Matthew

From what I understand so far, my school is big for people who want to be teachers, or work with children. The majority of majors will go towards teaching kids k-12. Also the campus is pretty nice too.

I had a unique situation in college. I did not apply for any colleges in the Boston area, but my fiance got into Emerson college. I chose to follow her to Boston so she did not have to go to Hofstra, where we were both accepted. Without even being acepted to any schools I moved there, and went to Bunker Hill Community College for a semester while applying for schools. This was a huge hassel, and wasted some time and money. If I was to know how my college situation had turned out as a high school senior, I would have made it a point to apply for schools in Boston only. This would have been a much easier transition, because my apartment is far from Wheelock College where I am attending starting January 20, 2010, and I would know to claim myself on my taxes much sooner, so that the FAFSA would show how much money I really do not have. It is a real struggle to pay for my apartment and now for a school that is much too expensive for me. If I had known all of this earlier my transition would have been much easier.

The cost of school is really the most frustrating part. The school is about 30,000 before room and board, which for a student like myself with little money it makes it very hard to pay for. This frustration isn't just my college though, most colleges are very expensive, and witht he situation I am in I get little to no financial aid, and do not have the money to pay for it.

Wheelock College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.