White Mountains Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for White Mountains Community College

Carolyn

Great community college that is perfect for earning a two year degree. Small classes sizes and professors that care about their students really make the difference at WMCC. Academic resources and passionate peer tutors help each student reach their fullest potential. It was a great experience for me!

I truly enjoy this college, I had a small problem, but it was fixed very quickly and everything is resolved now. You can talk to your teachers and basically all of the staff about anything, it is a very enjoyable school to go to, everyone is kind and everyone is there for you if you need them to.

I really got my money's worth from my time at WMCC. Most of my professors were highly knowledgeable in their fields and great at their jobs. The class sizes were small, so I really got to know my classmates and instructors. The school has a good offering of degree and certificate programs, and many of them go very well together. Nearly all student activities are offered by the student senate. There aren't really any campus organizations, but the student senate does a great job at lining up things for students to do. We've had free breakfast or lunch weeks, bowling nights, spring break trips to Boston, ski trips, bingo nights, raffles and prizes, and a bunch of other things. WMCC is pretty centered on student success, and the professors do their best in helping students define and reach their goals. Facilities are clean and well maintained, and the campus is safe. The administration isn't the greatest though - I am transferring to another school in NH, and even thought there was an established process to make this specific transition easier, it still took three months to get the appropriate people to provide the needed signatures and supporting paperwork. It wasn't a huge deal, but if something important needs to get done, I would recommend doing as much as possible in person and starting early. WMCC doesn't offer campus housing, but it does allow local property owners to post available rentals. And, because there are no residential students, the school doesn't have problems with drugs or alcohol in that people have to do these things on their own time. With three campuses in Berlin, Littleton, and North Conway, many of the students don't need to relocate themselves to be able to go to school. At the main campus in Berlin, the culinary program handles dining services - we actually had some really good food! Breakfast and lunch was offered daily, and the prices were good, although I don't think the other campuses have this service. The on campus bookstore was overpriced, as they usually are, but I never had problems getting anything I needed from them. The surrounding community is small and quiet, but most people can get what they need without really having to travel too far. Overall, my experience here was positive, and I felt prepared for employment after graduation. I ultimately went back to start coursework that I would need for my bachelor's degree at the new school, and the professors in my new program were just as good. I live in a rural area and was skeptical about going to community college, especially so close to home - and I would definitely recommend this institution to those looking to further their education.

Nick

I think the school was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I got a lot of information from taking a tour of the school. I'm excited to start as a student in the fall and I look forward to learning new things in the field I'm interested in.

Olivia

I believe WMCC is a place where the teachers truly care about not only you but your career as well. Not only are the teachers and staff encouraging all the students act as a big family and support each other endlessly. I am so thankful to have chosen not only a community college but WMCC, the opportunities are endless.

Michaela

White Mountains Community college was a wonderful experience! All the classes I attended were super informative! All professors in my major were always helpful and awesome! Such a n amazing group of students were in my major! We all studied and laughed together!

White mountains is overall an okay school for the area. I live in a very small community so choices are limited for academics. Most of the teachers do a decent job of teaching. There have been a select few that are questionable and not helpful at all. I do find that the school administration isn't very helpful and they leave most tasks up to the student to figure out. Not exactly the best approach when you have zero college experience like I did. Now after 2 years, I'm starting to figure things out and get things situated. I do not appreciate however one office guy. His comments are rude and he acts like I purposely ignore things. Otherwise, the school isn't too bad. Just administration needs to get their act together and be more helpful to students. Teachers and administration needs to be on the same page.

Top Questions about White Mountains Community College