Wheelock College

« See more reviews of Wheelock College

The biggest flaw of Wheelock College is also one of its greatest strengths: it's size. Wheelock has a very small population of students. This creates unbeatable teacher-to-student ratios, but it also creates a claustrophobic feel. It is much a like a closeknit family; but like with all families, there is conflict and tension. Luckily, the school is in the large city of Boston, so even though words spread like wildfire, the city can be a sweet escape.

It's very hard for me to pinpoint the worst thing about my school. I love my school and it's very hard for me to think of something bad about it. i suppose the worst part is that the total cost of the school is well over $40,000 this year and will increase again for the next academic year. Our school has run into some financial problems, so it is rather hard to get enough financial aid to attend this school.

I believe the worst thing about Wheelock College, as I stated above, is its high prices. Again, it is hard for poorer students to attend Wheelock because of its price, even though everyone that attends Wheelock wants to do good in this world in one way or another. As prices continue to rise, it will continue to become harder and harder for students to be able to pay for their Wheelock College education.

We have a strong major program for education, child life, and social work but sadly that is all there is to offer. We do have other majors like Math and English, whitch is on the liberal side but 80% of students are looking to become teachers. So for those students looking to become something other then a teacher or social worker itis hard. It would be nice to have more options.

the cafeteria food does not seem to be fresh at all times (fruits, vegetables) and also the school does seem culturally segregated at times. I would also like to point out that the staff in financial aid aren't always friendly, welcoming, and willing to answer questions to the students who seem to need the most financial help.

The only thing that I would say my school should improve on is the meal varieties in the cafeteria. Even though there are meals for everyone - including vegetarians, vegans, etc. - there is still some difficulty with people who have food allergies such as onions, etc.

I think the worst thing about my school is the size of it. I think it is really important for children and families to be tended to. The fact that Wheelock isn't as known as other big universities is really upsetting. Wheelock should be a university, not a college.

Tuition at Wheelock is very high. Everything about the school is great. The only thing I wish was different is the cost. I have taken out serveral loans to attend Wheelock. Those loans are the only regrets I have about attending Wheelock College.

Because it is so focused (education and social work) , it is a difficult place to be for students who are unsure about what they want to do.

The population is mostly girls resulting in very clique-y behavior.