Boston, MA
Wheelock College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wheelock College

Heather

As a high school senior, I had very low self confidence. When applying to schools, my biggest fear was being accepted as the person i was. As a gay woman I had faced an extreme amount of predjudice at my high school and was afriad that college would be the same experience. Looking back today, I would have told myself that there are people in this world who will not accept you an understand who you are, but that's okay. I believe this peice of advice would have allowed me, as a terrified college freshman, to start that school being who I was, instead of hiding in my shell for months. I believe it is extrememly important for any person to know that who they are as a person won't be judged by their peers. I took this to the extreme. I wish I had been able to tell myself that this school would wrap its arms around me and allow me to be who I was and would help me to become an upstanding adult. I thank this school for helping me become who I am today

The best part about this school is it's size. Wheelock College is very small. my mother likes to say that it could fit on a postage stamp. To me, it's perfect. Everything is accesible when you need it, which makes it easy to find a professor or faculty member when you need them. Also, with the library being so close it's easier to motivate yourslef to study. The size of the school also allows the students to know each other at least by sight which is beneficial to those who like to know the people around them.

It's very hard for me to pinpoint the worst thing about my school. I love my school and it's very hard for me to think of something bad about it. i suppose the worst part is that the total cost of the school is well over $40,000 this year and will increase again for the next academic year. Our school has run into some financial problems, so it is rather hard to get enough financial aid to attend this school.

Angie

Working with students to improve the life of children and family.

Working with students to improve the life of children and family.

College education is very important to proceed in whatever one is aspiring to be in the near future. Thus my advise will be for me or any one in high school to continue ahead and have his or her college education because it paysoff sooner or later.

Wheelock's good teaching skills.

Stefanie

High school is a reality show gone wild. The education is secondary to the drama and wild intensity of a building full of teenagers. College is like deliverance into a world that allows true development of one's intellect and personality. As a high school senior you spend alot of time concerned with how your peers perceive you instead of spending that time considering your own self-worth. My advice is to be true to yourself and be less concerned with others perception of you. I would also advise that you find a school that fits your style and your beliefs both in high school and college. I would urge to be good to yourself and take time to enrich your life with activities that feed your soul . I would ask more questions in class and forget what other people mught think about your question. Most importantly I would recommend to just relax and laugh!

Jonah

Well know in the community for producing teachers, child life specialists and other professionals who work with children. Focus is children and families unlike most other schools.

I would tell my high school senior self that I would need to maintain a higher work ethic than I had in school I would also have told my self to work on time managment skills at the end of high school. That would have reduced the stress of having to complete so many assinments in such a short time. I also feel that had I worked harder on my writing in high school i would have had less to learn in college. The idea of coming to college always stressed me out because it would be a change in the surroundings that I would not be looking forward to. I do however feel that if I had been told that college was no difficult just different time management, I would not have belived them. I also feel that the college experience is different for every person and I knew that in high school, so I do not know if I would have belived anything about college. I may have been stressed about college, but I do enjoy creating my own experiences and interactions. I have also made friends with many different students at the college.

Kimberly

They are helpful, understanding and very kind hearted.

They are helpful, understanding and very kind hearted.

I would make sure that parents tell their students to apply for as many scholarships as possible. I would also make sure that if they are applying for loans to make sure to stay in touch with the fiancal aid officer. The Student should also make compromises with their roommate for the best college experience. Don't think that you are only going to apply to one college because you really want to go there. Always have back ups. You never know, your back up could be better than your number one.

Any student that wants to be any type of teach and that enjoys small class sizes but being in the city. Also anybody that wants to go into the arts or the theater.

Bibiana

just enjoy your time at school as much as you can because it flies by really fast.

anyone who is interested in teaching or education. people who dont like small school however, should not attend this institution.

the location of the school as well as the people that go there.

Jenna

My classmates are friendly, helpful and welcoming, Wheelock has a great diversity of students from all backgrounds who are not scared to share their experiences and expertise.

Wheelock College is a small community where you can find everything you are looking for just by asking. All the students are dedicated and friendly, and studying at a school where you call your professors by their first names really enables easy discussions and a relaxed learning environment

To students looking for a college to attend, look for a school that not only looks to support your intended major or field of study but also consider your other interests and find a school with clubs or organizations that support these interests, college is a time to broaden your view of the world that you live in and getting out it to the big wide world may be scary but after that first step there is no telling where your life can lead.

A learning community where everything is directed towards working with children.

In my oppinion, if you're having doubts about what subject you would like to major in, choose a liberal arts school. I made the wrong decision by going to a school with a clear focus in working with children when I wasn't entirely positive I wanted to do that. Because I have switched my major, the best thing for me to do was transfer. Many students transfer but I feel as though I am starting over, making me feel as if I'm very far behind in my college carreer.

The population is mostly girls resulting in very clique-y behavior.

Melanie

It's work and study of children.

It's work and study of children.

The small size. You really get to know everyone on campus, but can also explore Boston if you want more of a city experience.

The best advice I would give to parents and/or students about finding the right college is that the decision must be about them. You cannot choose your school based on where your friends are going, nor can you pick a school solely on its location. You have to decide what interests you, and where you see yourself in the future. Once you do this, then you can look into schools that have corresponding programs. My second piece of advice is to keep in mind how much your education is going to cost, how you are going to pay for it, and if your degree will help you earn enough money to pay back those student loans. It definately pays off to look into the future job market and see where you might be in 5 or 10 years.

Laura

During my senior year of high school I was debating on wheather I wanted to stay close to home or move away. I was sure that I was going to go to a college right down the road from my house. However, someone from Wheelock college came in to inform my Early Childhood Education class about thier school and I was immediately drawn to it. The only thing that I was hesitant about was that it was in Boston, MA. and that I was going to have to move away from home. As most teens can relate, I had friends and family whom I didn't want to leave behind. My parents encouraged me to make the best decision for me and me only. In the end, I decided to weave my path in life through Wheelock College and it was the best decision I have ever made in my life. I furthered my education in more ways than one and did even better than I did in high school; on top of that made some amazing friends who want to improve the lives of children and families just as much as I do. Follow your heart.

The best thing about Wheelock is the fact that you get the best of both worlds. The comfortableness of a small school in a big city. The school is only about a block long - with the acceptance of a few other campus buildings - yet it is in the middle of an amazing city. There is no better way to go to college in the city in my opinion.

The only thing that I would say my school should improve on is the meal varieties in the cafeteria. Even though there are meals for everyone - including vegetarians, vegans, etc. - there is still some difficulty with people who have food allergies such as onions, etc.

Wheelock College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.