Whitworth University Top Questions

Sierra

Whitworth University is a great place to be. I would definitely recommend checking it out and seeing if it's right for you! That isn't to say it's perfect for everyone. If you aren't into smaller schools with an emphasis on community, Whitworth might not be the place for you.

There is an extremely close and tight-knit campus community. I feel like I belong to a big family. The campus is quite "faith-based", but different ways of thinking are welcomed.

Jeremy

There is an extreme sense of community and there is a lot of encouragement to develop who you are. Students tend to accept each other and are not overly judgemental regarding the interests of others. For instance, I am a guy who likes to try new things; I enjoy crocheting and rock climbing as well as playing frisbee and longboarding around campus, this semester I will be trying out some "down dog" in my Yoga Class.

Smaller, friendly school. Very much into the arts. I chose it because it was close to home for me. The city is bigger than most small towns, but not so big that you cannot figure it out. I liked that it was small for my education. Whitworth is suppose to have a good science program. The professors are very helpful to me and love their jobs.

Anna

Whitworth is unique because it is a smaller school. Because it is a smaller school it has a very strong community and you get very personal attention from your teachers. This is very helpful because it continually keeps you focused on the things that are important, your education and your life. This school also has a very strong community of Christian believers, which is very helpful. I believe that it is important to surround yourself with believers and this school provides many oppurtunities to do that. There are also many internships and study abroad programs available at Whitworth University.

Shawn

It is a small private christian school that doesn't discriminate. There are Christians and non-Christians, Jews, Mormons, Aetheists, all kinds of belief systems here because students are not required to sign a statement of belief to come. It has a focused mission that is made available to more people because of this and service is more of a choice then a requirement. Every January they provide a month long term, already paid for, which allows students to travel and do missions.

Teresa

The students are treated like adults.

Melody

B-Rob is Whitworth's secret weapon. Unlike most school, the President of Whitworth, B-Rob, is incredibly involved in eace student's life. Bill Robinson takes the time to know each student by name and genuinely cares about their individual experience at Whitworth. B-Rob insists that Whitworth is a "first-name basis" campus from administration, to faculty, staff and students. As a transfer, I know that this is not the case for many other schools. Whitworth is the most open, caring and down to earth university I know of.