Spokane, WA
Whitworth University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Whitworth University

Jasmine

I learned many things over my year as a college student. While the teachers taught me all that they could and instilled in me the knowledge that I would need to further my college career, the lesson that most impacted me was not actually learned in the classroom, but rather in the unique atmosphere of college life. It is in the halls, cafeterias, and dorms that I gained a better understanding of how to interact and work with adults. While in high school, teachers try their best to prepare their young pupils for higher education and the world outside of the classroom. I had believed that I fully understood their meaning of teamwork and cooperation with others, but it was not until I was thrust into a completely new setting that I learned that I did not. Luckily, my college was very helpful; there were many clubs and social events to help integrate me into the complex life of a college student. I gained not only knowledge and understanding of important subjects but of myself and others as well. My college experience has been a critical part of my growth as a student and as an adult.

Kendra

My classmates are wonderfull people, they are all like minded, and love the Lord. I love going to school with the amazing people that im blessed to be around.

The college experience that I have had so far has been great. I addmit that the first term here was very difficult, but the people and the teachers are great. I think that this is a wonderful school. The campus is beautiful and I love looking outside and seeing the campus. It has been valuable to attend becasue I have already learned so much from the people here. This christian college has been a blessing to me. It is hard to pay for college of course, most people have this problem, but I am so blessed and gratefull that I have the opportunity to attend Whitworth.

The worst thing about my school? That's a hard question, I love this school. It's great and i love being here. The one thing that I would change would have to the food. I think that the food is resonably good but it could be better for how much we are paying for it. The food seems to be very unhealthy, and greecy. They do have a few healthy thingd though, such as sandwhiches and salads, but i think that they should have a few more choices.

Whitworth prides itself in giving its students an "education of the mind and heart." At Whitworth we are educated very strongly with a support of faith in Jesus Christ. Through my education here I have not only learned a great deal of valuable moral and otherwise important information, but I have received strengthened faith in my Lord, Jesus Christ!

Registration is through an online program that doesn't always work very efficiently, making for a lot of stress and difficulty getting into the desired classes - particularly if you're a freshman or sophomore.

Our school has an amazing community! We are a very small school, so everyone knows each other pretty well. We are very close and everyone is so friendly. The professors and students connect well with each other - I have yet to hear a student have any genuine dislike for a Whitworth professor!

Kseinya

Whitworth University is a very small private college with a strong sense of community; it includes an "education of the mind and heart", meaning that what they teach you here isn't just what you need to learn for your major, but it also enriches you in your everyday life.

So far in my Whitworth experience I have learned how hard it is to meet new people. I've learned that being an off-campus freshman is extremely difficult and it would be better to live on campus next year. It has been valuable for me because I have recieved an education in things I have never found interesting before, and Whitworth helped me to develop new passions.

I tell my friends about how beautiful the campus is and how I feel like I fit in here. I tell them about how Whitworth tries to include all students in its activities and tries to bring together freshman with upperclassmen. I tell them about the interesting traditions Whitworth has, such as Traditiation and fairs in the HUB.

Chris

Students came from all over the country, as well as different countries, to receive a thorough liberal arts education from a Christian perspective.

Going to college gave me a sense of the finer things in things in life. It also opened doors of opportunity for me that I could not received otherwise.

At the time, it was a much smaller school. Some of the equipment and facilities needed to bring Whitworth up to par with larger school were not available. This has since changed, and it is indeed a very attractive place to attend school.

ryan

What I have gotten out of my college experience so far is that there is such a big cloud of knowledge out there. Just in my field of automotive. There are infinite career possibilities that I can choose from. I went in knowing what I thought was a fair amount about the field I was planning on going into after getting to college I quickly realized that I hadn?t even scratched the surface of potential. I want to learn all that I can while I am here so that I can be the best candidate in my field.

Marissa

In my experience so far, Whitworth students make up a community of people hungry to learn and grow both mentally and spiritually?a community wanting to see its fellow members succeed, flourish, and impact the world in big ways.

Whitworth is known for it's high academic and sports performances, but more than that, it is known as a place where people take the time to invest in each other. As I observe those around me, I see students eager to broaden their perspectives and worldviews., which gives the campus a proactive atmosphere. Both students and teachers are passionate about what they are learning/teaching, and it inspires me to set my goals high. It is a place known for education of the mind and heart.

As a member of the Whitworth community, each day spent on campus has not only added to my perception of who Whitworth is and what it is all about, but has also heightened my understanding of what it means to be in college and to have the world at your finger tips. Being here continually begs the question ?what do you care about?? and then challenges one to be proactive about those passions. It further builds a networking community because it connects students to groups of people that care about similar ideas. Together, in fellowship, these groups can flourish and do big things in the world. I have learned that what I do does not define who I am, but rather who I am dictates what I do. Because of this, one of my goals is to be more intentional in how I spend my time and where I pour out my effort. Being at college has allowed me to discern where my heart lies, and it is my hope to filter my desicions through this knowedge. My time here has helped me discover who I am, and I value you this experience more than anything.

Chelsea

I have gotten a lot of discipline out of my college experience so far. I realized I have to be disciplined in every aspct of my life. I have to be disciplined to study, read, and do my assignments. I have also learned to manage my time better. Being able to seperate time with work, school, and social activities is very important and is essential to having success. College has also helped me to mature. You are considered an adult and your professors, counselors, and peers treat you that way. You are responsible for making it to class, contacting the professor for extra help, reading the required text, and much more.

Alan

During my life as a college student at Dekalb Technical College, there were many bumps along this road to success. However; these did not stop me, nor hinder my plans for the future. I started off a bit slow going to school part time, working part time. Above all there was a lot to be learnt in technical school. No matter how much is thrown at you, keep one foot ahead of the other, and keep your goals within grasp. Learning that I might not know everything dawned upon me after I failed that class the second time. I was overconfident with my thinking and because of it threw away the money that came from me to pay for that course. As a result; school means a lot more to me, while bringing value for my determination to stay in school. Likewise, class is what I live for, it gives me reason to believe one day I shall be a better, more defined person than I could ever imagine. College is a gateway for many young or old individuals to sacrifice a few years of studying, in exchange for a lifetime of achievement and purpose.

Sarandn

I have experienced college for about one month. I fully regret leaving school or shall I say withdrawling from classes until my financial situation was settled, but i learned a great deal from going to college. Some of the things i learned that has a lot of meaning is that college is no joke and it is reality life is college you do as much as you can to stay on top and be successful. I also learned that if you make friends in college later on in the future you will have a lot of people of shall i say a lot of resources to use later in life. Say for instance i wanted to start a company i would need a web page i would have a friend that can do that for me. its also been valuable to me because i learned to survive on little cash and spend money on the nesscessities.

Whitworth University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.