Spokane, WA
Whitworth University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Whitworth University

There is an extremely close and tight-knit campus community. I feel like I belong to a big family. The campus is quite "faith-based", but different ways of thinking are welcomed.

Everyone proclaims change in one way or another when they go to college, but how many people grow. College students gain friendships, knowledge, and pant sizes, but what do they gain as a human being? Fortunately, I have not grown too much physically, but as far as the intellectual and spiritual aspects are concerned, I have extended and branched in directions that a year ago, I never would have fathomed. The eighteen years of my past include my life as a seed, the break through the groundings and comforts of home, and even the development of my first leaves as I matured and started to think on my own. I did not truly grow until I stepped on to the campus of Whitworth University. The energetic and supportive community provided the correct atmosphere for me to extend my branches and reach beyond what I am used to. The invested and devoted professors hydrate my mind and encourage me find and stretch my roots. I have a better understand of what I believe, what I know, and even a greater understand of what I have yet to learn. Thanks to Whitworth I am stronger, more intelligent, and ultimately a healthier person.

Which dorm to live in. There is a dorm that is reserved just for freshman and it is a blast to live in. I live across campus, but I still spend a lot of time there... so I guess it doesn't matter.

Tatiana

Whitworth University is a warm, welcoming college that provides many useful opportunities and entertaining activities for its students.

So far, my college experience has been everything and more than I imagined it to be. Being part of a welcoming environment has made me more comfortable to explore my options for my future. I came into college thinking I knew what I wanted. But after just a couple months I have learned so much more about myself, developed other abilities that I didn't know I had. College has deemed itself valuable because I have discovered abilities, ideas, career options that I never would have if I wasn't a part of the Whitworth community. Determining who I am as a person, employee, and a christian is what I have been striving to achieve ever since I walked onto this campus. Although I still have a long way to go, I have already taken some large steps in that direction and plan to continue to do so.

The best thing about Whitworth University is its ability to committ to christianity but at the same time be open to new ideas outside of religion. I have found that Whitworth is accepting of people and ideas that may differ from the norm. This however, is necessary because there are so many different ideas in society today that it is important for each and every one of them be accepted. Whitworth does a wonderful job of doing just that.

Mary

I am a returning student after being in the workforce for many years. I have found Edison State College to be a wonderful place with many opportunities to learn new things and meet new people. You are never to old to learn something new and be a contruibution to your community. I feel that every day is a new day to learn new things and expand on what life experiences you have had and will have in the future.

Jasmine

I learned many things over my year as a college student. While the teachers taught me all that they could and instilled in me the knowledge that I would need to further my college career, the lesson that most impacted me was not actually learned in the classroom, but rather in the unique atmosphere of college life. It is in the halls, cafeterias, and dorms that I gained a better understanding of how to interact and work with adults. While in high school, teachers try their best to prepare their young pupils for higher education and the world outside of the classroom. I had believed that I fully understood their meaning of teamwork and cooperation with others, but it was not until I was thrust into a completely new setting that I learned that I did not. Luckily, my college was very helpful; there were many clubs and social events to help integrate me into the complex life of a college student. I gained not only knowledge and understanding of important subjects but of myself and others as well. My college experience has been a critical part of my growth as a student and as an adult.

Kendra

My classmates are wonderfull people, they are all like minded, and love the Lord. I love going to school with the amazing people that im blessed to be around.

The college experience that I have had so far has been great. I addmit that the first term here was very difficult, but the people and the teachers are great. I think that this is a wonderful school. The campus is beautiful and I love looking outside and seeing the campus. It has been valuable to attend becasue I have already learned so much from the people here. This christian college has been a blessing to me. It is hard to pay for college of course, most people have this problem, but I am so blessed and gratefull that I have the opportunity to attend Whitworth.

The worst thing about my school? That's a hard question, I love this school. It's great and i love being here. The one thing that I would change would have to the food. I think that the food is resonably good but it could be better for how much we are paying for it. The food seems to be very unhealthy, and greecy. They do have a few healthy thingd though, such as sandwhiches and salads, but i think that they should have a few more choices.

Whitworth prides itself in giving its students an "education of the mind and heart." At Whitworth we are educated very strongly with a support of faith in Jesus Christ. Through my education here I have not only learned a great deal of valuable moral and otherwise important information, but I have received strengthened faith in my Lord, Jesus Christ!

Registration is through an online program that doesn't always work very efficiently, making for a lot of stress and difficulty getting into the desired classes - particularly if you're a freshman or sophomore.

Our school has an amazing community! We are a very small school, so everyone knows each other pretty well. We are very close and everyone is so friendly. The professors and students connect well with each other - I have yet to hear a student have any genuine dislike for a Whitworth professor!

Kseinya

Whitworth University is a very small private college with a strong sense of community; it includes an "education of the mind and heart", meaning that what they teach you here isn't just what you need to learn for your major, but it also enriches you in your everyday life.

So far in my Whitworth experience I have learned how hard it is to meet new people. I've learned that being an off-campus freshman is extremely difficult and it would be better to live on campus next year. It has been valuable for me because I have recieved an education in things I have never found interesting before, and Whitworth helped me to develop new passions.

I tell my friends about how beautiful the campus is and how I feel like I fit in here. I tell them about how Whitworth tries to include all students in its activities and tries to bring together freshman with upperclassmen. I tell them about the interesting traditions Whitworth has, such as Traditiation and fairs in the HUB.

Chris

Students came from all over the country, as well as different countries, to receive a thorough liberal arts education from a Christian perspective.

Going to college gave me a sense of the finer things in things in life. It also opened doors of opportunity for me that I could not received otherwise.

At the time, it was a much smaller school. Some of the equipment and facilities needed to bring Whitworth up to par with larger school were not available. This has since changed, and it is indeed a very attractive place to attend school.

ryan

What I have gotten out of my college experience so far is that there is such a big cloud of knowledge out there. Just in my field of automotive. There are infinite career possibilities that I can choose from. I went in knowing what I thought was a fair amount about the field I was planning on going into after getting to college I quickly realized that I hadn?t even scratched the surface of potential. I want to learn all that I can while I am here so that I can be the best candidate in my field.

Marissa

In my experience so far, Whitworth students make up a community of people hungry to learn and grow both mentally and spiritually?a community wanting to see its fellow members succeed, flourish, and impact the world in big ways.

Whitworth is known for it's high academic and sports performances, but more than that, it is known as a place where people take the time to invest in each other. As I observe those around me, I see students eager to broaden their perspectives and worldviews., which gives the campus a proactive atmosphere. Both students and teachers are passionate about what they are learning/teaching, and it inspires me to set my goals high. It is a place known for education of the mind and heart.

As a member of the Whitworth community, each day spent on campus has not only added to my perception of who Whitworth is and what it is all about, but has also heightened my understanding of what it means to be in college and to have the world at your finger tips. Being here continually begs the question ?what do you care about?? and then challenges one to be proactive about those passions. It further builds a networking community because it connects students to groups of people that care about similar ideas. Together, in fellowship, these groups can flourish and do big things in the world. I have learned that what I do does not define who I am, but rather who I am dictates what I do. Because of this, one of my goals is to be more intentional in how I spend my time and where I pour out my effort. Being at college has allowed me to discern where my heart lies, and it is my hope to filter my desicions through this knowedge. My time here has helped me discover who I am, and I value you this experience more than anything.

Whitworth University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.